Spanish La Liga Thread

Big test for Courtois in goal too...

Ps: i'm sorry, but i really loved this kid last season. Warched him week in week out with Genk and as a former GK, i became mightily impressed with him. Hope i don't has to take 8 goals like that poor Ossasuna GK.

Talking about former Genk players, Steven Defour faces Axel Witsel in his first Clássico at Dragão (btw, didn't know that Genk and Standard were ferocious rivals, Portuguese Press has compared Defour to Moutinho because of his move from Genk to Standard). You Gerd, and all Liga fans, should not miss Porto-Benfica tonight! :)

TSO, what a brilliant stuff that goal (Gaitan's) was! I was watching it since the 52th minute (damn I'm so unlucky, missed that goal) and about to turn it off as being a bit disappointed cuz it was really going boring to me (and saw some Busquets' stuff there lol) but then I saw that goal and gave up immmediately! :D Now I can say that the draw looks a fair result from what Ive seen.

What do you mean by "Busquets stuff"? Maybe this?

YouTube - Agressão Cardozo

:LOL:

F'n ridiculous diver! At the end of the day, this was the picture of the game: too much aggressiveness, a lot of dives and poor football (well, it seems the poor show is a Clássico thing :P). I reckon the game may have been boring for neutrals, apart from the emotion this rivalry brings to the field, there was no other point of interest last night.

Lovely Gaitán goal indeed. I'll post it in the Portuguese League Thread. ;)

In a benfiquista point of view, great result for us, getting a point at Dragão never easy so I'm happy after all. We're still tied with them at the top of the league.

What the hell was Manzano thinking by replacing Godin who's just returned from injury with Dominguez who is pretty decent recently? or taking Silvio who is a quite energetic fullback out and playing with old Perea? or putting Mario Suarez as a starter, who brings nothing special? and playing with only three players upfront, taking a creative attacker like Arda Turan out?

Most probably he was dreaming of a goalless draw but now that dream may surely turn out to be a nightmare like another 8-0 if Barça will.

F'n disappointed with that display of Atletico.

Yeah. Was expecting a totally different game by Atletico. They started of really well though.

Last edited:
Silvio is injured, Kanouté. Btw, I've seen that you scored against Valencia! Well done mate! :APPLAUD:

Disappointing display indeed, this was an anti-climax.

Poor Courtois...hope this will not affect him (i don't think so, this guy is as cool as a cucumber).

André the rivalry between Genk and Standard started because of the transfer of Defour to Standard. Before that they were no rivals. At the time Genk had an asshole of a president and he made a big fuzz about this transfer. I like Genk a lot, but in this instance they were entirely wrong...

L-I-O-N-E-L M-E-S-S-I
--------I-S---------
----G---O-----D

FCB 5-0 ATM
MESSI 3
VILLA 1
PEREA AUTOGOAL

who-is-the-new-god-of-football.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, What a f'n match by Ever Banega!! Unbelievable this guy! The passing, the tackling, the aggression.. he just runs the middle of the field!

I loved the part I think around 70th minute where he 0wned Messi! He tackles him hard but fair, jumps back up on the ball with great urgency and does that little quick turn he does so smoothly and so often to go past the resillient World's #1! Messi was like DAMN! this guy's good!

Lot of good performances today but MoM should've been Banega. Don't know if he got it....

P.s. It's nice to bring Tino Costa, Piatti and Jonas as your subs!

LOL i seriously see him in Madrid shirt after this season, not just on his personal photos :D :D

André the rivalry between Genk and Standard started because of the transfer of Defour to Standard. Before that they were no rivals. At the time Genk had an asshole of a president and he made a big fuzz about this transfer. I like Genk a lot, but in this instance they were entirely wrong...

Thanks for the info Gerd. :TU: I really didn't know that about him and the rivalry, in fact I thought Defour was formed at Genk alongside Axel Witsel.

Haha, cheers brother! :) They were being too much and somebody got to put them in their place. :P

Oh I see. :LOL: Kanouté will be a threat again this season. Shame I couldn't watch this game. :(

LOL i seriously see him in Madrid shirt after this season, not just on his personal photos

Highly doubt. We can't buy all players in the World. :D

Oh I see. :LOL: Kanouté will be a threat again this season. Shame I couldn't watch this game. :(

Shame indeed. Shame I got subbed off at only the 55th minute. :P Anyway, it was a nice game to watch. Had a bit of everything. Luck was with Sevilla being nine men for more than twenty minutes but still having managed to win. Also Aduriz made things easier for Sevilla with that nonsense action. If you didn't watch it, you can find a proper highlights vid at TVGolo. ;)

Messi might need Xavi to score, but Ronaldo needs referee to do it :D

Messi is just the best.

Highly doubt. We can't buy all players in the World. :D

but he´s Madridista, if Madrid would want him, he´s certainly going there, couse he is better than Khedira imho...

Andre, Defour was formed 6km's from where i lived: KV Mechelen. Then he went to Genk at a rather young age.
Witsel is a Standard youth product.

Both Genk and Standard have fantastic youth academies.

Messi might need Xavi to score, but Ronaldo needs referee to do it :D

Messi is just the best.

but he´s Madridista, if Madrid would want him, he´s certainly going there, couse he is better than Khedira imho...

He is but your forgetting about Nuri Sahin, another brilliant player and should become a top midfielder at Real.

Levante is the surprise package so far this year! Crazy! Let's see if they can keep it up. I very much doubt it...

Sunny SPL is back! Malaga vs RM, what you expected and what you get.. Malaga's simply being thrashed. Ronaldo's third one was really a different one but still not close to Ibrahimovic's class of course. :P Di Maria.. I don't remember another typical trickster playing out of his mind but trying too hard like that over recent years, he makes stupid choices most of the time but never seems to be tired at all. What an energetic player! Oh and btw, his assist to Ronaldo's first one was Beckham-like. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom