Super Cheap PES5 pre-order

B

babs

Pre-ordered too!! I wonder when it will drop through my letterbox. Thats the only thing with pre-ordering, you are never guaranteed when you will get it.

Is this worth the risk? Decisions...decisions

I mean I can trust Paul Merson, if he says he's gonna get it too?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
They come up as £29.99 when added to the basket now but are still listed as £14.99 until that point. Dodgy bastards.

Yeah I preorded from there yesterday and in my basket still says £15 so I am not sure if we will still get it at the lower price hopefully

acidsharky said:
Yeah I preorded from there yesterday and in my basket still says £15 so I am not sure if we will still get it at the lower price hopefully

Same here, my basket says:

Order Date

06/10/2005

Total Price

£14.99

Order Status

Goods have yet to be received from suppliers

They'd better honour the mistake, else they're going to lose alot of customers. Theres a topic on the GameFAQs UK board about it, and LOADS of people pre-ordered it yesterday from there when it was listed as £14.99

it also says under their terms and conditions

The Contract Between Us

c. HMV are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our web site. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.

i got an email from them today saying about the error and that as a show of goodwill we can have them for £14.99 but it will be limited to 1 per person

Scholes18 said:
i got an email from them today saying about the error and that as a show of goodwill we can have them for £14.99 but it will be limited to 1 per person

Yeah, here's the email:

As I am sure you are aware, this item was mispriced on the HMV web site at £14.99 for a short period of time. Under the notified terms and conditions on the web site, HMV are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our web site.

However, as a gesture of goodwill, on this occasion only, we are going to honour order placed for the item, but will be restricting this offer to one per customer

Therefore, please note the following:
o If you have placed an order for more than one unit, your order will now be reduced to one unit
o If you have placed more than one order under the same email address, then only one order will stay active, and all subsequent orders will be cancelled.

Please note that due to stock limitations we are unable to guarantee delivery on the week of release, but will do our best to fulfil your order when possible.

Regards,

Andrew Cherrett
Ecommerce Customer Service Manager

---------

:lol:

just a update on their help page

Update for customers

Over the last two weeks we have relocated our warehouse to Guernsey and as a result we have experienced some delay in clearing the backlog of orders.

We have drafted in extra resource to the warehouse, and are at present anticipating that the backlog of orders should be cleared by Sunday evening.

Normal service will resume next week, at which point customers will enjoy the full benefits of our move to Guernsey, including:

o Free standard UK delivery on everything

o Lower prices

o Faster delivery of goods, as each item will be shipped as soon as it is available

Please bear with us, as we are working very hard to clear the backlog. All orders are currently shipping out via First Class Delivery, so should be with customers the day after despatch.

So all PES5 despatches should be in your hands the day after despatch :D

To anyone who ordered the game for £14.99 from HMV:

My order status is still this:

Goods have yet to be received from suppliers

Anyone else have anything different?

lol i think HMV are punishing us for taking advantage of this error!:lol: i think i'll just go buy it from the shops if it does'nt arrive in the post on saturday! :roll:

Last edited:
oasis84 said:
lol i think HMV are punishing us for taking advantage of this error!:lol: i think i'll just go buy it from the shops if it does'nt arrive in the post on saturday! :roll:

LoL true why can't they delay, they of course as they say shown a gesture of good will. Oh well another life lesson for all of us. :lol: :lmao:

HMV are obviously trying to annoy the people who pre-ordered at £14.99 in the hope that we will cancel our order with them.

I ain't gonna cancel though. I am prepared to wait for a bit. If worse comes to the worse I can always buy it and then sell the shrink-wrapped HMV copy on ebay, I am sure to be able to sell it for more than £14.99.

Yes!!

My order now says:

"Your order is now complete and the balance will be shipped within 24 hrs"

So hopefully I will get it early next week for £14.99!! It looks like I will be playing FM2006 this weekend instead!

I ordered this at the £14.99 price and I've got the same message Clockender and it'll be delivered tomorrow. I could have got it today but I can wait one more day for a copy that costs £14.99 :)

Re: Super Cheap PES5 pre-orderr

:lol: How funny is that, I was in my local independent games shop at lunch and the conversation went something like this:

Shopbloke: Can I help you?
Me: No its ok.
Shopbloke: You looking for Pro Evo?
Me: Well I just wondered if you had it in as you sold it early last year?
Shopbloke: Yeah I have it.
Me: Well its not on display.
Shopbloke: No they are here (reaches under the counter and produces a copy of PES5). I will sell you one if you want?
Me: Nah, I would love to but I have pre-ordered it of HMV for £14.99.

And off I went.....DAMN!

Back
Top Bottom