Testers Please...

rIKmAN

League 2
15 June 2003
Manchester, UK
I`ve been doing some homework over the last day or two regarding my PES5 Management Add-On, and have finally come up with something which works - on my system at least.

It`s a small app which should report back the correct Match Details after any game of PES5 PC (the 1 half demo til 28th)

At the moment it only shows Home/Away Score and Home/Away Possession, but if this seems to work on different systems, then it will be the basis of the full code.

I have tested this a LOT on the 2nd PES5 Demo (with commentary) and it works perfectly every time, please report whatever results you get, and what version of PES5 you used, and your system spec.

Instructions are in the Readme.

*** LINK UPDATED ***
v0.2 of the DataChecker now reports back with the entire Match Details Screen and looks nicer.
Please note the window is scalable to allow you to resize and compare no matter what your resolution.

Link: PES5DataChecker v0.2

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I`m developing a Management Add-on for PES5 PC.
It will be a management game built around the PES5 engine, so you`ll get to do all your tactics, transfers and in depth gubbins in the Management Engine, and then play the match in Pro Evo with all of the formations, tactics etc that you setup in the Management Engine.

Can you all please post your system spec and version of PES5 Demo you are using.

Thanks.

Same as above, correct every time.

Can't wait to see this when it's fully developed *creams himself* :D

Cheers for the feedback guys...glad all is as expected :)
I`ve updated the links on the first post to point to the new version of the DataChecker, which now reports back the entire Match Details Screen!
It also looks a little nicer.

People who have already tried the v1 DataChecker are welcome to give this one a test too, just have it running in the bg if you happen to be playing PES5 :)

As I said it doesn`t look like a lot, but this little test is pretty much what the whole project hinges on.

Thanks again!

jonney: It`s much more than that mate.

You`ll be playing a management game (which I`m currently in the process of coding), in which you have (for example) the ENTIRE English setup, from Premiership to Conference.
You can be ANY team, have proper transfers, loans, injuries, sponsorships, training, formations, tactics, teamtalks,interviews with the press etc etc....I have loads of ideas.

Now, when it comes to match-day, you will go to PES5 and will have all the data from the Management Engine (2 conference teams, + stats + kits etc) with which you can "play" your match.

Once the match is done, all the data from PES5 is zapped back into my Management Engine for use in league tables, top scorer tables, transfer value (more goals / MoM performances = it goes up) and it all starts over again.

Because all the other stuff is done on the Management Engine side, anything is possible, PES5 will simply be "hooked-into-to" as the Match Engine for actually "controlling" the match, rather than just watching it.

Think CM but you play the game in PES5...well, maybe not CM as I sure as hell aint gonna beat that for features..but well, lower the sights and you get the idea :)

The DataChecker i am asking people to test is my way of making sure that memory allocation does not change between PES5 Demo versions (1 ro 2) and making sure that the data integrity is constant over many machines.

ie. Testing me grabbing data from PES5.

Last edited:
Rikman just a couple of questions as i know this is a big job and you'll be busy getting it ready for the launch of pes5 next week :P.

1.When u say like CM will it have a full eufa competion setup etc.
2.More of a request ( i hear you sigh "already") i would love to be able to take control of an international team along side a club team, getting them to qualify for WC etc.

cheers

:roll:

EDIT. Nevermind, it doesn't work with FCH's Best Of Demo
With normal game works excellent :applause:

Last edited:
i use Win XP SP 1; 2000 Duron; 512 DDR Ram with Radeon 9500 Pro
Demo 2 with Voice ;) 800 x 600 Medium Details (full screen and Window Mode)
All works fine

Keep it up, a export in a text file was a good Idea

pn929: There are a lot of features planned, including "proper" club seasons, with promotion, relegation, qualification for europe, and international management.

BK_83: Yes. Any team, anywhere in the world. I plan to start with the English Premiership (then Chamopionship, Lg1, Lg2 etc) but in the end there will be leagues from all over the world available (thats the plan anyway.)

pablocoo: Can you please download v2 of the DataChecker and test that, and at least I now know that it doesn`t work with the Best Of demo...so maybe it will change in the full game also? - This is what I`m testing for...

FCH: Thanks mate for the detail in your post - did you use DataChecker v2?

As for a text file export - I don`t really see the use?

The point of this "test" is so I can continue with development, there is no point in me coding like a possessed mofo if the app only works on 50% of machines - but it seems some people are reading the thread and not even testing.

Please, even if you can`t really be arsed, give it a quick go, have a couple of games and post to let me know how it went.

I cannot continue without results for this test so...

Last edited:
rIKmAN said:
pablocoo: Can you please download v2 of the DataChecker and test that, and at least I now know that it doesn`t work with the Best Of demo...so maybe it will change in the full game also? - This is what I`m testing for...

Yeah, I've downloaded as soon as I've seen it's available and it works grat with KONAMI demo 2.
Don't work with Best Of Demo, because exe file has different name and also process name so DataChecker don't see the game is running
Grat job :applause:

yea but why would u make a manager game when konami themselfes are making one? what do u mean we actualy play the match? whats the point? your suppose 2 be a manager watching the game not playing it :( im not critising your work, its good but i dont think its necesary IMO..y dont u make the online mode better? thats would be more useful...

I couldn`t improve the online mode even if I wanted to, what I am doing is not editing the Konami code in any way at all, and there is no way to get at it.

How do you mean "improve online mode" - what sort of improvement?
I have thought about writing PES connectivity software, but then someone already did it with PES4 launcher, so what else could you mean?

I`m writing a management game where you can play the game, play fixed, or watch the match, it depends on the person.
I am even thinking about specific versions for each mode of the game.

this then hooks into PES5 to allow an arcade aspect to the management side, but both will interact, and one will affect the other.

If you do have a PES5 demo on your HD could you give it a test anyway and post back your results with the PES Demo version you used.

Thanks.

i try it on v1 demo and the results are all 0 and the possesion it was 100% for tha away team....

Ok cool, looks like there are differences between demo 1 and demo 2, and that suggests there may be differences in the full game too...

Thanks to those that have replied so far, the more tests there are, the more sure I can be.

rIKmAN said:
pn929:
FCH: Thanks mate for the detail in your post - did you use DataChecker v2?
Yes

pablocoo said:
Yeah, I've downloaded as soon as I've seen it's available and it works grat with KONAMI demo 2.
Don't work with Best Of Demo, because exe file has different name and also process name so DataChecker don't see the game is running
Grat job :applause:
Yes same here but it´s normal, the datachecker check the Original .exe ;)

Last edited:
what i mean is that, improving the online play by haveing for example 11 vs 11 players online, play master league or cup tournaments online. these ideas would make the onlien experience 100% times beter.. what about a way for players to view a online match has a spectator? umm a 2vs2 on 4 seperate pc's?the ideas are endless..

btw is this a final year project for university? or u jus doing this for fun?

FCH: Many thanks :) and you are right, the DataChecker only seems to work with the original untouched Demo 2 pes5.exe.
In the end I may release the Addon to work with a patched exe made by myself to accompany the game, with all the correct names, kits etc etc.
More research needed :)

jonneymendoza: That is impossible for me to do, only Konami can alter the PES game code, I don`t have any access to that whatsoever.

This project is just for fun for me, although I was at university studying BSc(Hons) Computer Games Software Development, so I am confident I can pull it off.
As I`ve said the hard part is getting access to the info PES stores at the end of the match.

I have so far managed to decrypt the Match Details screen, but have failed in my attempts so far to get individual player info (goals scored, booked etc on the "Individual Stats" screen.

rikman please keep this project going, to the hard core pesfan this is the nemisis. No doubt you'll get some form of stick but at the end of the day if you can pull it of you will be a legend.
Be strong, its worth it.
I just wish all the other long term fans would give you support too.

Back
Top Bottom