Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misfit said:
apparently spurs are trying to sign jody morris

yeah i heard that, i think he'd be a good signing, more of a squad player tho and we'd still need at least one ball winner, maybe two. if only we could get rid of goran!!

looks like kanoute could end up at newcastle unless we can get a deal tied up quickly, freddie appears 2 wana join us down at the lane (fool!??!?) but there a £2mill diff in what we wana pay £3mill and what west ham are askin £5 mill!!

we dont really have a specific budget, the board will just pay it if they think there worth it (to an extent). I imagine we will end up spending around 10 mill maybe this summer upto 15 max probably.

faiers said:
we dont really have a specific budget, the board will just pay it if they think there worth it (to an extent). I imagine we will end up spending around 10 mill maybe this summer upto 15 max probably.

i'd really like to c hoddle bringing some young talent thro tho, what with all this cash we're supposed to be spendin on the youth academy.

yeah we do seem to be signing up loads of 'wonderkids' to the ranks but wether we see em or not is another thing. Hopefully we can get planning permission for that academy but we wont see the benefits from that for ages i guess.

We already have some quality in the youth and reserve ranks like: Blondel, Yates, Slabber, Marney, Ricketts and Benny. we have some players there that fit the sort of players we need why spend millions on players that will only clog up our wage bill and probebly get injured and do fcuk all. Pleat has done a great job on the Youth front and Hoddle should open his eyes, Stop being so Big headed and give them a shout this season.

yeah i highly agree TBM, i think etherington should also be given more of a run, he's looked quite exciting when i've seen him play, blondel's also looked pretty good, altho havent seen that much of the wee belgian fella.

Villafc said:
Guys , ye should get one of the mods to change this thread title to The Spurs thread. The Postiga title is a bit old now.

agree

Villafc said:
Guys , ye should get one of the mods to change this thread title to The Spurs thread. The Postiga title is a bit old now.

whoever started it can change it dont have to be a mod!

also i'd like to c hoddle bring in a natural left back, we havent had one since edinbrugh left!

i dont think he's that committed to defending tbh.

i want us to have four solid defenders and a ball winner, go the cloughie way, ya start off with a point so might as well retain that.

personally i think hoddle will play em when their ready. Iv seen blondel play twice now and hes got the technique but he looks more like a ball boy at the minute. I think its a problem when they leave us and go on to become amazing players which hasnt happened yet so maybe its worth reserving judgement for a while. I can see etherington leaving sooner or later and becoming quite a handy player at another club though, if he learns how to cross it he can be a real asset for us this season.

I thought zeige had quite a poor season when he played compared to his first at the club. but iv only got a membership and people who i know with season tickets who go to every game seemed to think he was tracking back quite well this year, and to be fair that is the sort of thing u pick up when u go to every games.

If were sticking with wingbacks i think well be ok for another season.

Blondel has already played for the senior Belgium team so why not the Spurs first team. if hoddle doesn't give the young lads a go in the first team (WC, Frendlies) then they will want to go, then Birmingham or newcastle buy them and were are spurs left with the same shit as the year before. Janus isn't exactly the incredible hulk and he gets in the Newcastle team week in week out and with the light weight midfield we already have what damage can it do (man i really am attackin Hoddle and spurs, uh well its not as if im being harsh)

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Blondel has already played for the senior Belgium team so why not the Spurs first team. if hoddle doesn't give the young lads a go in the first team (WC, Frendlies) then they will want to go, then Birmingham or newcastle buy them and were are spurs left with the same **** as the year before. Janus isn't exactly the incredible hulk and he gets in the Newcastle team week in week out and with the light weight midfield we already have what damage can it do (man i really am attackin Hoddle and spurs, uh well its not as if im being harsh)

exactly TBM, i think it's better to play blondel, ricketts=, slabber etc instead of persistin with gus, teddy and all these other has beens.

Shaggy has hinted at a return to Pompey :x
i know he didnt have a good year last year but i still think he's a key player 4 us. his passing and vision are still excpetional and i think he can bring the younger players along if they are given a chance, especially davies who i think needs to show he can perform 4 the whole season this year and not just the first part.

i dunno lads, hoddle works with the players week in week out and even if you dont rate him you have to accept he knows a hell of a lot more than us.

Blindmonkeys as i said it becomes a problem if these players go on to great things at other clubs but this hasnt happened yet. Iv seen blondel play a couple of times and its completely understandable why hod hasnt thrown him in at the deep end straight away. To be fair he had a bad injury around easter and in the end do we really know enough about these players to start demanding they play. Jenus also cost 5 mill in comparison to blondel who only cost like 700k, surely the differance in price tag would suggest jenas was a lot readier for premiership action. Im sure we will see more of blondel this season but its only a problem when they leave us and go onto greater things with other clubs if ur gonna be realistic.

Personally i dont get why people slate anderton, spurs fans in general seem to have a problem with any players over 25. Imo he was superb in hoddles first season and was in no way worse than a lot of our first team last year. Could be an extremely valuable squad player if we wish to push for europe imo.

SIMON DAVIES is set to ask for a transfer from Tottenham after showdown talks with the club.
Liverpool are ready to make a £10m move for the Welsh international - a dazzling right midfielder who has also attracted interest from Manchester United.
HOTLINE understands that Davies, 23, had "amicable talks" with his Spurs bosses last week, in which he told them he wanted to leave White Hart Lane.
Manager Glenn Hoddle does not want to lose Davies as he seeks to rebuild the club with young talent.
We can reveal that, after landing Portuguese starlet Helder Postiga, Spurs have started an astonishing hush-hush move to take Real Madrid's brilliant young striker Javi Portillo to the club.
Portillo, the brightest young star at Madrid, would cost around £10m but that hasn't scared off Hoddle and chairman Daniel Levy, who has promised to back his under-fire boss.
Sources in Spain last night revealed that Spurs have been speaking to the Spanish giants about the chance of taking the up-and-coming scorer in a sensational swoop.
Portillo is a big name in Madrid despite only being on the fringe of their all-star side. He is stuck behind Ronaldo and Raul in the pecking order and Fernando Morientes is above him, too.
Tottenham's money men are putting together the package, even though it would represent an amazing coup.
The move is a surprise in many ways. Spurs were supposed to be working on a limited budget and they already have Postiga and Robbie Keane on board.
But Madrid insiders insist that they have been talking to Spurs in the past couple of weeks and the deal is ongoing but not yet finalised.
Selling Davies could fund the deal, even though Hoddle would rather keep his goalscoring international.

Portillo is an amazing player, could be a better goalscorer than Raul and it WOULD BE AMAZING if he were to join us.

i really dont wana lose Davies tho, but if he aint happy at the lane then he should be moved on, and hopefully hoddle'll be able to bring in some1 else to play down the right.

still if we can get in a striker of Portillo class then i wont be complaining about the sale of Davies too much.

I could also c Davies goin to United due to the fact they appear not to be getting Ronaldinho and are obviously gonna need more cover for the right hand midfield slot.

just a quick bit of info, keano has take sheri's no10 shirt and postiga will wear the no8 shirrt, vacated by sherwood when he joined pompey.

good to c some sensible number action there ;)

i dunno lads, hoddle works with the players week in week out and even if you dont rate him you have to accept he knows a hell of a lot more than us.

Blindmonkeys as i said it becomes a problem if these players go on to great things at other clubs but this hasnt happened yet. Iv seen blondel play a couple of times and its completely understandable why hod hasnt thrown him in at the deep end straight away. To be fair he had a bad injury around easter and in the end do we really know enough about these players to start demanding they play. Jenus also cost 5 mill in comparison to blondel who only cost like 700k, surely the differance in price tag would suggest jenas was a lot readier for premiership action. Im sure we will see more of blondel this season but its only a problem when they leave us and go onto greater things with other clubs if ur gonna be realistic.

Personally i dont get why people slate anderton, spurs fans in general seem to have a problem with any players over 25. Imo he was superb in hoddles first season and was in no way worse than a lot of our first team last year. Could be an extremely valuable squad player if we wish to push for europe imo.

I was at Blondel's First apperance against Southampton and he looked great. i no about Letting Players settle and that he had an injury but come on the lad felt like packin it all in before his injury because he couldn't even warm the bench (which i'm sure he would of rather done.

Hoddle's man management is crap and unless he changes his mind on putting Experience before youth that Spurs will always be a mid-table Nothing gained yet nothing lost no hopers we have been for 12 years.

im not saying throw him stait in the deep end but at least let him have a paddle in the shallow before you assess he aint good enough.

mate i was at that game too plus the dc united one and he looked completelty out of place. He clearly has the technique but he looks more like a ball boy than a premiership footballer. Hoddle tried to get him involved early but it was clear to see he would get walked over in the premiership week in week out. Even if you dont like hoddle you have to accept he knows a lot more than us anyway.

Its all well and good sayinfg play the youngsters but how do we honestly know if our youngsters are good enough mate.

Im not saying i know when blondel should play, im just saying imo from what i saw its understandable why hoddle hasnst dropped the likes of poyet and anderton for him and generally hes the one who works with the players and wether we like it or not he knows a lot more than us.

Anyway, we shall see wether hoddles way of doing things is gonna take us anywhere this year.

see we were linked with kezman today for 3 mill and portillo for 10. Plus maybe Carew. The tabloids do have quite an extraordinary imagination.

outta those three i'd take portilla, but i havent seen kezman, i just think with keano and postiga we need a REAL goalscorer, a la gary lineker.

i was at the dc game too, gazza looked like he was about fifty and i couldnt believe how much weight waddle had put on :shock:

kezman got like 40 goals in the dutch league, its not exactly an amazing league but its still fairly decent and 40 goals isnt easy. Plus anyone who gets that many goals must be a bit of a goal hanger. To be fair how stupid do we look discussing who wed rather have out of porillo and kezman anyway :oops: ... we can dream anyway.

to be fair gazza picked up an injury but ginola still looked fairly decent. Waddle picked out a few crosses but that was well funny when everyone was cheering him on as he struggled to get down the line.

Tottenham boss Glenn Hoddle is ready to offer players in part-exchange for West Ham United striker Freddie Kanoute.Hoddle reportedly intends to send one of Gary Doherty or Chris Perry to Upton Park in a swap for Frenchman Kanoute.
The Hammers are demanding £5 million for Kanoute, while Spurs have so far indicated they're only willing to offer £3 million.

faiers said:
to be fair gazza picked up an injury but ginola still looked fairly decent. Waddle picked out a few crosses but that was well funny when everyone was cheering him on as he struggled to get down the line.

yeah but gazza just looked so thin and. . . . . well, worn, i guess. i was sitting on the side where waddle was struggling and i also thought calderwood looked pretty fit!!

just a quick bit of info, keano has take sheri's no10 shirt and postiga will wear the no8 shirrt, vacated by sherwood when he joined pompey.

good to c some sensible number action there

No8 has always been my fav number for a football shirt(mostley coz of Gazza who is my football idol) so to see it on Deadwood was fcukin s'hit. im glad that it has gone to some1 worthy of it.

Im sad to say it but gazza is nomore. such a shame for a guy that had the football world at his feet and blow it away with the drinkin culture he was surrounded in. God Bless ya Gazza England will never be the same without ya :(

I'm heading over to London for the freindly with PSV on August 3rd. My mates a Spurs fan, and he asked me to go. So if any of you gents are goin, i'll be the lad wearing the Villa shirt.!!! :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom