Tranmere Rovers
Cover:
12_promo.png
Platforms: PC
Release Date: Out Now

Developer: Sensible Software / Sensible United Community
Genre: Sport

Description:
It's SWOS... You should know what it is! If you don't, you're not a football gamer!

Price... Free!

• Staff
We've had previous threads on SWOS - but I've just found out that an amazing community has put together a SWOS 2020 package...

It's available for download over here:https://www.sensiblesoccer.de/swos-2020

But be careful of the "total pack" add-on, VirusTotal.com (and my Kaspersky anti-virus) reports that it contains malware.

BYE-BYE REAL WORLD, I KNOW WHERE I'M SPENDING THE REST OF THE YEAR!

Last edited:
Ah, the reason I failed my A levels :). You didn't mention it's FREE TOO :D

FYI - at the moment the 'v1.0 Total Pack' needs a copy of the original game (Amiga or PC) to validate against. You can still download and play the smaller v1.2 which bypasses all this, you just don't get all the bells and whistles right now

Last edited:
  • Staff
FYI - at the moment the 'v1.0 Total Pack' needs a copy of the original game (Amiga or PC) to validate against.
All you have to do is, on the same page, click "Download Amiga HDF", then rename it to swos.hdf, and point the installer at that.

HOWEVER... I've just installed it, and according to my virus scanner, it's loaded with the same virus executable about 50 times over:

wC7tYlM.png

Their forums say it's a false positive. However... VirusTotal.com (which tests it against about 100 anti-virus software packages) reports it's almost definitely a real malware package.

qQfK2Fp.png

So. I'm not installing the Total Pack...

Last edited:
Just tried it, and an excellent update.

The only problem I have is the amount of players out of position and no more Des Walker..

All you have to do is, on the same page, click "Download Amiga HDF", then rename it to swos.hdf, and point the installer at that.

HOWEVER... I've just installed it, and according to my virus scanner, it's loaded with the same virus executable about 50 times over:

wC7tYlM.png

Their forums say it's a false positive. However... VirusTotal.com (which tests it against about 100 anti-virus software packages) reports it's almost definitely a real malware package.

qQfK2Fp.png

So. I'm not installing the Total Pack...

My antivirus flagged it as well, so did not install the Total Pack, only the latest version and ran the updates.

• Staff
My antivirus flagged it as well, so did not install the Total Pack, only the latest version and ran the updates.
I managed to install the Total Pack and remove each of the dodgy EXEs, which aren't required from the looks of it. I'll upload a repack somewhere later today and update this thread. In the meantime, I've posted on their forums about it.

It's actually a separate install from SWOS 2020 - which allows you to use SWOS 2020 with a 2020 database, and use the Total Pack with any database you want using its database browser tool. It goes back to the very early 90s, up to today. I'm using the 96/97 update "with fixes" (presumably to names and positions).

The weird thing is, I played a 96/97 FA Cup as Liverpool last night (with all the correct rules including replays), and got to the sixth round before getting knocked out by Middlesbrough in a replay - and I thought to myself, "how were they so difficult, that's a bit disappointing".

Then today, this video pops up on my Facebook:

The first game had the exact same result - and it was Ravanelli who terrified my defence (along with Juninho).

Spooky...

I managed to install the Total Pack and remove each of the dodgy EXEs, which aren't required from the looks of it. I'll upload a repack somewhere later today and update this thread. In the meantime, I've posted on their forums about it.

It's actually a separate install from SWOS 2020 - which allows you to use SWOS 2020 with a 2020 database, and use the Total Pack with any database you want using its database browser tool. It goes back to the very early 90s, up to today. I'm using the 96/97 update "with fixes" (presumably to names and positions).

The weird thing is, I played a 96/97 FA Cup as Liverpool last night (with all the correct rules including replays), and got to the sixth round before getting knocked out by Middlesbrough in a replay - and I thought to myself, "how were they so difficult, that's a bit disappointing".

The first game had the exact same result - and it was Ravanelli who terrified my defence (along with Juninho).

Spooky...

I am not sure if you have any upload rights to my FM Onedrive..
You could upload there.

I managed to install the Total Pack and remove each of the dodgy EXEs, which aren't required from the looks of it. I'll upload a repack somewhere later today and update this post. In the meantime, I've posted on their forums about it.

Spooky...
I remember the white feather being an absolute beast on SWOS

I remember in my Bradford City career modes I always went for Jose Chamot in defence, Didier Deschamps in midfield, and a partnership of Jean-Pierre Papin and Gabriel Bastituta up front :BY:

I managed to install the Total Pack and remove each of the dodgy EXEs, which aren't required from the looks of it. I'll upload a repack somewhere later today and update this thread.
Here you go guys, see if this works:

Extract it to a different folder than your SWOS 2020 folder - but alongside it. So for example, if you extract SWOS 2020 to "C:\Games\SWOS 2020", extract the above to "C:\Games\SWOS 2020 Total Pack". Then run the "new_total_pack" executable in that folder to set your launch options.

The pack includes Total Pack 1.0 and the 1.1 update.

If it doesn't work, try downloading the Total Pack 1.1 update here, and install that into the folder you extracted the above file to. That should recreate any necessary registry on your PC.

Been playing a few games of it now, and it is a great patch..

I don't know if it is just me, but when playing in the bigger stadiums, the controller glitches quite often - Just stops working or will suddenly start running up.
This does not happen when it is in the default/original SWOS stadium.

I will def play it some more and start a career, but the player positions are quite annoying as a lot of the players are out of position - Especially for Exeter.
Also I don't feel the gameplay is as good as the Amiga version, although you select Amiga in the drop down menu, it just doesn't play the same.

I will try the Total Pack shortly, as would be good to try out older databases - #BRINGBACKDESWALKER

:) i'm happy for you guys finding a "new" haven!

i watched the gameplay video above but its not my cup of tea (since around 1995 ;) ). it reminded me of Kick Off... wich i played on the Atari (and enjoyed) when i was a kid! :D

anyway, you guys enjoy!

Last edited:
The guy had grey hair from 27 years old ffs! Talking about bad genes..

Also to me this looks and plays like shit and there's no reason playing it except maybe for nostalgia.
But i'm pretty sure there are some retro fetishists out there who would say how much better it is than modern PES and Fifa lol.

What a legendary game it was and still is. Many many hours spent on this also in 90s playing the Amiga's version. Well it is one of those games which is simply amazing and immortal even today. Career mode, many national teams, giant number of domestic leagues. Good it is still updated even we are in 2020 :).

Installed your modded version and more .exe files were removed for the following virus:-

Heur.AdvML.C

I googled it and seems to be an issue with quite a few older games, and older .exe files.
Majority of of people from what I read said that this is a false positive and could be ignored without issue.

I am going to check my Norton history to see what else it deleted as it flashed up with about 3-4 warnings and removed all the bad .exe files.

Installed your modded version and more .exe files were removed for the following virus:-

Heur.AdvML.C

I googled it and seems to be an issue with quite a few older games, and older .exe files.
Majority of of people from what I read said that this is a false positive and could be ignored without issue.

I am going to check my Norton history to see what else it deleted as it flashed up with about 3-4 warnings and removed all the bad .exe files.
Eesh, that's not good. Well the guy who put together the 2020 mod says the files I've removed were safe too, so maybe they are - but according to Virustotal.com, pretty much every antivirus program says they were dodgy.

But Kaspersky doesn't pick up any other viruses (i.e. none in what I uploaded) - maybe see what Norton says are the problematic EXEs and run them through Virustotal.com?

Back
Top Bottom