Swansea City !

SKILLZ 98

Fifa Bang out !
12 January 2013
Manchester United
They have made fantastic progress ! they have gone from a championship side 2 or 3 seasons ago , to becoming a solid BPL club and beating Arsenal and Chelsea respectively. Can you see them playing in Europe ? MICHU !!!!!!!!

ye they're doing great, they probably will qualify for europe through the league cup cos they are favourites to win it now imo. but i doubt they'l grab 5th or 6th.

Yes i think they are going to beat Chelsea and advance to the finals. Bradford City vs Swansea City in COC FINAL !

Last edited:
Wembley yesterday was magic, amazing day out even better than the playoff win because we got a real trophy at the end of it. And so what if we won a one sided final credit to the Bradford fans they kept singing and cheering even when they were 5-0 down.

Shame the ref was a jobsworth sending their keeper off felt that was very harsh.

If they manage to pinch a EL spot then surely Laudrup will enforce his squad in the summer with more Spanish players ;)

Last edited:
Swansea is revolutionizing the British football because they are the first to take a step back from the Brittish manager system, instead they are opting for a coach role like on the continent.

This is the reason why the coach isn't that important for them: Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup. When Martinez and Rodgers left everybody was thinking they would collapse but they didn't because they turned back the influence of the manager...
At other clubs the manager takes his own staff and players. Swansea don't do that: Laudrup (roughly) had to work witth the the same staff as Martinez and Rodgers. Laudrup could make transfers but the rest of the club had to agree with it...If Laudrup leaves there will be continuity. In other clubs if a manager leaves they change technical staff and lots of players have to leave. That is much less likely at Swansea...

I think that it's pretty disgusting how straight after winning the CC the likes of Laudrup and Michu are being asked about leaving.

I think that it's pretty disgusting how straight after winning the CC the likes of Laudrup and Michu are being asked about leaving.

I agree with you, but at the same time, i would be delighted if Michu joined Spurs...aren't we all a litle bit hypocritical when push comes to shove ?

I agree with you, but at the same time, i would be delighted if Michu joined Spurs...aren't we all a litle bit hypocritical when push comes to shove ?

Would you still be delighted if he goes to Spurs and doesn't play as often and goes completely off form? Many a player has had a good first season and then gone completely off the boil.

I personally think he would be much better off staying at Swansea for at least another season and then see if he can replicate his form next season.

I never understand why people go crazy for a player after only half a season. Reminds me of kids going mental for the latest toy on TV and then getting bored of it.

Oh. And congrats to Swansea. They may be our main rivals but fair dos, they do play the game the right way. Hopefully there will be a few derbies next year if we can keep it going for a few more months.

No i wouldn't. But is there a law of nature that players who go to Spurs go completely off form ?
On the other hand i can see your point. Like i already pointed out: for football (and maybe for Michu) it would be better if Michu stayed with Swansea. But i don't think the departure of Michu would be a major blow for Swansea. They would find another excellent low profile player...

No i wouldn't. But is there a law of nature that players who go to Spurs go completely off form ?

No there isn't. However, the same can't be said when they go to Liverpool! I can't believe how many players who go there end up playing crap! :(

I never understand why people go crazy for a player after only half a season. Reminds me of kids going mental for the latest toy on TV and then getting bored of it.

same as we bought Andy Carroll for only seeing him for half season on EPL , thats was so stupid to play all those money for someone who only played half season on PL !!!

Wonder how jackarmy feels about Swansea having to represent the English Premier League in Europe next season, given his anti-English sentiment in other threads.

We will represent ourselves, our place in Europe was as a result of Platini getting involved in the politics after the English FA said they'd refuse to put Cardiff forward if they won the cup in 2008. Last season the position was clarified by UEFA, the exile clubs could only qualify for Europe in the league system they were in (i.e. the English pyramid). Fuck England. You'll soon see which country will be represented by the number of Welsh flags when we play abroad.

I'm sure UEFA have also stated our performances in Europe will not affect the FA or FAW's coefficient, and we can draw a Welsh or English club in the Europa League at any stage of the competition, including the group stage.

Last edited:
i never undertsand how this works really , why teams like cardiff or swansea don't play at wales league ? or... why not making a UK 1st division where can be 24 teams and there can be also teams like celtic , rangers , TNS + premier league teams !

i never undertsand how this works really , why teams like cardiff or swansea don't play at wales league ? or... why not making a UK 1st division where can be 24 teams and there can be also teams like celtic , rangers , TNS + premier league teams !

Because TNS are basically on a level with non league Blue Square division. Saying that, even lower than that tbh.

Have you seen The Welsh League setup?

Cardiff and Swansea are pro clubs with proper stadiums etc. The rest of The Welsh League setup probably have covered standing for about 300 people. Fact is, we both joined in the English pyramid about 100 years ago. Always been a part of it and should remain so. They'd never survive if weren't in their normal setup.

I have no objection to some of the top Scottish teams joining in but the majority? Nah. Not good enough.

Because TNS are basically on a level with non league Blue Square division. Saying that, even lower than that tbh.

Have you seen The Welsh League setup?

Cardiff and Swansea are pro clubs with proper stadiums etc. The rest of The Welsh League setup probably have covered standing for about 300 people. Fact is, we both joined in the English pyramid about 100 years ago. Always been a part of it and should remain so. They'd never survive if weren't in their normal setup.

I have no objection to some of the top Scottish teams joining in but the majority? Nah. Not good enough.

thanks for info mate , well I was just wondering how this works ! honestly I know TNS just from bet lmao its not i have seen anything from them , I just remember they are by far better team than others in Wales , I was just wondering why those 2 teams (and if there is any other Wales or Irish or Scottish team on England Championship or league one?)

the thing s that we Albania and Kosovo want to have one same league together , but FIFA & UEFA wont let this happen for some politic reasons I guess , but both federations want this happen which would make league more interesting and more strong !

now the 2 bigges teams of Kosovo , Prishtina and Trepca want to join Albanian Super League , but... if they do they have to register they'r teams as part of Albania and they have to play they'r matchs in Albania , they can't play in they'r stadiums on they'r home, which dont have sens coz no one if going to follow them in stadium (if they are playing 200-300km far from home in stadiums that are in Albania) ..... I'm pretty sure teams like Swansea play at home and they can be in English Premier League but play in Wales ? all tho its still UK so maybe "law" allow them to do this coz of UK ?

thanks for info mate , well I was just wondering how this works ! honestly I know TNS just from bet lmao its not i have seen anything from them , I just remember they are by far better team than others in Wales , I was just wondering why those 2 teams (and if there is any other Wales or Irish or Scottish team on England Championship or league one?)

the thing s that we Albania and Kosovo want to have one same league together , but FIFA & UEFA wont let this happen for some politic reasons I guess , but both federations want this happen which would make league more interesting and more strong !

now the 2 bigges teams of Kosovo , Prishtina and Trepca want to join Albanian Super League , but... if they do they have to register they'r teams as part of Albania and they have to play they'r matchs in Albania , they can't play in they'r stadiums on they'r home, which dont have sens coz no one if going to follow them in stadium (if they are playing 200-300km far from home in stadiums that are in Albania) ..... I'm pretty sure teams like Swansea play at home and they can be in English Premier League but play in Wales ? all tho its still UK so maybe "law" allow them to do this coz of UK ?

It's just historical. It wouldn't happen nowadays but because both Cardiff and Swansea turned professional years ago they just played with the English clubs as no other decent teams to play against.

Wrexham and Newport are also part of the English system too.

Bony on his way to one of the bigger clubs after this season? Doesnt seem far fetched the way their season is going atm! Still plenty of time however, I don't have any reason to believe they ll actually end up in relegation danger.

Back
Top Bottom