SWAP MAGIC WARNING!!!

thegreatone

Non-League
25 April 2006
This is a warning to anyone who is thinking of using MagicKeys II with Swap Magic for a slim PS2.

It will short circuit your system and the damage is irreverseable, I know because it has happened to me.

I bought the MagicSwitch set from here ,Swap Magic 3.6 and the stainless steel magic keys that you put into your PS2, and I ended up short circuiting my Playstation.

Please don't buy these or anything like them, you'll ruin your system.

Anyone else had the chance to try this out yet? I have a bulky ps2 in the house but would rather be playing on the slim pstwo in my room to be honest and this is a bit of a worrying thing to read about. Are you sure you didn't just do something wrong greatone?

its not swap magic its self, but the stainless steel tools that you get to mod your system so it thinks the lid is always closed. Swap magic with the plastic tools is fine, im just warning people who have or are intending to buy magickeys II, you can see them in my first post.

The light goes green for a second, the motor tries to kick in and then it just powers off again.
I think it short circuited the spin motor because I can hear a slight clicking noise coming from it just before it powers off.
Main thing you should know guys is don't stick and stainless steel or aluminium tools down beside the flip top hinge, its a serious risk if you do.

i just opened up my slimline and sellotaped all the switches down. works a treat and takes about 5 mins to do. Been working fine for over a year now.

ceebs said:
i just opened up my slimline and sellotaped all the switches down. works a treat and takes about 5 mins to do. Been working fine for over a year now.

Yeah, think thats what im gonna do now, or else the homemade "straw" mod. Not too keen on voiding the warranty on my new PS2 tho

IMO, if you had a PStwo, you might as well have got a proper modchip. Swap magic is the cheaper option and if you were low on budget, you should have bought a bulky PS2 to save the money. Thats what I did.

Back
Top Bottom