Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith (includes Spoilers)

Off to see it tonight, I am now mildly excited

7 and a half hours to go til I see it and I can feel the excitement growing. Its like I am regressing back to my childhood.

Cant wait

CWright said:
7 and a half hours to go til I see it and I can feel the excitement growing. Its like I am regressing back to my childhood.

Cant wait

haha I know what you mean fella, this is a major event for me, the final part to a series that i 1st watched as wee bairn.....

Zygalski said:
It's pretty good. Fairly predictable.

Well I never saw that ending coming ;)

Loved every minute of it, Yoda once again kicks ass

Just finished seeing it!! GMT 02.30

All the gang thought it was as good as ESB.

Ewan and Hayden very hammy.

Yoda is F***ing excellent.

Spoiled by the Frankenstein moment!?!?!? Very, Very Bad!!!!!!!!

See it at the biggest screen cinema you can, you will not be disapointed.

An enjoyable romp as the Sun would probably say. Great cheese in places too.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I thought it was quality, some slow parts but they needed to be included to fill in some gaps.

Light saber fights were awesome and the comedy parts were classic GL.

cant wait to see it again.

Liked it. It was the best of the last three IMO. Since thread warned about spoilers, here's what I thought sucked:

1. Vader being one of the greatest villians in cinema history, couldn't they have spent more time on his going from a charred torso to the Vader get-up. That part was cool but it seemed rushed. It was like "bring in torso - put mask/helmet on - rise - end" (essentially).

Vader creation gets a few minutes of screen time, yet Lucas devoted nearly a whole movie to Jar-Jar Binks or whatever his name was. How can Lucas live with himself?

2. Would a Jedi Master really have left Anakin (ala charred torso) on the banks of that lava stream without finishing him off for good with a saber thrust? He must have sensed the great evil eminating from that torso.

In the end -- artistically -- the last three films sucked balls taken as a whole. The best (essential) parts should have been edited into one film that set up the masterful, original trilogy, which changed cinema history rather than served to sell additional merchandise.

No way could Obi Wan have killed a defence-less Vader. 1 Its not the Jedi way and number 2 it was painful enough for Obi to see his "brother" lying there in the first place.

I think people will realise that GL knew ep 1 -3 werent going to be 'that' good, otherwise he would have made them before the others in the first place!

I agree about the Vader transformation bit, but it wasnt frankenstien, it was star wars at the end of the day, and the film was about how Anakin turned into Vader emotionally, not really physically, imo.

loz said:
No way could Obi Wan have killed a defence-less Vader. 1 Its not the Jedi way and number 2 it was painful enough for Obi to see his "brother" lying there in the first place.

I think people will realise that GL knew ep 1 -3 werent going to be 'that' good, otherwise he would have made them before the others in the first place!

I agree about the Vader transformation bit, but it wasnt frankenstien, it was star wars at the end of the day, and the film was about how Anakin turned into Vader emotionally, not really physically, imo.

1. Good points, I guess. But striking down Vader as he burned could have nicely illustrated that all in the universe is not Black and White -- ridding the universe of Vader (and the potential triumph of evil, not to mention the death of zillions to come) might have been more important than the Jedi way, at least at that single moment. Great moral shade of gray for discussion, there.

Of course, point is moot because killing Vader would have cancelled out episodes IV-VI!

2. If GL knew 1-3 wouldn't be that good, as you say, why make them? No need to explain every single detail in the saga. The original trilogy was self-contained, telling all that neede to be known.

My guess is that he thought he could surpass the original trilogy (if only because technological/filmmaking advances would allow him to tell better, more compelling stories in this universe). He failed.

3. You're right. The story is about the emotional transformation of Vader. But the physical transformation -- half machine man, or, when machine rules the heart/state, etc, -- is a manifestation of the emotional condition.

There was a lot that could be done showing the emotional/physical transformation of Vader in its totality. My guess is that this would have been too dark, too disturbing for a nice safe hollywood pic.

Siroco said:
1. Good points, I guess. But striking down Vader as he burned could have nicely illustrated that all in the universe is not Black and White -- ridding the universe of Vader (and the potential triumph of evil, not to mention the death of zillions to come) might have been more important than the Jedi way, at least at that single moment. Great moral shade of gray for discussion, there.
I think it's safe to assume that Kenobi couldn't have known that Vader would be saved and go on to do all that he did. In that situation just about all of us would have left him for dead in that state (and where he was). And since we all know what went on to happen, all of us including Kenobi wouldn't make the same mistake and would finish him off if the chance came around again. Hindsight is great ;)

Maybe he didn't want to be there to watch him die.

People really do bitch alot!

GL failed in surpassing the original trilogy but so what its done and concluded!

All great things must come to an end!

Scholes18 said:
If he had killed Vader while he was burning etc.. how would you explain his appearence in the original trilogy ;)

O such originality!!!! :roll:

People are just passionate about the Star Wars series and want it to be consistent. . Is that too much to ask for? i mean, lets just get the BBC to replay Dallas over and over if not . . .

I thought it was a great film yo finsh of the set! just what do some people want from these films?

Well this was my favourite story of all the starwars. the rise and fall of the greatest Jedi worrier ever, brilliant. i thought it was all going good until the part were obi sliced up darth. i thought he was gunna do some sick move to take off his legs but that was just an easy way out for GL. then the rest of the film was very rushed. espessially the birth of Luke and Laya. and of course the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!. i think GL could have easly added another 30mins to the film to get the time needed not to rush the ending to much. but as a story, i will put this as my no1 and ESB as a close 2.

**********************Spoiler*********************************************
fav bit was when darth went into the Jedi HQ and stood over the younglings, very dark and was were the twisted Mofo really came out to play, great!

The saga is complete.I think ROTS really did justice to the original trilogy albeit some loopholes.I felt empty at the end.There goes one of my favourite films of all time,its done.Come to think of it,Star Wars is actually about the life and times of one person only and that is Anakin Skywalker.I adore Darth Vader more than ever now,he is indeed a victim of the Sith but still the strongest jedi ever.

anakin wasn’t a jedI long enough to be called the greatest of all the greatest sith sure but yoda would have taken him out big time . Well at that point anyway. Also Obi Wan finally showed what a great jedI he was by taking vader out well he thought he did

all in all i loved it ever minute of it even the nooooooooo i think the first 2 were all about when the jedi had control and there was peace which made them a bit boring. but i am sad its all over hope the tv series is good

The script was terrible, the acting was atrocious and, come on, the SFX was a bit rushed. Lucas really should have given the responsibility to someone younger and more talented. It was sometimes painful to watch and half of the time I was cracking up.

However, and somewhat unbelieveably, I really really liked it! :eh:

The plot was fantastic and it saved the film (and arguably the whole series) even if it did have a few loopholes. For the terrible director Lucas is, he makes up for it for being a fantastic storyteller.

Next time George, don't give up your day job, leave it to the professionals. :D

Last edited:
thought the NOOOOOOO part could have been done better... i'm thinking if he kept the nooooooo and have it fade as opposed to just cutting it short; and while it's fading away the music would go on and they would show the birth of leah and luke...

another thing i felt could've been better was the birth of the twins... she rushed the names way too quickly, but what can you do.

what a great film... absolutely awesome. i'm not going to lie, this is the first ever Star Wars movie i have seen, and i felt absolutely great that this was my first time. well done

lastly... OH MY GOD I LOVE NATALIE PORTMAN! she's got it going on!!! bloody, what was anakin thinking killing her?!

"I'm afraid in your anger, you killed her"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

tough to watch, that ;)

-fb

huh? bald?! don't play with my emotions like that son, she ain't bald!

-fb

my.php

Back
Top Bottom