Tevez to corinthians

nowadays is normal Brazilian naturalize European to play in the national teams of europe!!, this is the great problem of having many good players and just one national team... italy has nothing more nothing less than 12 Brazilian players in your national team of "futsal" , and many others teams have at least 3 brazilians...

mlima said:
nowadays is normal Brazilian naturalize European to play in the national teams of europe!!, this is the great problem of having many good players and just one national team... italy has nothing more nothing less than 12 Brazilian players in your national team of "futsal" , and many others teams have at least 3 brazilians...
lol, i dont doubt there are some Brazilian born players that play for other countries (Deco probably being the most high profile one), but its not as common as you claim.

and then went bust cos they didnt attract the crowds to justify those sums of money!

loz said:
and then went bust cos they didnt attract the crowds to justify those sums of money!
actually, well it was a combination of things, in New York and Chicago they were selling out 80.000 seat stadiums, New York had Pele, Beckenabaur, Canigiaa, they had amazing players
and they did bring crowds, but in places like tampa, kansas city, etc.. they didnt have the money to buy big name players, so no one came as you said and about 8 years later the league folded. Hell Johan Cryuff lived a mile from my hghschool when he played for the Washingtion Diplomats.... It showed if you bring the best players in the world, americans wil come, give them a crap product like MLS was in the begning, you get zilch, but its getting better, in 20 years i think MLS will be attracting overseas talent at young ages.....

I'm shocked at this signing but it's not the first time a talented Argentine has not gone to a fashionable club, I'm not criticising Corinthians but it bugs me that players like D'Alessandro and Cavenaghi never chose more established clubs as I think they have the talent to be world stars.

loz said:
lol, i dont doubt there are some Brazilian born players that play for other countries (Deco probably being the most high profile one), but its not as common as you claim.

NO?!?!?!?!?!?!!
Its not common for the weak teams, but the bests like italy and spain......

bobogol said:
I'm shocked at this signing but it's not the first time a talented Argentine has not gone to a fashionable club, I'm not criticising Corinthians but it bugs me that players like D'Alessandro and Cavenaghi never chose more established clubs as I think they have the talent to be world stars.
The two you mention did go to European clubs though, who are at least in the right continent to try and get into the Champions' League - Tevez is still stuck in South America.

Loz I think the guy mentioned Futsal (official FIFA 5-a-side football) teams using a lot of Brasilians, I certainly can't think of any current ones other than Deco or the striker from Tunisia who plays in Ligue 1.

btw did any one see that Spanish striker's goal in the Futsal World Cup Final against Italy? What a composed finish, beautiful too...

Maybe Tevez is afraid of flying to Europe? It's also hard for someone from South America to get used to the lifestyle in Europe. It would be a big move for Tevez if he ever makes it.

Back
Top Bottom