Stadium Server R App

Just a quick message to report a bug I am having sometime with the python script that takes screenshots after pressing the keys a and s.
Sometime (too often to my taste) the script takes a screen shot if you only press a or s which activate the loading stadium process at the wrong time.

It doesn't deserve a package update, but if you are like me annoyed about this, goes to your Stadium Server R App folder, open the python_script folder. And with a text editor open Screen_shot_shortcut_mss.py file.

Replace the line 7:
{keyboard.KeyCode(char='s'),keyboard.KeyCode(char='a')}

by

{keyboard.KeyCode(char='$')}

Save. Done!

I used $ but you can use the key of your choice. Just use one key because the key combination doesn't always work as intended.

A small update to the Stadium Server to fix one bug and make two improvements:

- Fixed a bug with glare files. Previously if the files you provided had either the lnx or the rx3 type but not the other type of file the server was assuming you had the both types and it would not look into your game folder or the stad_source.zip to collect the files, resulting in an error message telling you that glare files were missing. This is now fixed.

- The App now use the country column first then the comment column of your map_stadium.txt to sort and display the stadium list. Previously only the country column was used. This makes easier to find your stadium when you want to manage them (ie:update them)

- You must now press the key "$" instead of the combo "a" and "s" to load your stadiums at the kickoffhub screen. With the previous set up sometime the order to load a stadium was sent when "a" or "s" were pressed separately, resulting in a stadium trying to be loaded at the wrong time.

The updated Stadium Server (AIO and update from v1.4 to v1.5) can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tz1w3e1zvbz9dbp/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.5.rar/file

You have to install R 3.6.3 or less. The R 4 (cured language) is not compatible with the app.

Also those .R files are script. You have to start the R software then click file, open a script then navigate toward the script to open it.

But really I recommend you to follow step by step the tutorial pdf and/or the video or you will go nowhere.

Installing it is not easy. Using it is really easy.

Also in a hour or so I will release a new version that fix a problem with one of the library that has been removed from the r depositary since R 4.

The last version of the stadium server is available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbuqtzlsonc92jx/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.6.rar/file

### List of changes:

v1.6:
- Improved the ability of the App to discriminate text from the taken screenshot
- The Browse function now immediately save the provided path where before closing the app and reopening it was necessary

General:
- The manual (available in the AIO) now provide the link toward the last version of R (v3.6.3) compatible with the tool. R v4 is not compatible
with the tool.
- The manual now provide the updated download link for the stad_source_folder containing all the default game stadium files which are mandatory for the app.
- The gWidgetstcltk library install problem has been fixed.

@papinho81 Thanks, That's where i went wrong. So installed the R 3.6.3, Followed everything else and now i'm at this problem.

I've ran the code, downlaoded all the libraries but it doesn't open the stadium server setup window like it does in your video? Am i missing something?

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.07 - 19.35.17.68.jpg

@papinho81 Thanks, That's where i went wrong. So installed the R 3.6.3, Followed everything else and now i'm at this problem.

I've ran the code, downlaoded all the libraries but it doesn't open the stadium server setup window like it does in your video? Am i missing something?

View attachment 57862

You are getting an error message.

Try to send those lines into the R console:
options(guiToolkit="RGtk2")
library(gWidgets2)

(copy paste then enter)

Then repeat the point II from your screenshot

Report if you are getting an error message.

@papinho81 Yeah that's right - using the latest one.

when i paste that command,I get this message:

Error in library(gWidgetsRGtk2) :
there is no package called ‘gWidgetsRGtk2’

That's what I was suspecting.
Copy paste the following in the R console:

install.packages("gWidgetstcltk",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org"); require(gWidgets2RGtk2)}

Then repeat step II

In the last version of the package, it should be fixed. This package has been removed from the library depositary and it has to be installed from the archive with the above command.

PS: Just in case, in the last version there is a folder called update from 1.5 to 1.6. I strongly recommand you to do the update (a simple copy paste) for a better experience.

Last edited:
That's what I was suspecting.
Copy paste the following in the R console:

install.packages("gWidgetstcltk",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org"); require(gWidgets2RGtk2)}

Then repeat step II

In the last version of the package, it should be fixed. This package has been removed from the library depositary and it has to be installed from the archive with the above command.

PS: Just in case, in the last version there is a folder called update from 1.5 to 1.6. I strongly recommand you to do the update (a simple copy paste) for a better experience.
Ugh, Now i'm getting these messages!

Error in (function (classes, fdef, mtable) :
unable to find an inherited method for function ‘.gbasicdialognoparent’ for signature ‘"guiWidgetsToolkitRGtk2"’
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, :
there is no package called ‘gWidgets2RGtk2’
2: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, :
3: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, :

Ugh, Now i'm getting these messages!

Error in (function (classes, fdef, mtable) :
unable to find an inherited method for function ‘.gbasicdialognoparent’ for signature ‘"guiWidgetsToolkitRGtk2"’
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, :
2: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, :
3: In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, :

I am trying to reinstall it on my machine and I am also getting the error.
Give me a moment

Last edited:
I am trying to reinstall it on my machine and I am also getting the error.
Give me a moment

Ok I could not find a fix yet. Some libraries I used are nowhere to be found now and they would have to be re compiled, meaning it would require more heavy libraries.
The solution I propose is to share my own libraries which have a bit more than what is strictly necessary for the tool:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rcfn838l3uvey26/3.6.zip/file

You will have to extract it, then to put the whole 3.6 folder inside:
Documents\R\win-library

Replace when asked

Close R and restart it.
Navigate to file change directory
Select the App folder
Again click file in R, Open script, select Stadium_Server.R
And continue where your left the install process earlier.

With that you should be good to go!

Last edited:
I'm somewhat confused with the way this seems to be operating. Maybe I didn't install correctly, but the App opens fine.

1. This app seems to load stadiums even when it's not running? When not running, should the game default to original stadiums?
Putting # in front of the line STADIUM_ID=177 loads default stadiums.
2. Pressing the button "$" on my keyboard (UK layout) doesn't do anything, nor does pressing a and s together (I hear no sounds). RevMod was installed when I installed FIP.
3. The only way I can make the stadium load is by using the Options to search for and load a stadium but then every match I start (regardless of teams, I have the same stadium unless I change it via the stadium server app)

I'm only in exhibition, so could that be why?

EDIT: I figured out my issues with the stadium not loading. Apparently I need to be in fullscreen for this to work? Anyway to make this work if playing in a window?

Last edited:
I'm somewhat confused with the way this seems to be operating. Maybe I didn't install correctly, but the App opens fine.

1. This app seems to load stadiums even when it's not running? When not running, should the game default to original stadiums?
Putting # in front of the line STADIUM_ID=177 loads default stadiums.
2. Pressing the button "$" on my keyboard (UK layout) doesn't do anything, nor does pressing a and s together (I hear no sounds). RevMod was installed when I installed FIP.
3. The only way I can make the stadium load is by using the Options to search for and load a stadium but then every match I start (regardless of teams, I have the same stadium unless I change it via the stadium server app)

I'm only in exhibition, so could that be why?

EDIT: I figured out my issues with the stadium not loading. Apparently I need to be in fullscreen for this to work? Anyway to make this work if playing in a window?

Yes you need to be in full screen mode. Also in the last version I made a small mistake. I let a # before the first code line of stadium_server.R script which is supposed to install the required python libraries. Without those libraries the python window responsible for taking the screenshot close immediately after opening. It is in the part 1 of the script.

If the search button loads the stadium you want it means you installed correctly the tool and missing python libraries is the most likely scenario

Regarding the point 3, yes it is normal you get the same stadium if you don't use again the search button or press $ when the server will be working like intended.

When the server says it is running, it is waiting for you to process a screenshot taken by pressing $ (the python windowrsact to this input and take a screenshot). Once the screenshot is taken R loads it to extract the stadium name and the home team name with an ocr process. The names are used to extract the required ids and once extracted the corresponding stadium files are copied to a temp file, then renamed under the 177 I'd to finally be copied to the correct game folders.

The line in cl.ini is used to enforce the use by the game of that particular ID to load stadium model, textures, crowds, ect...

About the window mode I would have to target and redefine the pixel location of the stadium name and the home team ID both for exhibition and cm. Not sure there is a way to standardize from one definition to another like its possible with the full screen mode.

Last edited:
@papinho81 looks like everything is set up and working as it should now 👍. No worries on the fullscreen issue, it takes two seconds to Alt+Enter to make that specific menu fullscreen, to allow loading the stadium. I can always Alt+Enter once it's loaded.

Everything went file in installation but when i choose the team ID writing the team's name this appears:

2: In readLines(file(path_team_db, encoding = "UTF-16LE")) :
cannot open file 'C:/Users/user/Desktop/FT/stadium server/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.7/Stadium Server Package v1.7 AIO/Stadium Server R App/exported_files_DB/teams.txt': No such file or directory

why... I also browsed folder and exe file correctly

Everything went file in installation but when i choose the team ID writing the team's name this appears:

2: In readLines(file(path_team_db, encoding = "UTF-16LE")) :
cannot open file 'C:/Users/user/Desktop/FT/stadium server/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.7/Stadium Server Package v1.7 AIO/Stadium Server R App/exported_files_DB/teams.txt': No such file or directory

why... I also browsed folder and exe file correctly

Looks like the tool can't find the exported database file. Did you export with db master all the files (double green arrow) to the exported_db folder of the app?

Sorry fot the bore Papinho but when i try to set the stadium typing "$" i hear the first sound of mario bross, but i can't hear the second of end game, maybe is the zip i use wrong?

https://www.4shared.com/zip/1wNz-jU_iq/RZD_Arena-Lokomotiv_Moscow.html

this message compare to me

Error in paste("The stadium textures for the stadium with the id:", stadium_id, :
oggetto "stadium_id" non trovato
Inoltre: Warning messages:
1: closing unused connection 6 (C:/Users/user/Desktop/FT/stadium server/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.7/Stadium Server Package v1.7 AIO/Stadium Server R App/exported_files_DB/stadiums.txt)
2: closing unused connection 5 (C:/Users/user/Desktop/FT/stadium server/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.7/Stadium Server Package v1.7 AIO/Stadium Server R App/exported_files_DB/teams.txt)
3: closing unused connection 4 (C:/Users/user/Desktop/FT/stadium server/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.7/Stadium Server Package v1.7 AIO/Stadium Server R App/exported_files_DB/teamstadiumlinks.txt)
4: closing unused connection 3 (C:/Users/user/Desktop/FT/stadium server/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.7/Stadium Server Package v1.7 AIO/Stadium Server R App/exported_files_DB/stadiumassignments.txt)
5: In for (i in seq_along(snames)) { :
closing unused connection 3 (C:/Users/user/Desktop/FT/stadium server/Stadium_Server_Package_Pap_v1.7/Stadium Server Package v1.7 AIO/Stadium Server R App/exported_files_DB/stadiums.txt)
6: In max(score_home_cm) : no non-missing arguments to max; returning -Inf

I am on my phone so I can't check your files but if there is at least one texture file, it should be fine.
Did it happen only with this stadium?
Are you in full screen mode when you are pressing $ at the kickoff?
Does it work when you use the Search function at the bottom of the app?

I am on my phone so I can't check your files but if there is at least one texture file, it should be fine.
Did it happen only with this stadium?
Are you in full screen mode when you are pressing $ at the kickoff?
Does it work when you use the Search function at the bottom of the app?

If there is at least one texture file, it should be fine. - yes there is

Did it happen only with this stadium? - at moment i haven't tried yet (edit: i tried with another one and same result)

Are you in full screen mode when you are pressing $ at the kickoff? - of course

Does it work when you use the Search function at the bottom of the app? - didn't know what exactly you mean but this is what happen when i use the search function

Immagine.jpg

Last edited:
What happens when you click ok. Do you hear a long Mario sound or do you get an error?

No sound hearded. But i did it without game started, isn't right?

this is the line that appears:

7: In dir.create("Temp") : 'Temp' already exists

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom