Sports games new gen

rockstrongo

Retired Footballer
25 August 2006
Sweden
Hammarby
Haven't seen any thread on sports games yet.
I'd like to know what kind of games in this genre you like.
And what you will buy next gen for instance.

I'm getting NBA 2k21,can't wait to sink my teeth in to a very long myleague career.
Probably pick a very low rates team with lots of room on the salary cap.

Next game (and I can't wait for this one really) and that's MLB The Show 21.
First time on Xbox and just like 2k,best sim game out there.

Will definitely give both Pes 21 and FIFA 21 a miss,most likely NHL 21 too (or pick it up on sale/EA play)

Any other game you'll be picking up?

First next gen sports title will be Fifa 21, just because I own the PS4 version and get the PS5 update for free. I would be surprised if I play it a lot, because the game is such a crap and I simply don’t believe the gameplay changes for the better, if ever.

I probably will buy NBA 2k21 when it’s on sale. I have less to no clue about basketball but the first looks are pretty impressive in terms of graphic and movement. I bought NBA2k20 on the Switch for an absolutely give-away price and it really makes fun, although I’m stuck on the lowest difficulty. Have enough to do with learning the controls… I played the demo of NBA2k21 on the PS4 and the new shooting system is a pain in the ass for me. I really hope there will be an option to switch this off, then I would be motivated to dig deeper in this.

I will skip NHL21 as there will be no PS5 update. I played it a few hours on EA Access and I really don’t see any big gameplay changes to NHL20.

Don’t know if the current Madden will get an update on next gen, but if ever I’m gonna buy it late next year when it will be really cheap on sale. I like watching american football very much but the game is way too complicated for me.

What I really want is a new Fight Night (or any other boxing game), but I don’t see a chance for this. The last Fight Night was on last gen and boxing is somehow out of sight, at least here in Germany. UFC doesn’t do it for me, way too much controls and I don’t like and know all that martial-arts and wrestling stuff.

So in terms of sports games it looks like I will mostly play PES 2021 with a console that doesn’t sound like a combat bomber. Currently I set all my hopes in PES 2022 next year, fingers crossed.

So in terms of sports games it looks like I will mostly play PES 2021 with a console that doesn’t sound like a combat bomber. Currently I set all my hopes in PES 2022 next year, fingers crossed.
I have some,or even high hopes for Pes 22,might give Pes 21 a go on game pass (both 19+20 have been there)

FIFA will be a late thing for me, EA play probably.
Can't really be hyped for it,played 20 a lot,not a good game,but yet quite fun.

I'd love me a tennis game,or a track and field game,or/and some slalom/downhill game.

Don't know much on baseball,but MLB is a must buy for me,and 2k (which has been my major sports fix since 2k18)

Pretty much gave up on sports games after seeing the news of pc not getting next gen ports. By now we all know what happens. First few years pc wont get next gen ports at all.

Thought of trying ufc, that is not on pc either. Wwe games are pretty much dead too.

There seems to be a new wrestling game called "The wresting code" or something that's coming on pc and ps5. Might give that a try when it comes out.

Don't know much on baseball,but MLB is a must buy for me,and 2k (which has been my major sports fix since 2k18)

Don't know if you're into FM type games but for Baseball, OOTP (Out of the Park Baseball) is a superb FM type game for PC. Latest version is available cheap now as next version due in about March. You can either watch the games out (with as much management involvement if you wish or not) or just sim it. Also as with FM you can manage as micro as you like or let the AI take care of lots, ideal if you are learning the game.

Tennis Elbow on PC is well worth a look too.

Don't know if you're into FM type games but for Baseball, OOTP (Out of the Park Baseball) is a superb FM type game for PC. Latest version is available cheap now as next version due in about March. You can either watch the games out (with as much management involvement if you wish or not) or just sim it. Also as with FM you can manage as micro as you like or let the AI take care of lots, ideal if you are learning the game.

Tennis Elbow on PC is well worth a look too.
OOTP sounds like a game I need to have a look at.
I like manager games,play a lot of FM in periods.
I'll have look at that mate 👍

Didn't know it was a long hype, hopefully they get their shit together

Well I've been seeing a fair few tweets as they're a Sheffield studio and I follow a few Sheffield people because of Sheffield Wednesday so seen tweets about the game/dev for maybe 12 months or so. End of the day there's a real dearth of decent boxing games so I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Well I've been seeing a fair few tweets as they're a Sheffield studio and I follow a few Sheffield people because of Sheffield Wednesday so seen tweets about the game/dev for maybe 12 months or so. End of the day there's a real dearth of decent boxing games so I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
Same here mate,would love a good boxing game,hardly any this gen at all.

it was really good and full room scale too. I've read the next version has multiplayer - and it burned up some calories too

Back
Top Bottom