Star Wars (all new films / shows)

one thing bugged me ..really :D and could have been delivered differently. how come an ancient order like the Jedi become myth in appr. 40 yrs?
im sure floppy disks arent myth in our universe, not even for the biggest idiots

one thing bugged me ..really :D and could have been delivered differently. how come an ancient order like the Jedi become myth in appr. 40 yrs?
im sure floppy disks arent myth in our universe, not even for the biggest idiots
Isn't it because of the huge distances between all the inhabitants of the universe (therefore nobody really sees them or their feats in the flesh)? If you'd never seen a Jedi but heard about something they'd done on the radio, akin to someone performing miracles, I imagine you wouldn't really believe it...

That's what I assumed, anyway!

but the Jedi order was such a common thing in the prequels on all the planets, everyone knew what the Jedi is. and okay, we could say the same thing about Han, so also Han Solo didnt know anything about this in ep 4 BUT because he didnt even care much but himself. they totally sold that to me. but as for Rey...she is like a big fan of the force, the Jedi, Skywalker and heard lots of stuff eveon on Jakku about these it seems. i dunno, it felt weird, i cant imagine what she heard and how these rumors went down, they could show us an example at least how she believes these are just a myth... especially with Max Von Sidow's character who talks about the force with confidence on Jakku aswell. dunno

Last edited:
but the Jedi order was such a common thing in the prequels on all the planets, everyone knew what the Jedi is. and okay, we could say the same thing about Han, so also Han Solo didnt know anything about this in ep 4 BUT because he didnt even care much but himself. they totally sold that to me. but as for Rey...she is like a big fan of the force, the Jedi, Skywalker and heard lots of stuff eveon on Jakku about these it seems. i dunno, it felt weird, i cant imagine what she heard and how these rumors went down, they could show us an example at least how she believes these are just a myth... especially with Max Von Sidow's character who talks about the force with confidence on Jakku aswell. dunno
I see your point - it's been a while since I watched the other films so I can't really remember, but I always agreed with the idea that the film is essentially the Bible in space (a child is born with supreme power to save us all from evil etc.), so I assumed the point with this "the Jedis are a myth" idea was that there's lots of non-believers and very little evidence in the universe other than talk of miracles on the radio ("I made some toast and you could clearly see the face of Luke Skywalker on it", "my space-dog barked the words 'Jedis love you'", etc.)...

But thinking about it, when there's a Jedi council and they conduct Jedi training etc., you're right, it doesn't fit does it...

Sorry to revive this thread but there is not Star Wars episode VIII specific thread. These days in a cableTV channel in Greece there is a Star Wars tribute channel which for two weeks it will show only Star Wars related content. Documentaries and all the "original" movie trilogies from episode I to episode VII force awakens. I can not resist to not watch them every day. I rawatcehd all movies from 2-3 times!!!

I would like to ask other SW fans, Were you also annoyed from the new concepts introduced in SW Last Jedi. My main concerns were 1) The FODDER treatment of leader Snoke, not giving him some backsotry or building up his background.. Also his daeth was so obvious and so copy-paste from daeth of Darth Sidious in episode VI. 2) The unfocus of the Jendi-Sith darkside/light conflict and the new focus on the personas. Now the only notable force user heroes we are left is Kylo Ren and @$$pull Rey!!! :( Even Luke Skywalker was killed for no reason.
These are only few of my thougts after last December when i saw the movie on Cinema. It was so rushed it left me a bad test, something unbelievable for a Star Wars film, for me at least. It nearly killed the hyope for me fro episode IX. I dont know what to expect in next episode. There is almsot nothing left to hope. I predict that Kylo Ren will redeemed somehow and together with Rey will defeat the First Order, which if happens seems so shallow. :(

With regards from a Star Wars big lover! :)

I gave up on films soon after Lucas sold it. Seen only the first one because I got it from a friend and it was kinda ok.
So I waited for reviews and did not watch any other after it. When i heard they killed Luke :SHOCK::CALM::R1 that was the end of star wars for me.

i'll just go full spoilers since it's already been done above,

I am not so much annoyed with Luke being gone (although an Obi Wan type return is no doubt on the cards) but that thing about him projecting himself across the universe was a bit, well, pointless, would have been much cooler to have him actually be there, they would have had to cut the whole scene where every walker is firing at him, but it wouldn't have been a big loss. i would have ended Last Jedi when they meet on the ground and draw their lightsabers. It would have made more sense too, why would Kylo Emo-Ren just want his minions to shoot him dead? The character would surely rather like to kill him personally.

What most annoys me about TLJ is all the dead people in it. There is literal mass genocide going on in this movie and the 12 people or so left of the good guys in the end are like "well, we have hope".

Last edited:
Yes it showed him off as a cool character (remember Kylo stopping the laser blast FA?) and he could be easily doing that by that.

The Last Jedi is an utter mess. What most annoying is that it screwed up the 9th movie as well for JJ..however you could forgive that if they'd venture off in totaly different ways...like Kylo and Rey teaming up maybe? But no we got back to the same old, same old without all the mistery who Rey might be and who might be that big alien(forgot his name).

Now we have the young inexperienced always good jedi from the sand planet vs the angry sith dressed in black. And with all the old characters dead basically.

Probably we will have a sphare shaped superweapon of some sort as well!

Sorry to revive this thread but there is not Star Wars episode VIII specific thread. These days in a cableTV channel in Greece there is a Star Wars tribute channel which for two weeks it will show only Star Wars related content. Documentaries and all the "original" movie trilogies from episode I to episode VII force awakens. I can not resist to not watch them every day. I rawatcehd all movies from 2-3 times!!!

I would like to ask other SW fans, Were you also annoyed from the new concepts introduced in SW Last Jedi. My main concerns were 1) The FODDER treatment of leader Snoke, not giving him some backsotry or building up his background.. Also his daeth was so obvious and so copy-paste from daeth of Darth Sidious in episode VI. 2) The unfocus of the Jendi-Sith darkside/light conflict and the new focus on the personas. Now the only notable force user heroes we are left is Kylo Ren and @$$pull Rey!!! :( Even Luke Skywalker was killed for no reason.
These are only few of my thougts after last December when i saw the movie on Cinema. It was so rushed it left me a bad test, something unbelievable for a Star Wars film, for me at least. It nearly killed the hyope for me fro episode IX. I dont know what to expect in next episode. There is almsot nothing left to hope. I predict that Kylo Ren will redeemed somehow and together with Rey will defeat the First Order, which if happens seems so shallow. :(

With regards from a Star Wars big lover! :)

First of all, thx for directing me to here.

Yes, I was annoyed.
I´ve seen Force Awakens and I found it okay. Back then.
But the more I thought of it and watched it again, I found it shittier.
I´m only talking about the story, not visuals and stuff.
I love the X-Wing - Tie Fighter dogfights for example.

The issues I have with the movie is the first order and Snoke.
How did the first order get founded, how did it happen?
Well yeah, you can read it at the beginning, but that´s not enough to me.
And then Snoke. Who is he? Where did he come from?
It´s like "give those fans an ugly looking bad guy". You can´t throw a character into Star Wars just like that at least not someone that important.
Then Kylo Ren. When he took his mask off, I was laughing. What kind of mama-boy-milk-face is that and what the heck does he need a mask for? And why the hell did he have to be Solo´s son??
The bad guys totally failed in my opinion...no deep story behind the first order, absolutely nothing about Snoke and the story behind Kylo Ren...ridiculous, just as the character himself.

Rey was an interesting character. But why the hell was she so skilled already when Luke had to be trained an entire movie?
The story about Finn was good. Nothing so overwhelming, but I liked how he his conscience came in. Could have been told deeper.
I actually liked that Harrison Ford came back, but found it ridiculous to let him be killed by his son for no reason.

Episode 8:
I was sitting in my chair, shaking my head so many times. I mean, WTF??
I don´t really remember but I think I have been disliking it after the first 10 minutes or so.
I can´t name it all, but there are so many unnecessary little things in the movie, making me think that the director wanted to destroy that franchise on purpose.
The storyline....utter crap! Specially that spaceship chase and the trip to that Monte Carlo planet.

I was hoping that we might get to know who Rey actually is, but well no, we didn´t.
Same for Snoke - which would have been too late anyway.

The soooooo long part trying to convince Luke coming back who´s so stubborn.....I was like "Maaaan....do it already!"
Then to show how he gets that disgusting looking cheesy milk...from that alien cow...what the hell???

Then the way he died! Come on man! This is Luke Skywalker! It´s THE caracter of Star Wars! THE jedi knight!
You can´t let Luke Skywalker die like this! There had to be a big fight and no hologram stuff.

I don´t wanna start about Episode 1 - 3.
I didn´t like them either.
But 7 and 8 destroyed the franchise imho. Specially 8! I don´t even care what´s going on in Number 9, at all.
I´m, done with it.
I loved Rogue One...Solo was...meh.

But that made me think...well maybe it should have just ended with Episode 6. The Emperor is dead, Anakin is, peace to the galaxy.
If there need to be movies, just concentrate on spin offs. Would have been good too!

Or...
do it like Star Wars Battlefront part 2.
Has anyone played the single player campaign?
THAT´s how you keep going on with the story after Episode 6!
At the beginning you play on Endor as an imperial soldier at the moment where the rebels fly out of the death star.
Everyone looks up in the sky, when it explodes...and everybody goes "What happened??? The emperor is dead! What are we gonna do?? Keep fighting!"
I mean, that´s "just a game" but the feeling was good, the atmosphere was.
And the rest of the imperials got together without the emperor.

That would have been a good start and there might be tons of possibilities that suit.

But that those two movies...I´m done.
I grew up with it...bought IV, V, VI on VHS, DVD, again on DVD (Special Edition) and Blue Ray.
I´ll stick to them and Rogue One.
The rest is not my Star Wars anymore.

First of all, thx for directing me to here.

Yes, I was annoyed.
I´ve seen Force Awakens and I found it okay. Back then.
But the more I thought of it and watched it again, I found it shittier.
I´m only talking about the story, not visuals and stuff.
I love the X-Wing - Tie Fighter dogfights for example.

The issues I have with the movie is the first order and Snoke.
How did the first order get founded, how did it happen?
Well yeah, you can read it at the beginning, but that´s not enough to me.
And then Snoke. Who is he? Where did he come from?
It´s like "give those fans an ugly looking bad guy". You can´t throw a character into Star Wars just like that at least not someone that important.
Then Kylo Ren. When he took his mask off, I was laughing. What kind of mama-boy-milk-face is that and what the heck does he need a mask for? And why the hell did he have to be Solo´s son??
The bad guys totally failed in my opinion...no deep story behind the first order, absolutely nothing about Snoke and the story behind Kylo Ren...ridiculous, just as the character himself.

Rey was an interesting character. But why the hell was she so skilled already when Luke had to be trained an entire movie?
The story about Finn was good. Nothing so overwhelming, but I liked how he his conscience came in. Could have been told deeper.
I actually liked that Harrison Ford came back, but found it ridiculous to let him be killed by his son for no reason.

Episode 8:
I was sitting in my chair, shaking my head so many times. I mean, WTF??
I don´t really remember but I think I have been disliking it after the first 10 minutes or so.
I can´t name it all, but there are so many unnecessary little things in the movie, making me think that the director wanted to destroy that franchise on purpose.
The storyline....utter crap! Specially that spaceship chase and the trip to that Monte Carlo planet.

I was hoping that we might get to know who Rey actually is, but well no, we didn´t.
Same for Snoke - which would have been too late anyway.

The soooooo long part trying to convince Luke coming back who´s so stubborn.....I was like "Maaaan....do it already!"
Then to show how he gets that disgusting looking cheesy milk...from that alien cow...what the hell???

Then the way he died! Come on man! This is Luke Skywalker! It´s THE caracter of Star Wars! THE jedi knight!
You can´t let Luke Skywalker die like this! There had to be a big fight and no hologram stuff.

I don´t wanna start about Episode 1 - 3.
I didn´t like them either.
But 7 and 8 destroyed the franchise imho. Specially 8! I don´t even care what´s going on in Number 9, at all.
I´m, done with it.
I loved Rogue One...Solo was...meh.

But that made me think...well maybe it should have just ended with Episode 6. The Emperor is dead, Anakin is, peace to the galaxy.
If there need to be movies, just concentrate on spin offs. Would have been good too!

Or...
do it like Star Wars Battlefront part 2.
Has anyone played the single player campaign?
THAT´s how you keep going on with the story after Episode 6!
At the beginning you play on Endor as an imperial soldier at the moment where the rebels fly out of the death star.
Everyone looks up in the sky, when it explodes...and everybody goes "What happened??? The emperor is dead! What are we gonna do?? Keep fighting!"
I mean, that´s "just a game" but the feeling was good, the atmosphere was.
And the rest of the imperials got together without the emperor.

That would have been a good start and there might be tons of possibilities that suit.

But that those two movies...I´m done.
I grew up with it...bought IV, V, VI on VHS, DVD, again on DVD (Special Edition) and Blue Ray.
I´ll stick to them and Rogue One.
The rest is not my Star Wars anymore.
My #1 disappointment was the no Snoke backstory. He came out of nowhere, rised to power like an asspull and got killed by his apprentice ( it was so fakin obvious ). Even the Star Wars fandom wikia doesn't give any decent backstory unfortunately. After i left the cinema and for the next weeks, i strongly hoped that he didn't actually die in episode VIII and will be back in episode IX, just to have a proper background set up. Wtf he is? How he became so strong force user? How he went under Sidious nose tge previous time? Why the first order follows him? Etc, etc. I mean the previous villain (Sidious) had a very devent setup to power. Manifesting a chain of political manipulations to become a senator, after scheming to become chancellor, supreme chancellor and then Emperor. He had the perfect plan but took him decades of patience to gather all the puzzle pieces of his plan. Snoke as he was developed, just came from the window and left ftom the WC.

But after i rewatched the VIII, 2 or 3 times on TV, i concluded that the complete plot leads to dead end. Let them show whatever they like and finsh this triligy so we may better have a better focused saga in the future. Or at least decent spin-offs. As for episode 9, i can't see it doung any worse then the VII and VIII episodes.

My #1 disappointment was the no Snoke backstory. He came out of nowhere, rised to power like an asspull and got killed by his apprentice ( it was so fakin obvious ). Even the Star Wars fandom wikia doesn't give any decent backstory unfortunately. After i left the cinema and for the next weeks, i strongly hoped that he didn't actually die in episode VIII and will be back in episode IX, just to have a proper background set up. Wtf he is? How he became so strong force user? How he went under Sidious nose tge previous time? Why the first order follows him? Etc, etc. I mean the previous villain (Sidious) had a very devent setup to power. Manifesting a chain of political manipulations to become a senator, after scheming to become chancellor, supreme chancellor and then Emperor. He had the perfect plan but took him decades of patience to gather all the puzzle pieces of his plan. Snoke as he was developed, just came from the window and left ftom the WC.

But after i rewatched the VIII, 2 or 3 times on TV, i concluded that the complete plot leads to dead end. Let them show whatever they like and finsh this triligy so we may better have a better focused saga in the future. Or at least decent spin-offs. As for episode 9, i can't see it doung any worse then the VII and VIII episodes.

Totally agreed.
You can´t throw in the first number one villain with no story behind him, when you have the story of Palpatine and Vader.
That was so damn sloppy, like "we need an ugly looking bad guy" "but who? Who could set up all this?" "Fuck it! Just put him in there, no need to tell".

That´s so lame.

Guys have you seen the second trailer? It seems after episode VIII disappointment, they are throwing mass-nostalgia bombs. According to the trailer it will be again a Star-Killer/Death Star similar weapon. Also what's up with the scene where Rey hold a red double lightsaber?

I really got motivated a little bit. Who Skywalker will rise? Anakin? Luke? A new one?No one? Also i am hyped, cause it cannot be worse than "The Last Jedi"..

The story of what is happening in the movie has pretty much been leaked online, and the recent trailer confirms most of the leaks.

I just can't get excited for Star Wars films anymore..
The Last Jedi was not just the worst Star Wars film, it is one of the worst/most stupid films I have ever seen.
I don't care for any of the characters, Ren is just a spoilt brat, Rey is just annoying.
Finn, really don't care about him - but this is more to do with his 45 minute ridiculous plot about animal cruelty chucked in the middle of the last jedi which just wasn't needed.

Obviously due to my age the original trilogy was all amazing, then the prequels which were not very good.
Phantom had some good bits and the last 20-30 minutes were very good and Revenge of the Sith wasn't that bad, just really bad script writing and acting throughout.

Like a lot of movie franchises there are now more bad Star Wars movies than there are good.

Also what's up with the scene where Rey hold a red double lightsaber?

This has been accidentally leaked online.

This happens during a *VISION* - Although doesn't state whose vision it is.
So I would assume it will be a scene similar to Empire, where Luke saw himself as a Vadar.

This has been accidentally leaked online.

This happens during a *VISION* - Although doesn't state whose vision it is.
So I would assume it will be a scene similar to Empire, where Luke saw himself as a Vadar.
If the leaks come true, and while i agree with your previous post, i see a teaser-trailer being more powerful than the actual movie plot then. And i really hate too much trailers, that are better than the movies!

Personally I am just hoping the plot leaks are not correct, as if they are correct then I am just not excited about the movie and expect it will be as bad as Last Jedi.

Personally I am just hoping the plot leaks are not correct, as if they are correct then I am just not excited about the movie and expect it will be as bad as Last Jedi.
For a good plot at all i am not sure, as i thought from episode VII, that the whole "Skywalker-centered" story was too OverUsed until today, it has got very tired.
My 2 main fears from back then were:

1) Snoke and the First Order staff being a complete (asspull) without any real backstory. (which came true)

2) Trying to retcon Darth Vader's story, they seemed to try to get around this, since the "Helmet scene" of episode 7, where Kylo Ren who is a bad guy, admires his granpa's story, like ignoring completely his return to the Light Side in the end of Episode VI. Also without any Anakin or Obiwan force projection ghost, my fear was still around.

I am pretty sure that they made dark side Rey only so they could have that shot in the trailer. I don't blame them, that shit looks siiiiick

I really wonder, why they reject the expanded universe side stories so easily, or they just copy the more safe choices, creating these poor results. For example the video games series KOTOR (Knights Of The Old Republic) had very interesting Star Wars stories, could produce for sure much more variable results. Or some comics/books/novels. There are so many interesting Star Wars stories and they keep recycling the same staff. Even the plot from the Force Awakens, was a copy-paste of a draft, i read back in 2005, with the difference that the old draft was more interesting and dynamic. Its main set-up was years after the "Return of The Jedi" and the main heroes were Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker and some other i do not remember right now. It had the star wars cliche , like a good Jedi turning on the dark side, but with more depth etc.

But except for all these, the Star Wars Galaxy, has so deep history, thousands of years before the main time line of the Original Triolgy. Why we must always focus on similar timeline events and protagonists!!?

The story of what is happening in the movie has pretty much been leaked online, and the recent trailer confirms most of the leaks.

I just can't get excited for Star Wars films anymore..
The Last Jedi was not just the worst Star Wars film, it is one of the worst/most stupid films I have ever seen.
I don't care for any of the characters, Ren is just a spoilt brat, Rey is just annoying.
Finn, really don't care about him - but this is more to do with his 45 minute ridiculous plot about animal cruelty chucked in the middle of the last jedi which just wasn't needed.

Obviously due to my age the original trilogy was all amazing, then the prequels which were not very good.
Phantom had some good bits and the last 20-30 minutes were very good and Revenge of the Sith wasn't that bad, just really bad script writing and acting throughout.

Like a lot of movie franchises there are now more bad Star Wars movies than there are good.

Couldn´t agree more!

I really wonder, why they reject the expanded universe side stories so easily, or they just copy the more safe choices, creating these poor results. For example the video games series KOTOR (Knights Of The Old Republic) had very interesting Star Wars stories, could produce for sure much more variable results. Or some comics/books/novels. There are so many interesting Star Wars stories and they keep recycling the same staff. Even the plot from the Force Awakens, was a copy-paste of a draft, i read back in 2005, with the difference that the old draft was more interesting and dynamic. Its main set-up was years after the "Return of The Jedi" and the main heroes were Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker and some other i do not remember right now. It had the star wars cliche , like a good Jedi turning on the dark side, but with more depth etc.

But except for all these, the Star Wars Galaxy, has so deep history, thousands of years before the main time line of the Original Triolgy. Why we must always focus on similar timeline events and protagonists!!?

I have never played KOTOR, but almost all the other Star Wars games actually provide very good side stories.
Be it the Jedi Academy, the student in Force Unleashed...the campaign in Battlefront 2 etc.

After The Last Jedi, Star Wars is done to me.
I´ll be watching 4 - 6 and Rogue One, nothing else.
Unless someone manages it, to bring a good spin off.
But the after the desaster with episode 8 (and actually 7 either), episode 9 can´t rescue all that no more.

I´ve only seen that one trailer, where Rey jumps over the tie fighter.
I´m not interested in seeing anything else, let alone the whole movie.

But I guess, I can´t really avoid it :P

I just watched Rogue One for the third time. What a great movie that is. I think they should rethink Indiana Jones and have his daughter take over from him (forget Mutt, Indy probably has children all over the place). Her name would be...
FELICITY JONES
Felicity_Jones_as_Jyn_Erso_(2016).jpg

Back
Top Bottom