super strikers

AOBrien07

Safc till i die !
12 May 2006
Sunderland
Sunderland
With the prem getting in some top strikers this season's who do you think will give the best overall performance and who will come out top goal scorer as there is a lot of competition now with the like's of rooney,kuyt,shevchenko,D bent,henry, tevez etc.8)

what about westham new striker tevez he has plenty of pace and speed and is supposed to be tipped to be the new maradonna

Tevez is like the 10th player of the last two years that's said to be the new Maradona.
He certainly has class but I don't see him scoring more than Henry or Sheva, since they are the better finishers and way more experienced.

I'll be surprised if Henry can keep up to his high standards.
I think it'll be a close race between Sheva and Rooney with Sheva winning.

airjoca said:
No, that's Messi.

As for strikers there's only one Henry.
this is just what i heard from sky sports news they said he was tipped to be the new maradonna and i haven't got it mixed up with messi then again these day's a few are being tipped to be the new Maradonna as messi,tevez and riquelme i have heard that they've all been tipped to be the new maradonna

I think everyone in the current Argentine squad has been tipped as the new maradona, even despite some being defenders who can't dribble to save their life ;)

I suppose they use the 'next ayala' too, fair play.

AOBrien07 said:
this is just what i heard from sky sports news they said he was tipped to be the new maradonna and i haven't got it mixed up with messi then again these day's a few are being tipped to be the new Maradonna as messi,tevez and riquelme i have heard that they've all been tipped to be the new maradonna

yeep, thats a good example. Riquelme is a completley different player!

You have to look at a team that just has one really good forward. United and Chelsea will score from all over as will Livershit. Henry will be top scorer, but I'm hoping it might be Rossi.
Saha will score more than Rooney.

I agree with what Marukomu said, with the added fact that Henry is consistently one of the top scorers in the Premiership. If Saha doesn't get [insert injury] this season and gets enough games then he could very well challenge for top scorer like. Just look at how he was playing 2nd half of last season.

Peter Eyres said:
I think everyone in the current Argentine squad has been tipped as the new maradona, even despite some being defenders who can't dribble to save their life ;)

I suppose they use the 'next ayala' too, fair play.

But how many has Maradona called his successor? Only half. :lol:

If sheva adapts quickly Idoubt Henry can score more than him.
It's not only about the players quality but also the team around them, and chelsea is clearly better, altough we know lampard usually get's all the shots. If it was Sheva he would score like 40 goals.

I'd say Henry, because he has the experience in the Prem
Sheva is the better striker IMO, and has a better team around him, but there are plenty of goals all over the field at Chelsea, where-as Henry gets the lionshare of Arsenal goals.

I have a good feeling about Kuyt. He will be up there at the end of the season, and expect Bent and Johnston to be challenging. Tevez, I'm not sure about. I haven't seen him play enough to make a judgment.

Cannot look any further than Henry.

Though if you fancy a flutter; Tevez is 50-1 with many bookies to be top scorer which are great odds.
Not that I expect him to be by any means, but he is certainly capable of it.

I can think of worse ways to spend a tenner!!

Back
Top Bottom