Tevez to corinthians

hahaha now what? my team will be the most powerful team in the whole world.

we signed a new partnership with some "russian" guy, and their representative (Kia Joorabchian) is the one who is buyin all the stars from south america to play for corinthians.

Kia Joorabchian has some connection with the investors of chelsea, and some people believe that after 1 or 2 years he will go to play for Chelsea.

from what I saw on tv, boca fans are not happy with Tevez decision.. "he shouldnt go to corinthians. Who are they?".. another fan said "he should go to england.. teams like Manchester United or Chelsea or go to spain.. teams like real madrid or barca"

DC United is Csaunders favourite team in NASL...i hope they beat Corinthians one day...would be nice...

And Fred, the best team in the world, keep on dreaming brother....

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Total ignorance here from me, but are DC United ever able to play in the Libertadores?
there is talk of it next year, but usually the champion of MLS plays other champions in south american in pre season friendlies

Why don't use european teams play the likes of Boca in pre season friendlies? FIFA should organise a proper tournament for clubs from all over the world and not that crappy world club championship.

Anyway, back on topic. Has Tevez expressed his view on what team he'd prefer to play for?

he said that he want to spent the rest of his life in corinthians, lol, uhauhauha just kiddin, he will probably leave after world cup of 2006, and he didnt express yet what team he would like to play in europ.e

RuneEdge said:
Why don't use european teams play the likes of Boca in pre season friendlies? FIFA should organise a proper tournament for clubs from all over the world and not that crappy world club championship.

Anyway, back on topic. Has Tevez expressed his view on what team he'd prefer to play for?
Well they played milan for intercontinental last year... they also played Roma this summer, and i think Arsenal.

Fred_Gavioes said:
Kia Joorabchian has some connection with the investors of chelsea, and some people believe that after 1 or 2 years he will go to play for Chelsea.

I Hope so!!
Even i don't like chelsea....

After Russian Guy stole "my" Drogba an other Stole Tevez! ^^

Russian is not my friends! ^^

I read at TERRA ( (http://esportes.terra.com.br/interna/0,,OI434441-EI2011,00.html) that CORINTHIANS wants to hire some other foreign players like Riquelme and even DAVID BECKHAM as published in the English tabloid SUNDAY EXPRESS... so i imagine that Corinthians will make a really good team for 2005 season!!!
i remember when Manchester United comes to Brazil and played with some brazilian teams...
The top 5 Brazilian teams(São Paulo, Santos, Atletico-Pr, Cruzeiro and São Caetano) are some of the best teams of the hole world, even if compared to teams as Arsenal, Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid...

Stupid move for Tevez, it's only a sideways move and I personally think Boca are a bigger club than the one he's going to. Fred I don't mean any disrespect, but the best players in the world play in Europe and the world's top club competition is the Champions League - basically the majority of Europe don't give a shit about who wins the South American version.

e, they dont giva a shit for it?!?!?!!?!, BOCA, RIVER, SÃO PAULO , SANTOS and many other south americans teams are much better then "BIG" europeans clubs...and of those south American teams that comes the players that now play in BARÇA, REAL and others "BIGs" in Europe!!!...
and u speak to me even so that they don't care?!?! HOW not?!!? if they didn't matter should not have any south American player playing in the europe, but ts not the truth!!
A thing is right, they give a lot of importance for south america, at least in what concerns the soccer!!

If you ask a European to list some South American teams, they'd list at max 5. Where as you ask a South American, they'd list lots of teams, teams of which many of their fellow south americans play at, or played at.

What Classic said about Europeans not caring much about South America is true.

Im not saying their football is bad, infact some of it is great, but the recognition of south american football is not as great as European. I myself watch the Argentinian league, and find it quite entertaining. But to most other people, they wont have a clue.

No, you've not understood what I meant.

People in Europe really don't care about the South American version of the Champions' League, the Copa Libertadores, when you compare how much interest they show to the UEFA Champions' League. The best players in world football all play in Europe, name me one widely recognised 'world star' who plays in South America (do not say Tevez, Cavenaghi, these guys are great prospects but they must prove it in the big leagues like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano, etc)?

Over a competitive season I don't believe there's a single South American club side who could finish ahead of teams such as Barcelona, Milan, etc in their domestic leagues.

History has shown what I say is true, from Maradona to Romario through Rivaldo and Ronaldo to Ronaldinho, the top players move to Europe.

Sorry to correct such an intelligent post Classic D, but Cavenaghi moved to Spartak Moscow early this season.

ye the great players go to europe only because $$$ , if the south American teams had money, certainly the players would stay, especially because the most skilled and technicians players of the world come from the south america.. agree?!?!or u will tell me that europeans have players at the level of south americans players, because they dont have...

but in any way you are right ClassicD, European teams have structure and much money and for that they are the best ones...in my opinion just for this reason...

Of course, the UEFA Champions' League while having the best players is also a cash-cow, it makes a lot of money for these clubs along with their domestic leagues when it comes to the big nations (Spain, England, Italy, Germany, etc). For sure the best players in history have come from South America, for goodness sake the two best players always compared as the 'Best Ever' are from there, Pele and Maradona. That's not to say Europe doesn't have it's greats, not even the biggest South American fan could doubt the abilities of Zidane, Figo or Bergkamp in their prime, for example.

P.S. Gunplay, I heard that move had collapsed but I thought he'd moved to a Moscow side in the CL, not Spartak. That's another example of money, players like Wagner Love, Matuzalem, Cavenaghi moving to Russia/Ukraine, hardly a footballing valhalla.

I was totally suprised that Corinthians could afford such a high fee if i'm honest, this doesnt usually occur does it? or am i just showing my ignorance?

RuneEdge said:
Did Pele play in europe?
No, that was the biggest criticism levelled at Pele about his career, that he never went to Europe and played there. Same reason many people scoff at claims he scored over 1000 goals.

Loz I'm sure Fred mentioned that they have an Abramovich-type figure now.

Back
Top Bottom