Superman Returns (Please use spoiler tags!)

rockykabir

hello
30 March 2003
London -> New York -> San Francisco
Liverpool FC
Anyone see this?

Have to say, I am a huge fan of the original films (and most superhero films)....so I was looking forward to this for a long long time.

It got delayed several times - Kevin Smith made a script: but it wasn't used. Nicolas Cage was supposed to star, but that fell through. However, once Bryan Singer got confirmed as director, I've had high expectations.

However.... I left the cinema with a empty feeling in my stomach :(

It was a ok film in it's own right - but was still a great letdown. The actor playing Superman had cardboard acting skills, the costume just didn't look right, we didn't like Lois and Singer tried to make it a bit too stylish.

This was one of those films where watching the trailers would ruin everything. Every decent SFX was shown in the trailers - the film didn't have much else unfortunately :(

it was ok. better than xmen 3 for sure but no way near as good as xmen2.
some flaws such as the story wasnt really that gripping, as you said the actor was shit etc

I liked it. Although I am not a big DC Comics guy and my only Superman expertise is confined to an old VHS of Superman with Reeves and a few episodes of Smallville.

Am i the only one who s thinking that this movie is shit...
the story is predictable ( sorry i dont know the word for previsible ) and too dramatic ...
more over there is no struggle between SM and LL, Lois is uggly ...
so i didn t like this movie .. i prefer xmen saga

I liked the file but then I didnt see the trailers for it. The actor who plays Superman does have a look of Christopher Reeves about him too, more so when he was sat down !!

Back
Top Bottom