Thanks BBC for your Sitcoms !

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Like alot the English sitcoms like "My Family", "Coupling" & "Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps" :lmao: i see that on French Comedie channel

Thanks for that

What is the best Sitcom on BBC at the moment ?

I love 2 Pints!! Little Britain is cool.

You should watch old skool Only Fools & Horses if your french channel does it :)

DJ

I think Ricky Gervais stuff is crap personally, call me a bit of a cunt but I don't find it that funny, and i'm someone who laughs at almost everything in life! :D Same goes for Little Britain, I have nowt against homosexuals but (from what i've seen) a programme with non-stop gay innuendo and repeated jokes does my box in.

Bottom, Only Fools & Horses, 2 Pints and The Fast Show are what i'd recommend Thomas, Bottom being the best.

Last edited:
Fast Show was hilarious to start with but I think during the 2nd Series it started to get a bit tired.

DJ

ThomasGOAL said:
Like alot the English sitcoms like "My Family", "Coupling" & "Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps" :lmao: i see that on French Comedie channel

Thanks for that

What is the best Sitcom on BBC at the moment ?

woot!!
Vive Comédie !!

Good to know i'm not the only french watching these shows \\:o/

only thing i would complain about is that the diffsusion in original version is not done all the time, sometimes it is, sometimes not, and at other times you can select both, i don't get it !! :(

My favorites:
- Coupling (just the best show after Seinfeld IMO)
- Two pints
- Game On (that was aired on Canal Jimmy at the time)
- Bottom (also aired on C.Jimmy)
- The Office (actually, a french remake has been made and is aired right now on Canal+),even though i prefer the Ricky Gervais version of course, it's still pretty funny :mrgreen:
- Little Britain (not been aired in France yet -_-)

Last edited:
I can't stand Little Britain....nearly puked after watching one episode - Shockingly bad TV :(

Apart from that, BBC sitcoms are great - however I do find Only Fools to be overrated. I think it was the 10 million Christmas "Specials" after the final episode which destroyed it for me.

But hands down, Channel 4 and BBC2 are the best channels. ITV shades Channel Five as the worst channel.

TG, you have to watch the classics like Blackadder! - also, check out Father Ted (not BBC tho ;) )

I used to love 'Allo, Allo'

Wonder if it was as funny in France or ever made it over the channel?

I do agree about Little Britain, it's clearly not for everyone...

Their humour is mostly about fat people and gays, they could definitely try to add more variety :lol:

like that part about the guy who fancy the grand mother, that was hilarious (i think^^)

Another british shows i liked:

- Black Books
- Keen Eddie
- Lock Stock
(All aired on Comédie^^)

CWright said:

This show ?BBC link
i don't know if it was ever aired in France :shock:
Before tv via satellite came up, all the "classics" made it to France (like The Avengers, or The Saint...), but as for comedies, i think only Benny Hill and Mr Bean made it ^_^

rockykabir said:
TG, you have to watch the classics like Blackadder! - also, check out Father Ted (not BBC tho )
Good shows too ;)

Last edited:
The Thick of It, and The Day today are two of my favourite bbc comedies, though i dont know how well they would translate into french as a lot of the humour is about the english language i.e. "the twisted brain-doings of a one-off man mental".

Now I know who I have to blame for "two pints" getting a new series every fucking time.

As a kid I watched BrushStrokes and The Rise & Fall of Reginald Perrin!

I also vaguely remember "Not The Nine O Clock News" which was quite comical in places but sick in others.

DJ

Not a sitcom but I recently discovered QI and have watched 32 of the 36 available episodes, very, very funny, and somewhat educational as well :)

CWright said:

Class :lmao:

RuneEdge said:
Father Ted and Red Dwarf were pretty funny.

Two of the funniest IMO, though Red Dwarf is my fav. To this day I still find it hysterical. I love Ace Rimmer, the man is class. To be more on the money Chris Barry is class, to be able to potray one annoying little weasel then to go the other way and become such a hero is fantastic.

Got a couple of Brittas Empire DVD's at home, its rather dry entertainment which sometimes is funny but sometimes it tries too hard to be funny and fails.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Got a couple of Brittas Empire DVD's at home, its rather dry entertainment which sometimes is funny but sometimes it tries too hard to be funny and fails.

DJ

v true....I remember loving it back in the days. But then again, Noel's House Party was my fave programme list back then - so I won't really trust my judgement.

(going a lil off topic but...) the same can be said about Knight Rider. Amazing back then, complete tosh watching it now :( - A-Team and MacGyver are still cool though

Know what you mean rockyabir. Noels House Party - I used to think Mr Blobby was funny (in reality it got a bit grating after the first few performances. Less is more imo. Thats why Fawlty Towers works so well, just two series of six episodes each.

Noels House Party was ok in places but I thought some of it was stupid, The Number Cruncher I thought was pretty stupid and so was his Gunge Tank. Blobby got on your nerves after a while so not really my cup of tea.. Still grab a grand was good :)

DJ

Great actor --->
JEFF3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom