Streams of Matches!

Sulph

Goodbye...
28 September 2003
CW - Please make this a sticky

Basically this is how it works

Here, like the Football Video thread, i shall post links to streams of your live football matches on request.

Here are some programs i reccomend you have for easy streaming. These are P2P which means they work like Bittorrent - please keep them running and SHARE.

Coolstreaming - http://www.coolstreaming.org/
Intsall It and then to use a channel double click and wait.It will open up WMP(you need WMP 9 or upprr) an play. There are 4 main sports channels AS OF NOW: CCTV5, GuangDong Sports and ESPN, also star sports
YOU NEED TO WAIT, doesnt always come up quick.

PPLive - http://www5.pplive.com/download.aspx
1) Go to www.pplive.com
2) Click on the 'download' button in the upper right corner.
3) Once you have installed the program, click on the link to the right of the first red button on www.pplive.com
4) Once this page comes up, click on the words 'Program list' on the left side of the page, and you'll see a list of familiar channels.
5) Click 'play' next to CCTV-5 etc

It seems to work fine though not as high quality as Coolstreaming.

Some tips on use:

1) If you 'Right Click' the icon in the taskbar, and select the option next to the last one then the language changes from Chinese to English - much easier to understand what is going on!

2) A translated version of the web page, which is here: http://translate.google.com/transla...Fsource.shtml

3) If you click on a channel to start it from the web page, you may have to manually start the player from the first option on 'right cick' (start player)

-------------------------
Alternative PPLIVE Guide

Open the file and just click next and next... to install the software.
Of course please ensure that you've already installed Windows Media Player 9 or higher.

Run PPlive and the programme will automatically minimize to system tray, right click it and you will see five options. Select the fourth to switch language.
Double click the icon and you will see the page "http://www.pplive.com/source.shtml"
The channels are displayed in the table, you can see CCTV-5 and Star Sports in it.

Wait for the streams to open! It is working!

Then let them buffer, they will smoothen in a few minutes.

You will also need WMV9+

You can start requesting for streams 1-2 days before Kick Off of games.

Last edited:
Re: Football Streaming

I guess I'm not the only one watching football through my PC ;)

PPLive is the best IMO. They have some very good channels, plus they have the channels that CoolStreaming have.

PPLive have a special EPL channel that focuses on the EPL 24/7. The stream rate is unbelievably good. 1500 kb/s that means that the video quality will be very clear and smooth.

Yeah thats off Hong Kong Cable Tv :roll: ;)

Everton United
PPLIVE NEEDED
pplive://pp1.pplive.com:8000/tracker?source={991ac568-afdd-4a7f-a0ea-860e88daea32}

COOLSTREAMING
ESPN
GUANGDONG

Arsenal v Newcastle
PPLIVE NEEDED,
pplive://pp1.pplive.com:8000/tracker?source={991ac568-afdd-4a7f-a0ea-860e88daea32}

COOLSTREAMING
ESPN
GUANGDONG

Real Betis v Barcelona
PPLIVE NEEDED,
pplive://tracker1.pplive.com:8000/tracker?source={57faff62-40c2-4597-ae99-526b909e21e4}

Wigan v Chelsea

COOLSTREAMING
ESPN

Request more if you like.

I've never done this before. What sort of connection do you need?

What does it do?..it says check network connection when I click the link. And the translated page doesnt work.

Did you install PPLIVE ? For the pplive linnks?

Yea, I got it to load up something like the CCTV-1 but it says trying to reconnect for 5, where do I put those links you posted? I take it when I click the link its supposed to load up PPLIVE?

Anyone got a link to the coolstreaming one that doesnt take 4 days to load?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just click them..If you have PPLIVE installed then it should open automatically.

Also, you may have to wait a few minutes so that it opens, read the guide i posted, it takes about a 1.5 mins to load up Windows Media Player after PPLIVE recognises the stream, then another few mins till it smoothen.s

Keeps going on about network, first it says check network connection although it loads anyway, then it says WMP cant play it because of a network error.

It works fine when I click on a link from the website, CCTV-5 is on now, will that show the Man UTD game?

No kingpug, they will broadcast either Borussia Dortmund v Schalke 04 or Leverkusen v Bayern at 2:30pm GMT. Try ESPN or the EPL chan for the Utd game.

YES IT WORKED!!

Clicked on a channel called football in PPLIVE :D

Btw can you post the Celtic vs Falkirk game?..maybe I will get lucky and watch that too ;)

Thanks alot for the Celtic link, I have to say this is very good really, apart from some stutters in the 2nd half it has been perfect, well except the Chinese commentators ;)

Lol thats cos all these streams are coming here from HK ;)

Cantonese ;)

You sure the Celtic game will be on this stream?..it has Rangers vs Livingston starting, doubt they will show 10 mins of this game :)

Yep they appear to be showing the entire re-run of Rangers vs Livingston from a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't look like highlights, it seems the entire match is being shown and it's only in the 7th minute - Celtic game is due to kick off in 2 minutes :eh:.

Is this directly off Setanta?..like if you put it on would they be showing this?..also do they only have 1 channel or more?. Cant see them showing a 2 week old game over the Celtic one really.

Silly, suppose I will make do with Portsmouth vs Tottenham.

The Celtic game is being 'Delayed Live' in it's entirety later on. It's not proper live. Aberdeen vs Rangers is definitely live though.

Oh right sorry about that, least you can watch it though :p

Back
Top Bottom