Strange delay when using PS2 pad on PC - please help ruining game

oreoboy13

Non-League
29 October 2002
I have searched as many posts as a i could and found mainly mapping problems.

All the keys are mapped fine, my problem is this:

Shooting is a nightmare, i press shoot nothing happens, so i do it again and it is way too hard!!

Sometimes passes dont happen.

I tried to find a pattern, and it seems to be when i press the button for a very small amount of time, it is like there is a delay, or lag.

Just to sure that this is not me being crap at the game, i am fine on all the other versions on the Xbox games i am ranked pretty highly on-line so i am convinced there is a delay with my controller.

PLEASE HELP - it is completely ruining the game for me.

always was a delay on PES games using a PS2 adapter, which led me to believe that the pes on pc was crap for a long time, this changed when i got a xbox 360 pad, and fuck me pes on PC is fucking great.

Do yourself a favour ditch the shitty PS2 pad, and geta fuckin mans pad! ;)

A great joypad is the Logitech Rumblepad II (it's just like a PS2 'pad)- it's really sturdy/well built- comfortable, and accurate.

Use any USB2.0 ports you have or uninstall it and use the windows driver for it.Found one of the drivers i got with one from Game lagged.

kdjac

ive got the same problem as you oreoboy13, but i am using a ps1 pad and i havent tried it with a ps2 pad. And when i play matches sometimes at half time or full time (before the highlights are shown) i get a black screen and then i am forced to quit the whole game and start it again. can someone help?

mitzymh said:
ive got the same problem as you oreoboy13, but i am using a ps1 pad and i havent tried it with a ps2 pad. And when i play matches sometimes at half time or full time (before the highlights are shown) i get a black screen and then i am forced to quit the whole game and start it again. can someone help?

I get exactly that and i'm using a PS2 pad

the logitech pads are good, especially the wireless one, but they are a bit heavy.

what about it being your 3d rendering? perhaps you need a proxy software to spoof the render?

I play PES6 with a original PS2 controller with a 3-1 adapter.
and i have no problems with it.

maybe if you have some other gamecontrollers connected to your computer try to set the ps2 controller as default , start > control panel > Printers and other hardware > Game controllers > Advanced and choose your preferred device.

same problem as well.
was first busy fixing the shutter problem and when gone, now i realise there is a kind of delay with my pad (PSII) although NEVER had problem before. haven't had the chace to play much but will for sure post here if I find a "cure"..

I know it would appear pointless, lots of people simply saying 'me too!' in a response to threads such as this but infact I see it as very effective means of seeing how many users it actually effects. I have been experiencing a very similar problem with my dual shock controller and dual psx usb adapter.

There's no lag as such, but sometimes light button presses seem to have no effect. Orignially I thought that it could be something to do with the dual shocks pressure sensitive buttons. I thought that maybe the buttons needed to be depressed at a particular force for the 'press' to be registered by the adapter. As far as I'm aware, the pressure sensitive button feature of the ps2 pad is not accessible using my particular adpater. Therefore, it would need to be calibrated to detect a certain amount of pressure on a button to consider it a 'press'.

This holds water in some respects, in that it mostly occurs when I'm trying to lay off a quick pass or have a quick snap shot, in both cases the button press is a simple tap. I look in bewilderment at my screen on constant occasssions as my striker runs straight into the keeper instead of nailing the ball in the bottom corner.

I was considering buying an Xbox360 controller for windows as I've heard that they are more responsive.

thats exactly correct.

most pad adapters for PC do not model the pressure sensitive buttons of the PS2 pad which means gentle taps won't register at all and then your push it harder and the shots too hard.

i had the same on PES4, so i bough a logitech dual action and it works great plugged straight into the usb port.

i also had an adapter for my xbox so i could use a PS2 pad to play PES5, again i had the same problem, taps on the buttons didn't register, i then found out that the old PS1 dual shock pad didn't have pressure sensitive buttons, so i bought one cheap plugged it in and it worked great.

is it the control or what, Players seem to stop on every pass, not take the ball in their stride,am i seeing things or what. pass stop, pass stop move etc..

Thanks for all the replies, i think the pressure thing makes sense.

So i have some choices:

1) Go and get a cheap PS1 pad
2) Stop playing this dumb ass upgrade - haha

Back
Top Bottom