Quality, not quantity
30 October 2005
Reading, England
Reading
And the award for dodgiest transfers ever go to these two :p

The official West Ham statement reads:
"All other aspects of the transfers will remain confidential and undisclosed."

So they won't reveal the length of the contracts or the fee paid

MSI, which owns Corinthians players, also tried to take over West Ham, so I believe this is an attempt to sweeten the deal and convince West Ham that further success will follow if they accept the takeover

In all likelyhood Tevez + Mascherano will be sold to Chelsea at the end of the season :roll:

if tevez and mascherano are successful at west ham the fans wont let the club sell them - unless they are on 1 year deals which is highly unlikely - players who do it at w ham are worshiped there, the only time we've been a selling club in recent history is when the board sold rio ferdinand to leeds for £18million (to pay for a new stand) - which led to harry redknapp quitting the club in disgust!! and when we got relegated which is understandable.

happy days for west ham fans!!!

mcdaddy said:
if tevez and mascherano are successful at west ham the fans wont let the club sell them

yeah right

MSI own the players, and have given them to West Ham to make the takeover go more smoothly

Once MSI are in charge, they'll just flog Tevez/Mascherano to the highest bidder at the end of the season

its bittersweet for West Ham fans, you get to have these quality players, but it all boils down to making money for MSI/Kia Joorabchian

Valmir said:
yeah right

MSI own the players, and have given them to West Ham to make the takeover go more smoothly

Once MSI are in charge, they'll just flog Tevez/Mascherano to the highest bidder at the end of the season

its bittersweet for West Ham fans, you get to have these quality players, but it all boils down to making money for MSI/Kia Joorabchian
Are MSI rich enough to build West Ham into a stronger team? That would be interesting.
I cant wait to see these two play now. :D

RuneEdge said:
Are MSI rich enough to build West Ham into a stronger team? That would be interesting.
I cant wait to see these two play now. :D

I think West Ham will just become a feeder club for South American talent - so yes they could become very strong!

I think MSI want West Ham to become maybe Champions League qualifiers to increase profits, but ultimately their best players will only stay for a short time before being sold on to the Barca/Man United/Chelsea etc - so they may not have chance to create a winning team

I'm off to play as West Ham on PES :lol:

In short term this is great news, i hope other English clubs can catch big fishes too...on the other hand and in the long term if this is the prelude of a take-over,i'm not so sure if this is great news unless the new owners really wanna make a big club in West Ham...

Oh and Don, of course: YES...he will never admit it of course.

Muwhahah, soon London clubs will dominate the top 5....with Liverpool the only exception, at the top of course.

Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Westham
Arsenal

;)

MSI Couldnt take over West Ham unless they sell ther intrest in Corithians first. If they indeed did this FIFA would definatly have something to say. All that said what a coup for West Ham!

Mack said:
MSI Couldnt take over West Ham unless they sell ther intrest in Corithians first. If they indeed did this FIFA would definatly have something to say. All that said what a coup for West Ham!

don't MSI just own Corinthians' players?

also it is Kia Joroochbian(?) who wants to buy West Ham, he also happens to own MSI, so I think it is legal

This is a great new, seeing two great Argentinian players playing for Hammers, will be also great for PremierLeague too with the quality of this kind of players. :)

Peter Eyres said:
Muwhahah, soon London clubs will dominate the top 5....with Liverpool the only exception, at the top of course.

Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Westham
Arsenal

;)

.....Spurs?
:shock: ;)

This nothing but a little tremor, wait til the earthquake starts when Sir alex unloads Rooney next transfer window.

This is just crazy. I was like :shock: when I saw the news on BBC.

Great buy for West Ham. I wonder if they are warming up to play for chelski next season.

Tottenham have a good team, not a great one. They seem to be buying and selling every year...the lack of continuity may bite them in the backsides. Besides, teams who enter europe after a few years away from continental competitions have found europe an unwelcome distraction. Ask Villareal, Betis, Sociedad, Vigo, Chievo, Sampdoria and Kaiserslauten

great signings, will see them in flesh at the friendly on sunday roll on hammers if you got the cash then splash!

haha over the moon (pk is back at psv) hence the madness

Tevez and Mascherano still have to prove that they can work in europe and especially the PL.Tevez's nightclub days should be over.

Robinho had the usual problems to adjust to europe, in a team full of players from his country.Nobody knows how hard it will be for those guys, that don't have a deep connection inside the team.

do you think the situation with MSI controlling the players contracts just put the big teams in europe off the deal??

Dermot said:
This nothing but a little tremor, wait til the earthquake starts when Sir alex unloads Rooney next transfer window.

Seriously, what have you been smoking? I want some!

nt89 said:
spurs = Tottenham have agreat team

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaw! really? Yeah, I gathered that. He put them in the top 5 and omitted Man United from the list, so I replied. United aren't going to finish in the top 5? If you say so.

Back
Top Bottom