Surprise package for the World Cup

steevio_uk

Premiership
7 October 2003
West Ham
What teams or players do you think will be a surprise package for this World Cup?

A relatively lesser known player performing well, or an unfancied team going far?

I have a little bet on New Zealand's Shane Smeltz scoring 2 goals.
I think he is a player that could do well in the Premier League.

Also, I quite fancy Serbia... Although... they may face England in the 2nd round if things progress to plan!;)

Serbia they will kick out england in the 2.round ;)
Denmark kick out spain in quartelfinals
Slovakia
Honduras

and of course South Africa

I've a special feeling about Slovakia. Really enjoy some of their players. I hope Paraguay and Uruguay can surprise. I'm also expecting Chile which practiced sexy football in the qualifiers. And, of course, I will root for South Africa.

The guy apparently they call Asian Wayne Rooney?! Yeah he seems good and VERY confident. I forget his name..

If North Korea get out of that group though or even NOT finish last, it's as a big shock as we'll have in this World Cup.

I think them and New Zealand are the two weakest teams but because they're so disciplined and organized and will give a 110%, no team will beat them up badly. So they're no push-overs. But I can't really see them taking points or winning matches let alone coming through. I think they're just way out-classed but like I said they will go home proud anyway because they will give it their all and make it as difficult as possible for those stronger teams.

...and players?

Greece to have disappointing tournament (I can see them finishing last in group) but young Ninis to show the world a thing or two about what he's capable of possibly.

wow, quite surprised that you predict my country..

i hope they wont dissapoint..

but for me Chile is a team that can surprise, or Uruguay

oh and offcourse Slovenia, i have a feeling they will surprise in good way..they play great as a team.

about players i predict Dos Santos from what i seen first match :) so far only this..

Not over yet but yeah so far it's not looking good and I also rated Serbia and Mexico at least highly. Both could still go through though but aren't off to the ideal start exactly lol.

I really don't think Serbia is a surprise package. I already expected them to be a good team. If anything, North Korea because of the way they played.

I really don't think Serbia is a surprise package. I already expected them to be a good team. If anything, North Korea because of the way they played.

Definitely agree on that. North Korea was the team surprising me most after the first round of matches. Also South Korea was impressive, but they got back to the ground yesterday, having not a bit of a chance against these Argentinians.

Back
Top Bottom