"STUTTER FROM WHISTLE BLOWING BUG"

aussiepesfan

Champions League
17 April 2002
Hi there,
Does anyone know if there is a way to stop this bug.. ie. everytime the whistle blows there is a stutter... its really bad for the fluidity of goal scoring and shots that just miss...

If anyone knows how to minimise this bug please share with us.

Also.. is it possible that something can be edited via the patch route, so a patch can be released to eliminate this bug... im hoping there is a way.

cheers,
steve

I found enabling mode 3 or mode 1 and 3 (if you play from your HD) decreases the stuttering a little bit. Also it seems that the stuttering is les evident in certain stadiums. I changed modes on the HDloader and tried a few stadiums and the stutter seemed to be gone or minimized. First i thought the problem was gone but later i noticed that the stutter was back. Then someone on this forum posted that the stuttering gets worse as the game progresses and this is absolutely true. This makes sense because i had just quickly tested a few stadiums, scored a quick goal and went on to try the next stadium. So i did not notice that the stutter gets worse later in the game.

I do not have a solution. Do people with an original copy of the game also experience the stuttering? It happens on offside, when the ball goes over the (goal, side or back)line, when the ref whistles for half time etc etc

Also i think someone here posted that it had to do with the type of playstation you have. I can't remember properly, he said something about Japanese or US playstations or something.

well i think i was the one who posted the fact that it occurs more as the game progresses... cause thats the first thing ive noticed..
so far it occurs in all stadiums that ive played at..

i tried to turn the sound off.. that doesnt work.

those who arent experiencing it.. id just like to ask what type of ps2 machines are you playing. Im from australia and playing the PAL version.

It must also be mentioned that im not playing the original version yet, ie not from the original dvd. Ill be getting my copy either at end of week or early next as play asia has stated that it has been shipped.

Are people experiencing this stutter even with the original DVD???

perhaps we should replace the soundfile for the whistle in the image? but donot ask me how. just for testing i mean. usinge a pal-ps2 in germany with hd and bootloader, modes 1&3 enabled.

I agree Seppovich, maybe making the whistle sound file either smaller or lower quality may help. It seems like the delay is caused by either loading the sound from dvd or accessing it from memory.

Yeah i dont have a HD.. so i think .. hopefully someone can be able to edit the whistle sound file.. and thatll work..

id like to hear also from those who dont have any stutter problem.. im still amazed that most seem to see it.. some dont..

Original Jap version, UK PS2, not noticed the stutter yet. I've also applied Fernando's patch (as well as all of the other WE10 patches - the ball patch, misc graphics patch etc.), and haven't noticed it in that either.

I'll post here if I ever spot it.

Hmmm i played original ISO, patched ISO, al n my hdloader (mode 3) i havet seen any error or bug in this game.

Well thats good news.. i must be playing a beta. Btw.. as mentioned earlier, my Original Should arrive any time now ;) ill let u know how the version compare. I must have a beta.. and hence im guessing many of the early players have reported similar problems. I really hope this is the reason.

So ill let u guys know how the Original Jap WE10 + Australian Pal PS2 works. Btw.. i think this is an interesting point.

thanks for the input...

can more people please (those with Original Jap WE10 version) report if they are having a problem or not.. so far so good.

cheers,
steve

BTW id make a post before in the WE10 review thread saying how " i cant believe konami let this slip before actually releasing it... ". I appologise for this comment, since i havent even played the original version yet.Hope i have to eat my own words... well i will for now anyways.

aussiepesfan said:
It must also be mentioned that im not playing the original version yet, ie not from the original dvd. Ill be getting my copy either at end of week or early next as play asia has stated that it has been shipped.

Are people experiencing this stutter even with the original DVD???

I am playing with the original DVD shipped from play-asia, came this morning and i am experiencing the 'whistle stutter'

I am using a PAL slimline PS2. Its at its worst when the game goes into extra time, as people mentioned the further you are into the game the worse it gets :roll:

that is the prove. there may be ppl who do not notice the "stutter bug". there are people out there who think their tes4-oblivion runs playable @11 fps minimum :rolleyes:

tried both original and shrunken ISOs on both hd and dvd and it's the same thing.

the stutter does indeed get more intense as the game progresses.

seppovich said:
that is the prove. there may be ppl who do not notice the "stutter bug". there are people out there who think their tes4-oblivion runs playable @11 fps minimum :rolleyes:

I dont think there is any way that the stutter bug can be unnoticable to some people, especially in extra time, the people who say they do not have this problem must genuinly not experience it.

Now its just trial and error to see what is causing some people to experience it and others to not

me too it very annoying, because yoi know there is a fault when the freeze occurs :/, so no more suspense when the goal is canceled cause of offside

DropshoT7777777 said:
I dont think there is any way that the stutter bug can be unnoticable to some people, especially in extra time, the people who say they do not have this problem must genuinly not experience it.

Now its just trial and error to see what is causing some people to experience it and others to not

yes you are right.

HOLY SHIT!!! SO PEOPLE WITH ORIGINAL DVD ARE EXPERIENCING IT!!!
Thats not good at all... most people will say this is a minor thing.. but really..footy is a great game mainly due to the momentum of the ball.. and when u shoot at goal..only to see it stutter before hitting the back of the net.. .. oh.. its a pisser...

All i can say.. i do believe those who dont experience it.. i mean why would u lie about that. Im just so damn curious as to why some experience and other dont. Must have something to do with the PS2 and its region or model... would love a techi to give us some insight why this problem occurs..

ciao for now

Just happened to me now - played three games (original DVD) and not had any problems, then the fourth game (at stadium three or four in the selection screen, Riazor I think?) was a jerk-fest. Perhaps I just wasn't noticing it until I read about it on here - as really, I don't see it as a problem at all. Slightly annoying, but doesn't RUIN anything.

I don't think changing the quality of the sound would help anything, as the jerk increases as the game goes on, which means that it's the CPU processing data, surely.

My personal belief is that, before in WE games, the processing that the game does after a foul or another stoppage (reporting what's happened to the stats section, for example the minute of a foul and the minute of a goal), was done in the black-screen moment between the stoppage and the free-kick or whatever. Now, with the introduction of the quick free-kick (eliminating the black-screen in that situation), the processing has to happen immediately.

If that's true, then no amount of editing will fix it until WE11.

See, I have noticed this stutter bug like everyone else, but I don't see how it has any effect on the gameplay, as it only seems to happen in my experience as the ball is just about to cross the line, or at the end of a half.

How does that effect the gampeplay? I feel like I'm missing something...

Like Aussipesfan said...just before your shot hits the backof the net, the game freezes. Or when you blast a beautiful shot just wide of the goal the game freezes. It fucks up the entire, dynamic animation. The most beautifull and rewarding part of the game, scoring, becomes somewhat of a letdown.

i wouldnt say it effects gameplay.. but watching a ball go into the goal (realtime) stuttering just as it passes the goal line once the while blows.. i just doesnt look as good.. it just doesnt look good..

interesting point about the blank screen etc..
im gonna try not taking quick free kicks.. to see if this helps.. who knows.. u may be onto something with the blank screen..

and even making a substitution could free up some space or cache or whatever as it too has a blank screen...

Jack Bauer said:
My personal belief is that, before in WE games, the processing that the game does after a foul or another stoppage (reporting what's happened to the stats section, for example the minute of a foul and the minute of a goal), was done in the black-screen moment between the stoppage and the free-kick or whatever. Now, with the introduction of the quick free-kick (eliminating the black-screen in that situation), the processing has to happen immediately.

If that's true, then no amount of editing will fix it until WE11.

You might be right Jack. Has anyone noticed that you can actually watch your players move a little bit longer after the ref blows for a foul, throw in or offside? The gameplay does not get cut off immediately (which is a good thing, it makes the whole game experience more realistic and fluent). Also, in previous versions you could not watch replays after the ref had blown for a foul. Now you can press start and actually watch the replay after the foul. You also have more time to press start and still being able to watch the replay after you shot has gone wide.

So the programming/processing is indeed different, not only due to the fast freekick. Dunno if this has anything to do with the stutter but you made a good point JackBauer

Last edited:
mazanga said:
Like Aussipesfan said...just before your shot hits the backof the net, the game freezes. Or when you blast a beautiful shot just wide of the goal the game freezes. It fucks up the entire, dynamic animation. The most beautifull and rewarding part of the game, scoring, becomes somewhat of a letdown.

thats exactly right.. a let down. Im into the whol dynamic animation of the game of footy.. even watching a ball just go wide.. bouncing hard off the sign looks great..
but with the stutter.. its just not football... maybe im too visual.
Anyways.. im gonna start doing some testing.. its very interesting that when a game just starts.. i dont notice the stutter..only as it progresses.. and it just gets worse.. i think thats different from that PES3 stutter bug..

This is getting interesting.. so glad i began this thread :) cause uve made a great point mazanga.. the one about replays and for that option to hang around a bit longer.. cause i hated the fact in WE9 lets say..that id do a great shot just missing..and wanted to replay it or save it..but i was too slow, n missed out being able to replay it. And i think your right..this must have something to do with the stutter..

Im wondering if the stutter is to do with certain stadiums but im not to sure i know it happens at old trafford.

Legot said:
me too it very annoying, because yoi know there is a fault when the freeze occurs :/, so no more suspense when the goal is canceled cause of offside

it has negative effects no doubt

Back
Top Bottom