Southampton Thread

I can't believe he's quitting, very shocked.

hopefully he's gonna come up north and manage the Mighty Aberdeen. :)

JimJoeC said:
He'll be back, maybe not with us but sooner or later he'll miss the game too much, they always do.

Maybe he should become a pundit!

Now that would be brilliant. They could get him to interview the managers after games :mrgreen:

Nickybaker said:
JimJoeC said:
He'll be back, maybe not with us but sooner or later he'll miss the game too much, they always do.

Now that would be brilliant. They could get him to interview the managers after games :mrgreen:

Yeah watching him interview Fergie would be good, you could probley sell tickets fot that :mrgreen:

JimJoeC said:

Yeah he would be amazing on Soccer Saturday with Rodney, Jeff and co. :mrgreen: Guaranteed riots. ;)

Zico said:
I can't believe he's quitting, very shocked.

hopefully he's gonna come up north and manage the Mighty Aberdeen. :)

did ya not read the article? he's staying in southampton and that'd be one hell of a round trip to training.

who'd ya reckon will be the next saints manager? le saux? le tiss?

well on talksport theyve been discussing names like mark hughes, hoddle going back (really cant c that as he pissed off lowe so much when he left) and some french bloke that was managing at the WC but isnt now ?!!?!?!

loz said:
well on talksport theyve been discussing names like mark hughes, hoddle going back (really cant c that as he pissed off lowe so much when he left) and some french bloke that was managing at the WC but isnt now ?!!?!?!

Actually Sparky would be a great manager for them, specially for Beatties prospects. I wanted him to come back to OT and be number two to Fergie but they've never got on, Southampton would be a good club for him, and he's a cracking bloke.

Nah ya rite, cant see them wanting Hoddle tbh, waste of feckin space (as a manager) IMO.

What about Mick Channon? :mrgreen:

Surely his horse training skills would be a big bonus for Southampton.

I think it might be Sparky as he was heavily linked woth us around the time of Leeds' intrest.

I certainly hope so.

Jonah has gone to the Pool as well which is another blow.

HODDLE BACK AT SAINTS?

Tuesday February 10 2004

Glenn Hoddle looks set to return to Southampton as manager this week as chairman Rupert Lowe risks the wrath of the fans.
Hoddle left Southampton under a cloud three years ago when he walked out of the club to take over at Tottenham and took star defender Dean Richards with him.
The Saints fans sang anti-Hoddle songs during Saturday's goalless draw with Fulham, but Lowe is expected to ignore their feelings and give Hoddle another chance.
Current boss Gordon Strachan has announced that he wishes to leave the club at the end of the season but he is likely to be pushed out much sooner to make way for Hoddle.
The sacked Spurs boss was in charge at the south-coast club for just over a year but he is credited with beginning the revival that continued under Strachan.
Chairman Lowe is apparently more forgiving than Saints fans, and pointedly shook hands with Hoddle on his last return to the club with Spurs.
He lays most of the blame for Hoddle and Richards' departure at the gate of 'north London yobbos' Tottenham.
Hoddle has been widely criticised for his man-management skills at Tottenham but Lowe has still opted for him over other leading candidates Alain Perrin and Mark Hughes though he has denied that a decision has been made.
"No decision has been made about a new manager," Lowe told the BBC. "We are keeping our options open and will name a new manager when it is right for us.''

am in a state of shock :( :(

i really cant c this happening, there was so much resentment to the way he left and went to the spurs. Lowe doesnt strike me as the sort of chairman to bury grudges. maybe dave jones, but hoddle, no.

Butatista said:
Jim

How about double or quits on our bet? You get the draw. Can't say fairer than that can I?

I offered my mate that same bet but he predicts a saints 2-1 defeat. Was thinking of giving him the handicap but I think the saints deserve a bit more respect than that.

Glenn Hoddle better not come back, I would be STUNNED if he did. Rupert went nuts when he left for Spurs, I can't imagine him ever trusting him again.

Nickybaker said:
Butatista said:
Jim

How about double or quits on our bet? You get the draw. Can't say fairer than that can I?

I offered my mate that same bet but he predicts a saints 2-1 defeat. Was thinking of giving him the handicap but I think the saints deserve a bit more respect than that.

Not when it's the Arse at home. No-one is going to Highbury expecting much more than a point if their lucky. :(

Back
Top Bottom