Spanish La Liga Thread

Kanouté

#NewEra
26 April 2008
Looks like everything related to Spanish football goes to RM, Barça threads. I checked if any La Liga thread already exists here but found only yearly threads that died long time ago. So I think this is needed. Anyway, let's get started. :)

Radamel Falcao is a beast, too much for La Liga's so-called defenders. The reason to watch Atletico for me. :COOL:

Racing n Valencia did well , I think the Barca game had a few errors against Barca imo beside Abidal`s , not major one but Masch tackles was hardly anything and got booked, Then Messi had a clear penalty not given. Valencia was immense though....

Indeed beboquintero, even the f'n Fernando Torres would have scored that one...

... well, maybe not! :LOL:

Now you lot know why I called Falcao the best poacher in Europe a little while. Here he is! :BOP:

soldado is friend of torres...
great game ValenciaVsBarcelona

I think that barça don't play very good in first time, but the referee don't see 1 penalty to messi...
In second half, BArça go up, and guardiola put thiago,villa,adriano, more attack...
and i saw another penalty to messi....

finally, Cesc make justice...4 goals in 4 match, great player...

Valencia Make good match, pablo hernandez, rami..great first time, guaita! save 2-2 to messi...2-2 to villa....

i don't call about RM because i'm laugthing xD (sorry)

Last edited:
Valencia vs. Barca GREAT match!!

Great football at times from both teams. Nice aggression, competitive. Very enjoyable!

Each team got only a point but the fans like me won all 3. :)

By the way, What a f'n match by Ever Banega!! Unbelievable this guy! The passing, the tackling, the aggression.. he just runs the middle of the field!

I loved the part I think around 70th minute where he 0wned Messi! He tackles him hard but fair, jumps back up on the ball with great urgency and does that little quick turn he does so smoothly and so often to go past the resillient World's #1! Messi was like DAMN! this guy's good!

Lot of good performances today but MoM should've been Banega. Don't know if he got it....

P.s. It's nice to bring Tino Costa, Piatti and Jonas as your subs!

That's what great about Messi. 2 assists and 2 penalties that the ref didn't want to see. And it was a bad night for him.

Banega was inmense, and Guaita too. A great great match for all those who said Sunny SPL. Matches like this are pure football. I don't mind losing two points like that. Great Valencia in the first half. Amazing Barcelona in the last 35 minutes. A great show of football that other coaches would hide talking about the ref, Great Emery and PEp.

I only saw the first half. IMO Barcelona were lucky because Soldado missed a sitter, it could have been 3-1.
But yes, Rami committed a foul on Messi..that was a clear penalty.

Good result for the competition; Valencia and Santander did football a huge favour yesterday.

And it would have been the 2nd yellow to Ramis, that's why the ref ignored the play. If you watched only the first half, you missed the final 30 minutes of the game that were very exciting! And Barcelona had 6 clear chances on the 2nd half to win! Unlucky that Villa couldn't score a 1 vs 1 in the last minute!

The minute that Barcelona went back to the 4-3-3 and Thiago subbed Keita, things went back to "normal" and Barcelona dominated. Valencia never ceased to look dangerous on the counters. All in all, a great game for tactical bitches. Lots of subtelties by both coaches and lots of turning points in the match.

I'm impressed by Cazorla, he scored 3 wonderfull Free Kicks , that's a pure efficacity + beauty ..
Falcao is now the 2nd in top world strikers in my opinion after Cavani ..

About the top world strikers, you forgot the number one Eto'o look how Inter is faring without him. Eto'o imo is both a goal getter and a forward who creates chances for other players. IMO he's becoming one of the best forwards ever.

Drekkard: that first yellow for Rami was not a yellow card IMO...Football is a wonderfull sport. I saw Valencia against Genk in the CL (Genk are my favourite team in Belgium). Genk was having a very bad beginning of the season and i anticipated something like 0-6. In the end the match ended 0-0 and this despite the fact that Valencia clearly have much more quality in their team, but they really played awfully bad (and Genk did well). Now the same team has a draw against Barcelona. Conclusion: Genk is as good as Barcelona!!!!!!! (Of course that last sentence is a joke...).

Great game for the neutral. Valencia swamped Barca in the first half and should have been ahead by more than one goal by half-time but Pep shifted his tactics and Barca ended the game stronger as Valencia tired.

If Valencia keep this up than the gap between 2nd and 3rd place might actually be less than 20 points come the end of the season. :P

By the way, What a f'n match by Ever Banega!! Unbelievable this guy! The passing, the tackling, the aggression.. he just runs the middle of the field!

I loved the part I think around 70th minute where he 0wned Messi! He tackles him hard but fair, jumps back up on the ball with great urgency and does that little quick turn he does so smoothly and so often to go past the resillient World's #1! Messi was like DAMN! this guy's good!

Lot of good performances today but MoM should've been Banega. Don't know if he got it....

P.s. It's nice to bring Tino Costa, Piatti and Jonas as your subs!

He's just unbelievably good :SHOCK: I can't believe no team tried to sign him in the summer, A 25M fee will seem like peanuts for him one day.

I'm impressed by Cazorla, he scored 3 wonderfull Free Kicks , that's a pure efficacity + beauty ..
Falcao is now the 2nd in top world strikers in my opinion after Cavani ..

Yeah, dude, they both are amazing. Awesome goalgetters with high work rate unlike most. Since Eto'o and Klose are getting older and older (but still great), these guys will dominate Europe's hardworking poacher list imo and already do so, though. Just one thing, I love Falcao's style much much more than any other striker atm. He's like Raul or Inzaghi, I mean, he just smells goals. It's like an ability that can't be gained by training but comes from birth. Cavani is excellent as well, real joy to watch.

Btw, Betis are going perfect. They were impressive against Barça in the draw in last year's Copa Del Rey from what I've seen and seems like they are very determined this year as well. I hope they don't fail so badly at the end of the day (I hope I used that idiom correctly lol).

Last edited:
Anyone saw Espanyol vs Getafe , the ref must`ve of stop the game abt 30 times. Getafe aren`t divers ,but they know how to get a call/free kick. Weiss must be on his 3 rd season loan ffs! Fui Fonte look like a familiar name at Arsenal could be wrong .

This game had lots of missed chances especially Getafe good Lord! Espanyol won on an injury time goal . Game was pretty dull almost like watching MLS. :SMUG:

:D :LOL:

Yah Getafe vs. Espanyol wasn't a good game but El Rifle came and won it at the end! :) Nice celebration too! You can see how much it meant!

I know what you mean about Falcao, Kanoute and TsO. I fully agree. LOVE his style too. He should've had more goals of course as the first one from corner was by NO MEANS a foul! AND earlier, that was definitely a penalty! He should've scored 5 goals but because of bad refereeing had 3.

Atletico played some BRILLIANT football at times! Arda Turan, Diego, Falcao, Salvio, Reyes... now there's an array of talent not that many teams can compete with!

Can't wait to see Falcao vs. Pique and Falcao vs. Psycho Pepe lol.

I can see both Pique and Pepe having trouble with him despite being taller and committing many fouls!

Banega is a great player but has serious problems with consistency. He can play brilliantly for 40 minutes, to then disappear for some games. Maybe if he had around even better players he would perform on a much persistent basis.

Beits was the best team Barcelona had to face last year, so it doesn't come as a surprise that they are winning. The other side of the coin are Villarreal and Bilbao. I like a lot Garrido and Bielsa, but their teams seem to lack a lot of consistency and quality.

Malaga is up there, as expected. I still have my doubts about them, but having Cazorla in the squad definitely shifted them up a lot. The guy is quality, and Baptista is one of the most underrated players in La Liga. He's truly a beast.

Great Atletico by now. The big test will be this weekend at Barcelona. Incredible match. In other times, this was the best match of football one could see in the planet. Much better than the Classicos. I remember incredible matches 5-4, 4-3, 3-4... Watching again the highlights of those games still brings back the emotions. I hope we see agreat match, Falcao does some brilliant performance and we win at the end. :)

Yah I can't wait for Barca vs. Atleti!

At. Madrid and Manzano's 'real' test.

As for Banega, yeah he can be inconsistent at times but in general I think he's improved a LOT over the last 18 months! He's more consistent now.

I think the real problem with him can be his attitude. He doesn't seem like the most professional and he does have a bad temper as well. The guy's a natural talent though!

Last edited:
Falcao may seriously cause problems to barcelona, he likes spaces and that's available in camp nou, he's fast and strong and hard-to-lose the ball ..
but I think barcelona will win ..

Back
Top Bottom