Spanish La Liga Thread

Re: Spanish La Liga Thread << Atleti Champions! >>

Well done Atletico.

Whilst I prefer Real personally, I was hoping Atletico would win the League, nothing against Barca, just hoping to see a new face in the mix-up (well in recent times anyway).

Now I can support Real and not feel a bit bad for Atletico should they lose, lol.

FD

I agree with drekkard, I always remember the champion to present his title in his first match home the next season (of course when the title is decided in the last fixture), the last time I remember, was in 2007 when RM won against Mallorca in fixture 38. And they presented their title against Atletico the next season.

SD Eibar promoted to Liga BBVA :EASY: :BEER:

cool, congratulations, i hope sabadell can join them.:BSCARF:

Yes man, this only can happen in Spain ...

One of the few teams without debt in Spain, and with the lowest budget in Liga Adelante (3,9 millon €) obliged to make a money extension all for a stupid law

Goodness that with the promotion to Liga BBVA Eibar will find money easier, if not, Eibar would be relegated to Segunda B

Sorry for my english

Whooa. Incredible. A model club punished like that. Hope they find funding.
Maybe Athletic will loan them some money. There's not like they will spend any money in tranfers window anyhow. :P

There have been a lot of players that unfortunately reached the end of the season suffering injuries and pain, but this guy may be the toughest of them all. My total respect for him.

Watching the second leg of the super cup.Amid all the real and false:drama, Ancelloti stays a real gentleman.
Otherwise, bad refereeing, but how do you officiate a match like this ?

Malaga sees 2 reds and GK scores to equalize , but was called a foul. Then, GK for Malaga pulls down player and NO penalty !!! Omg incredible end of the match.

https://vine.co/v/MLUAinlwlVd

Last edited:

D. Simeone suspended for 8 games. 4 games for slap( tap) 4th ref, 2 for protesting , 1 for applauding & 1 for sitting in stands.

Damn! It was a friendly lol

Last edited:

Simeone is the best coach in Europe, Atletico had never won twice at Bernabeu in consecutive seasons. Amazing record.

what amazes me is that Perez managed once again to destroy team that, after they learned to play together through last season, was the best in Europe (if you can claim that after winning CL and Euro Supercup). No wonder why fans last night were asking for him to leave

and Cuky, the problem is : instead of exploiting the absence now of the Decima obsession and starting to build a team (or strengthening the already strong team of last year) purely for football without pressure and hype, Perez managed to trim the squad and head toward a new level of "economy above football" strategy, he looks releaved of la Décima obsession in his own way, it's as if he was waiting for it to feel free to do what he wants. it's him who works his project now without pressure :D.

I don't deny his great work and vision to make Madrid stronger last years and I thank him for CL, but, I really want to him to leave, enough !!!

Typical Madrid. Find a successful formula and then take it apart by buying unnecessary Galacticos.

Atleti just keep on doing it. While they have good players, Simeone has made them such an impressive team that it greater than the sum of their parts.

No throwing silly money at players, just clever team management, excellent motivational skills and a thorough scouting system.

and Cuky, the problem is : instead of exploiting the absence now of the Decima obsession and starting to build a team (or strengthening the already strong team of last year) purely for football without pressure and hype, Perez managed to trim the squad and head toward a new level of "economy above football" strategy, he looks releaved of la Décima obsession in his own way, it's as if he was waiting for it to feel free to do what he wants. it's him who works his project now without pressure :D.

Well said.

Dude is an idiot and always has been. Somethings never change.

He cares more about 'star players', big names, shirt sales and marketing than having the most balanced and hence best possible team on the pitch and that will always hold Real Madrid back because even most of their glory-hunting fans aren't AS fickle and short-sighted AS he is.

Awful refereeing in Real Madrid - Elche match. I am still amazed how referee had awarded a penalty for Elche for foul on Ronaldo. Than Marcelo must have had his lucky boxers on in this game. First he got only yellow card when he should have got red one, and than he was awarded a penalty where there was no contact between him and defender. Even the 2nd RM penalty was a bit soft, even though Pašalić made a contact with Ronaldo.

Cuky, the penalty awarded to Elche is a clear and blatant penalty. Ronaldo doesn't see the attacker arriving, then he kicks him when trying to clear the ball. It's a blatant penalty, I'm surprised anyone can have any doubt about it. I agree Marcelo should have been sent off, too. I think the last one penalty definitely was, though.

Real is showing a ot of power in attack, the proof will be when playing against well organized teams that can defend and counter, like Atletico and Chelsea. I think Madrid will suffer a lot with those teams if the midfield doesn't improve in deffensive tasks. Illarramendi played probably one of his best matches against Elche, that's good news for him and Ancelotti.

sorry drekkard but I can't agree about penalty awarded to Elche. I maybe am a bit biased, but Ronaldo was trying to clear the ball out of the penalty area, Elche player tried to block and Ronaldo kicked underside of his boot. In my eyes that should have been given as indirect free kick for Madrid because of dangerous play by Elche player.

For Marcelo we both agree. He should have seen red card for that foul, or 2nd yellow when he dived to get a penalty. Last one was penalty as Pašalić touched Ronaldo's heel. It might be seen as soft one, but Ronaldo was free to run to the goal and that touch was enough for him to loose his balance.

As for midfield being weak in defensive tasks...well, that isn't really surprising when you see that midfield is made up by 3 offensive players (most of the time): Modrić, Kroos, James/Bale. Illara had great match about Elche and if he continues to show form like that he should be considered for starting 11 instead one of those 3 in the middle. If they all *have* to play than maybe Illara could be entered instead of Benzema. Even without Benzema in the team there is enough fire power to score many goals and still to retain same formation by moving one of midfielders (probably James) closer to the goal.

Come on, you're the only person I know in the planet that would have given a foul to the Elche player! That's Ronaldo's mistake for god's sake.

(couldn't find a better one, sorry)

YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo Epic Fail & Penalty Elche (Real Madrid 0 - 1 Elche)2014

I still think Real is the favorite to win the title, though this year, despite yesterday's terrible performance, I think Barcelona may put a tougher fight and seems to have more variety in the play, something I envy of Real.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom