"STUTTER FROM WHISTLE BLOWING BUG"

I'm not getting any stutter when using the original disk except only at the final whistle.

Only been playing exhibition matches, so maybe it's due to the settings such as stadium used?

So I guess that's it then...we stutterers are screwed? :(
Anyone out there who writes code have any ideas at all if there's anything anybody can try? Rip the game open and get in there with tools and twist something or other??...ah, bloody heck.

LeeC said:
Has anyone tried it with all sound off?

Don't think it has anything to do with the whistle sound itself - take a look at some of the earlier posts in this thread. It's most probably the result of the game saving statistics/highlights to memory and momentarily stalling as it seeks their proper place for storage which coincides with every stoppage in play which is signaled of course by the ref's whistle. Someone would have to figure a way to get at the code or something like that which might be impossible but seeing the amazing things this community has done in the past, you never know!

KJK1LL3R said:
I this definately in the final retail version of the game?

Yes, people in this thread & another have confirmed it exists in the original as well.

Last edited:
just to let you guys know, i started the master league with Ajax and the stutter is a lot noticeable / severe. That could be due to several factors: different stadiums i never played before, lesser teams possibly with less graphical detail, less audiance -> different chants, less shots on goal.

I guess i can see how some people don't notice the stutter.

Feel free to confirm.

Bobo21 said:
Don't think it has anything to do with the whistle sound itself
Without the sound on, the game may still process the whistle event. Bad coding will sometimes allow the DMA process to initialise and then stop with a zero transfer amount. Or it will complete as normal and then just not play it or play it at zero volume. You would be amazed at the bodges used to get something to not happen that actually involve something happening.

It is also possible that they are using a more complex form of data compression to store more replay data, they still seem a bit longer to me. Realtime compresion could cause a momentary halt too.

If the game uses the length of the whistle sample to determine the length of the DMA transfer then perhaps a 4 byte, empty sound file would be a good test. Unless the whistle sound is embedded amongst other sound effects in which case, it very likely uses offsets through the data file to determine the length. Might be worth a try though...

Personally, I don't think the whistle has anything to do with the stuttering.

I think the events are recorded as the ball crosses the line which of course = whistle and that's where the associations come from.

Junka said:
anyone of u ever noticed fake whissels?
I swear i heard it during the game like 2 times a match sometimes...and i stop lol...but the game just go's on.
Yes, several times. Thought it was just the crowd... Maybe it is, heh. :|

jumbo said:
Personally, I don't think the whistle has anything to do with the stuttering.

I think the events are recorded as the ball crosses the line which of course = whistle and that's where the associations come from.
Which would indicate more bad programming. Replay systems should stream to storage not record them when a specific event occurs or ends.

It is possible that they stream the data uncompressed and then compress it for the highlights at the end of the match.

I kinda hope that Konami get some new talent in for the next gen because I don't think they have got to grips with the current gen that well.

With the level of resources they are going to be dealing with and the complexity of the systems, their average porting teams aren't going to cut it at all.

They need someone to sit down and give the previous incarnations a real good examination. Pick out the highlights and the strengths and throw the bad points in the bin (and leave them there, not add them back in at a later date as a "feature"). If they can't find a level of objectivity for the next gen then they will lose even more credibility than they have now. They need to be ruthless and make a huge leap or people will simply lose faith.

Its kinda intersting.. been playing a lot of WE10 Lately and general gameplay i really like mainly due to all the new cool animates etc.. and passing etc.

BUT.. its the goal areas that are really dissapointing.. and that includes free kicks. WE10 has quite a bit of slowdown when free-kicking twards goal...

when i say this.. im comparing it to WE9JL.. i played this the other day, and wow.. it doesnt have the extra animations.. but as a soccer game.. the FLUIDITY IS AMAZING.. compared to we10. The freekicks look so much better as there is way less slowdown..if any at all.

Ive realised why this makes such a difference. Football is the greatest of all games, not just because of the skills etc, but for me.. mainly because its just such a beautiful game to the eye... much to do with the movement and momentum of the ball moving around the field etc.. ball physics and how the ball moves though the air etc is the big thing. And when we get slowdown.. n stutter... it just ruins it all. All i can say, thankgoodness for the next generations consoles.. much needed.

Back
Top Bottom