Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS2 & XB)

T

The Original Spikester

Thinking about purchasing this - has anyone got it and if so, is it worth the wedge?

Only review I've seen is C & VG's for the X-box - they gave it a solid 9 - anyone have any thoughts???

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Star Wars Battlefields 2 (PS2)

Got it for the XB on Sunday, hope to try it out tonight, so will be able to tell you abit about it later then.

Re: Star Wars Battlefields 2 (PS2)

Bottom line: If you have even a mild interest in Star Wars (like me) then it's an essential purchase.

The first time I played it, I selected one of the new space battles. You can walk around inside your ship, use the turrets, then run to your hanger, get in an Xwing, shoot down some Tie fighters, then land your Xwing in a Star Destroyer's hangar, fight your way on foot through to the engine room and blow it up from the inside. Special.

I'd honestly say the only 'essential' games recently have been PES5 and Resident Evil 4, but for me this definitely deserves to added to the list.

Havent been on Live much with it yet, but the Singleplayer is much better this year, having the the Clone Wars as such to fight thru between EpII and EpIII is great so far, not just capturing command posts this time. The Galactic Conquest side seems tough as always.

The Space battles are very ropey tho, and seem to cause me the most grief and deaths :( which is not so good, it's nowhere near the Rogue Squadron side of things, but it appears you can skip them. Ships seem very twingy handling, maybe it can be adjusting for senstivity though.

So far I love it. I will be looking out for Modern Combat 2 as well though, GamesTM said it was as good as Halo 2 :shock:

Went and had a punt on it.

Pretty good game on the whole, space battles are nurgh, they are a decent idea just not well executed, they're reasonable fun, once you have them sussed they're pretty good for cheap galatic conquest victories.

Good fun overall, what's the take up online for the ps2?

Love it. Space battles like every has said are crappy until you are actually pretty decent at flying (might be owrht spending some time in the training section). Depth of the game is great and you can happily waste 5 hours in a row on it.

Back
Top Bottom