Structure plz!

Tyrant

Die Hard
2 February 2006
The Editing forum is one huge mess atm. PES6 and PES5, kits, balls, faces.. It's really hard to find good things now, because I really need to update my GDB folder, it's very old. I want a 06/07 uni folder, but where to search?

I agree with you, Im a newcomer and I think that PES5 and 6 should have their own seperate forums and subforums.

-PES5
----Faces
----Kits
----Boots
----Balls
---Stadiums
-PES6
----Faces

etc.

Much more logical.

We're currently thinking of introducing a separate area for PES 6. We're not gonna throw in different areas for each and every editable graphics, though, cause that's just gonna tear things apart. Our editing area works great the way it is, even though it might look confusing at first sight.

Sometimes a whole package offers more than a "clean" looking separated structure.

I agree with Tyrant. With subforums is better. Having a sinlge editing forum makes one thread go to the 3rd page in a few hours after being created, due to all the people that posts in this forums.
In this way is hard to find things without having to surf 6 pages :S

looking forward to have an organized editing forum for an easier navigation.

JayM said:
Doesn't pretty much everything edited for PES5 work for PES6 too?

Well, I'm not asking to do different sections for Pes 5 and Pes 6, just organize the editing forums in Faces, Kits (there are millions of editors with their own threads) and another one for all other editing areas, stadiums (not many stadium makers), balls (the same), menues, etc.

that would be the best IMO.

well ok, not an option file, as in people giving out how to make kits

i would download an option file, but have a max drive

hi all

can you make a section "FACES" please ?? it's just for a better visibiliby of pages... ;)

++

I agree that tyrant it's too confusing to us newcomers.

For example Im trying to find 2176297's goodison park I do a search for goodison park by user 2176297 and it displays a link to the thread. I knew what thread it is but I dont know what page it is.. the thread is 240 pages long!

If you choose to show the search results as posts you can choose exactly which post you want to enter the thread at.

I never said it would. :)

Ok so looking through, splitting it up a bit but not into game-specific levels as dap019 suggested would seem to be the best way. So instead of PES 6 we would have:

Editing Forum
-Faces
-Kits
-Other

In-game edits can stay in the main editing forum.

Coupling that with guidelines on how to post a thread, e.g. a [PS2] or [PC] prefix etc. would also probably help.

Comments?

Meh... we kinda went through this whole thing a few weeks ago.. didn't we? :-s

Me, JayM and a lot of people prefer and like things just the way they are though I'm not really against a little good structuring as I've stated before as well either.

And obviously there is those who think some changes being made would be for the better...

We took a vote or something about this in a thread that led to nowhere in actual 'editing forum' a few weeks ago and I also thought that Kezz somewhere said.. things would be staying pretty much the way they are. Though I don't exactly remember where I saw that and if I'm completely right or not.. (my memory's a bit sketchy since it was a while ago... ).

So I personally kinda thought this whole issue was pretty much over with until I saw this thread bumped again.

My position is exactly the same as PLF's one. I agree with everything he has been saying.
One of the things I like the most at Evo is that nothing is splitted. I love this structure, because after a thread about kits we find one about stadiums, then about faces...
I hate those forums that have a different category for each thing: one for faces of black people, another for faces of white people... :roll:

And I personally don't understand those people who keep complaining about the time they must take to find a thread about faces they're looking for. It takes 15 seconds using the Search function!

I did mention to Kezz that maybe a guide post stickied to let people know the best way of using the forum would help.

Back
Top Bottom