Step over with the converter??

K

Ki99

I was delighted to find out that I was able to swap R1 and R2 over and play PES5 the way it should be (on a ps2 pad). However, in the 10 games I had yesterday I could not do any step overs with R2.

I had consumed 7 cans of fosters export by this time so not sure if I was just being a drunk idiot.... can anyone confirm its possible??

Also... I was finding it extremely hard to get a game for a while yesterday...if anyone can be bothered to add me please do Gamertag : fellovertoday

You could always swap R1 and R2, it`s the change man thats the problem.
L1 and L2 won`t swap so you have to use L2 to change man.

It`s not too hard to get used to, adn now I even swap the buttons on PC to L2 change man as I`m so used to it.

you cant swap the black button, only to white.

i tried to set it up b4 for ps2 convertor, but the black button on xbox config can only be changed to white button. this messes up the set up for ps2 pad.

Just play for a few hours with L2 as change man!
At first you`ll keep pressing L1 all the time, then you`ll gradually get used to it and only press L1 in the heat of the moment for chip shots etc.
After a good 3-4 hours playing you`ll be comfortable.

I`m a hardcore PES player, been playing since WE/ISS on SNES, and have always used a PS pad since it progressed, so if I can change my habits so can anyone!

Good luck!

yeah I use L2 and I'm sure I will get used to it...

my original question was can you don step overs with R2 on the ps2 pad when R1 and R2 are swapped over, because I cant??

try playing it on the xbox pad, once you get used to it you relise how shite the ps2 pad really is!

Why do you want to swap over R1 and R2?
The only thing thats "wrong" so to speak when using a ps2 pad on an xbox is that you can`t swap L1 and L2.

If you set it up correctly in the button config, it works exactly the same as on a ps2.

Sorry if I have misunderstood your question.

Footyfan: Because XBox pads are utter shit for PES, how are you meant to use black/white to run off the ball etc, they are in such a bad position that you have to deform your hand to even try it.

mine too, going back to a ps2 pad for an xbox pad you relise how poor and dated the ps2 pads really are, i find it easy to use the black and white buttons, there not idealy placed admitidly but overall playing pes on an xbox pad is far superior to the ps2 pad.

Found that out when i played the demo on the pc on a ps2 pad.

This argument has been had a lot, and I guess it`s all down to the individual.

Personally I use the XBox pad for every other game apart from PES, I don`t like the shape of the Xbox pad (or S-Pad) and it just doens`t feel right.
It`s much easier (and natural) for me to only have to alter L1/L2 than it is to try and reach the black/white buttons, which:

1. Aches, because my fingers aren`t used to using the buttons in those position so often.
2. Is unnatural - I`m used to a PS/PS2 pad for PES.
3. Doesn`t feel right - its much harder to press the black/white buttons whilst still controlling all the other buttons.

These are my opinions and how it affects me, but overall as i say I guess its down to the individual.

I also read somewhere that people were barred from entering an organised XBox PES tournament because they turned up with PS pads and adapters.
I think this is stupid, fair enough its an XBox game, but what the hell does it matter what pad you use as long it allows you to play the best you can.

For all the XBox pad fanboys, if the XBox pad is so superior, why are you all so bothered about us PS pad users, surely it`ll make it easier for you to beat us :)

footyfan said:
mine too, going back to a ps2 pad for an xbox pad you relise how poor and dated the ps2 pads really are, i find it easy to use the black and white buttons, there not idealy placed admitidly but overall playing pes on an xbox pad is far superior to the ps2 pad.

Found that out when i played the demo on the pc on a ps2 pad.

Thats the best joke i heard this year, while i agree that playing FPS and racing games with the Xbox pad is an enjoyable experience. Playing PES on the Xbox pad RATHER than the PS2 pad is just laughable yeah peeps can get used to it and put up with it but it just dosn't feel right. I know i have both machines so don't call me a fanboy...

If you had BIG hands, surely you'd be fine.

And why do you want to do stepovers??

If you can master the Franz Klammer slalom dribble you will find it much more effective.

By the way, I have added you to my friends list, hope to have a game sometime.

XXX

Back
Top Bottom