Thanks Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
On many vBulletin sites, the 'Thanks' button is becoming more popular to avoid pointless posts saying "THANKS! NICE KITS'.

I think it would be very useful to have it here in the editing forum to avoid having a kit maker's thread at 50 pages with 80% people saying 'thanks' or 'nice'. An example would be Kel's thread, everytime he posts new kits, he can select to put the 'Thanks' button on the bottom of the post while creating a new message. When he posts the message with the kits, users just need to click 'THANKS' and a list will be available somewhere in the thread saying who clicked thanks.

Here is an example:

Can we have a twat button as well for each time someone makes a "twattish" post? Sure I realise I'll be getting a few but it'll save people typing ;)

How about a yes and no button as well? Or a witty conversation button? I'll never need to type again.

Milanista said:
If youre calling my post a twattish one, i wouldnt mind clicking the twat button on you ;)

Not at all I think it's a good idea, often popular threads are hard to navigate because of replies that don't add anything (other than courtesy) :)

A thanks button would save on posts. A twat button would end up getting pushed 373 times a day by twats who think it's HILARIOUS to press the twat button, and then they'd make a twattish post to follow it anyway. You can't beat the twats.

I like the thanks button idea though (despite the fact I still think people will be darft enough to push it AND reply with "pushing thanks wasn't enough, I just want to say a big extra well done to the team" or whatever).

At the end of the day, we're all twats (twat twats and twats with their hearts in the right place but twats nonetheless); a million different buttons won't change that.

(My what a lot of "twats")

I'd like to thank Chris Wright for giving me yet another opportunity to get off the crack. He must really love me.

I do think this board could use a reputation system, or karma whatever you want to call it. Most other forums seem to use it and it works quite well. You wouldn't need a twat button, there is already a report bad post button for extreme cases and a rep system works both ways, you can give or positive or negative rep points and leave comments, so if you really want to write twat, you still can.

To be fair it is a standard forum feature and has probably been left out for a reason...........

I used to post on the saddo boxing forum quite a lot and they had a cool click/sad click system, I was doing quite well, up to about 30 cool clicks and no sad clicks, then someone sad clicked me for no reason and I got very depressed and left in a huff :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom