Tactics Thread PES 2014

Pumped your tactics and formations into the game klashman and I've had some thoroughly entertaining games using them/playing against them. They really do add something to the gameplay.

The Barca tactics are spot on as well, despite people questioning the height of the defensive line. I was playing as Athletic Madrid vs Barca and managed to win 2-0. Both coming from counters exploiting the gaps left by Alaba and Alves and the high line Barca play. But apart from that, I spent most of the time following the ball around in midfield and waiting for opportunities to pounce. Very realistic, well done on the tactics once again!

Pumped your tactics and formations into the game klashman and I've had some thoroughly entertaining games using them/playing against them. They really do add something to the gameplay.

The Barca tactics are spot on as well, despite people questioning the height of the defensive line. I was playing as Athletic Madrid vs Barca and managed to win 2-0. Both coming from counters exploiting the gaps left by Alaba and Alves and the high line Barca play. But apart from that, I spent most of the time following the ball around in midfield and waiting for opportunities to pounce. Very realistic, well done on the tactics once again!

Great, that is what i was aiming for. Basically after the patch as long as the dribbling is sorted and that defensive bug they will become a lot harder to play, Messi will hopefully start dribbling round your players more along with Neymar and Iniesta, hopefully the AI will be a little more potent with their attacks, just a little more to tilt the balance.

In previous games i faced the same thing having to counter vs Barca since they have all the possession. what made it so hard is they used to kill you in attack with Messi, Iniesta and co, thats not happening as much in PES 2014 yet so you still should be able to beat them.

Klashman, are you playing on PC or console? If you're on PS3 any chance of you sharing your edit.bin since inputting these tactics is quite time consuming.

Great, that is what i was aiming for. Basically after the patch as long as the dribbling is sorted and that defensive bug they will become a lot harder to play, Messi will hopefully start dribbling round your players more along with Neymar and Iniesta, hopefully the AI will be a little more potent with their attacks, just a little more to tilt the balance.

In previous games i faced the same thing having to counter vs Barca since they have all the possession. what made it so hard is they used to kill you in attack with Messi, Iniesta and co, thats not happening as much in PES 2014 yet so you still should be able to beat them.

That's the only thing I noticed within the match, Messi didn't seem to play much like himself. No running at the defence, that I can recall. The AI is very good in terms of it's movement, several times I was confused about whether to track a run and let my team mates press for fear of a through ball etc. Despite not being as potent as they could be, it's still provides a challenge when playing them with your tactic.

There seems to be a problem with Man Utds combination play. When I select 'Cross and Pull Back', Area 8 is greyed out and can't be selected! Should it be 2 or 5? Also for 'Hold up and Switch', Area 1 can't be selected either. Again, should that be 3 or 6? Cheers for the sliders Klash - definitely adding a new dimension to gameplay :)

Klashman69 any chance of uploading your Edit file with formations updated? Or are you using your kits in it, so it would break?

There seems to be a problem with Man Utds combination play. When I select 'Cross and Pull Back', Area 8 is greyed out and can't be selected! Should it be 2 or 5? Also for 'Hold up and Switch', Area 1 can't be selected either. Again, should that be 3 or 6? Cheers for the sliders Klash - definitely adding a new dimension to gameplay :)

Yes same for me, can not select Area 1 for Hold up and Switch....

In my quest to make Barcelona play like 'they should' I backed up my edit.bin's and went on to make nearly all the team's sliders defensive.

After doing so on all teams in Spain first, I started a BAL game as Messi. With Klashman's settings and opposition playing defensive it became a sight to behold to say the least. Barcelona plays the ball back and forth like hockey 'power play' and it is extremely hard to get the first goal as the other teams park the bus more or less.

I tried a few matches with ML as well, and it actually seems like the only way to make Barcelona play like Barcelona is to tailor the opposition teams to make it so because Barcelona in this game isn't strong enough to 'enforce' this behavior otherwise.

I can live with having a separate edit.bin set for Barcelona careers.

EDIT: Clearly this could be misunderstood so I'll explain some further. I made _all_ other club teams defensive to a varying degree and kept Barcelona almost exactly as portrayed by Klashman. I did make them (Barca) a bit more willing to counter as their new manager has implemented a bit more to their style than under the previous two.

This would clearly make no sense unless you're actually playing with Barcelona in either BAL or ML. In BAL you can play with your 'normal' set of edit files and switch to the other set where everyone is defensive if you get a contract with Barcelona. If you play ML and start out with Barcelona you will meet almost entirely teams that tries to defend and counter against you for the most part.

Last edited:
Dear Aussie Friends,
Please invite klashman over, get fosters, get shrimp on barbie, get hot blonde aussie chick, let him play and set tactics on your PC PES 2014.

Thank You
Fan Of Klashman

The thing one shouldn´t forget is that this year Barca has a new manager - Gerard "Tata" Martino - who has evolved their team style a bit. Now when under pressure Barca sometimes falls a bit deeper, playing an occasional counterattack or long ball to the forwards. Their game is more varried now, at least so far.

Therefore I think it´s worth to set Tactics 2, the defensive (as much as it can be said about Barcelona) one, to a bit more direct one to reflect these changes.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/11/new-managers-martino-at-barcelona/

If I Have already started a ML save. Can I Use the tactics too? So the CPU will play with the new tactics or not?

Klashman,

Standing ovation from my end here... Honestly this is spot on.. How I wish you can do this for all the teams in every league... It would be super awesome... I can already see the difference.

Damn Barcelona is taking me to the cleaners with their possession game and I am re learning to play without the R2 button.

Tactic in PES2014 don't work :(
1IahGesL.jpg

defenders are always go in the center.
regardless of the depth of defense

p/s/ sorry for my eng

Last edited:
1IahGesL.jpg

p/s/ sorry for my eng

Even a low defensive line will be near the midfield line when the team got the ball inside the opposition box... anything else would be entirely stupid.

Thanks people.

1IahGesL.jpg

p/s/ sorry for my eng

Use the D-Pad you need to pull your defence back manually.

There is a bug that happens they sometimes push up too much but it's not hard to discover how to defend deep.

Saying tactics don't work is false.

Sorry, no time frame whatsoever until at the latest December for more tactics, no laptop, new country, very busy at the moment people.

Sorry the girls here are too hot at the moment.

Use the D-Pad you need to pull your defence back manually.
it is necessary to correct each time after losing the ball, and it is 100 times per game.
There is a bug that happens they sometimes push up too much but it's not hard to discover how to defend deep.
This ic a bug. When my team loses the ball, my defense does not go down to the penalty area, and continues to be at the center. Although the sliders had to get the defense back in time. In PES5 between defenders and strikers always was enough space. And now every attack the enemy is 1 on 1
Saying tactics don't work is false.
Why?
Sliders in the tactics do not give defenders in the event of losing the ball in time to retreat closer to the penalty area. And always have to manually adjust the defense.
So the tactics are not working as it should

Last edited:
it is necessary to correct each time after losing the ball, and it is 100 times per game.

No, you do it once and they stay there. That is false what you have said again.

You haven't tested this at all, you should know this already once you first start using it. Sorry but I been doing this with Rennes in my Master League I defend very deep and counter. Other people have easily worked this out, but you jumped the gun and started to complain without finding out yourself how to do it.

Why?
Sliders in the tactics do not give defenders in the event of losing the ball in time to retreat closer to the penalty area. And always have to manually adjust the defense.
So the tactics are not working as it should

Also in the formation you showed on the left, why is Support Range so close at 6? You do know that makes your players close in to eachover so when the ball moves up the pitch your players all move within close proximity?

You should be setting this to at least 10 possibly more, even 15 16 so you team spaces out.

Nice work, are you using some sources from web as reference for those tactics or is it just from personal experience ?

Just tried to play with arsenal vs man city with your tactics edit and it was a blast. Very good spacing and off ball runs on both team.
If only cpu would be more complex and adaptive to actions on pitch instead of using same patterns on attack over and over again even if i read them every single time.

Thanks to edits on Arsenal i had probably easiest match ever on top player, i could simply dominate man city on such good spacing and runs from my players.

Back
Top Bottom