The all new cricket thread

kingpug said:
I don't understand one bit of cricket, why do they play for about 8 hours a day?

When do they actually win the whole series, is it best of 21?

This current series is called the Ashes and lasts for 5 matches, England currently lead 2-1 and 1 game was a draw. Yes I know, a game lasts for 5 days and there is still no winner, whats the point ;)

Well, it's the day before and I can't wait. Will be listening to TMS, not bleedin' Mayo and co. Still don't know who will replace Simon Jones, but hope it's Collingwood. For the first time in recent memory, the footy tonight takes second place to the next five days.

Im hoping its going to be Anderson i dont think we should change from the 5 bowl attack!Ive thrown in a couple of holidays from work so ill be glued to it from the morning!

He hasn't been bowling too well lately. It's a toss-up anyway. Collingwood got one in the face at praccy today as well!

Well we've won the toss but lost a few careless wickets, a good fourth and fifth partnership should bode well for us though.

Strange decision by the Aussies to go off for bad light when they were on top. All the better for England, as it was starting to look ominous.

Definitly not the best start Ausies are in great shape, bad light will do me for me! cant see us winning the game now but a draws looking good..

Good old KP, his batting scares the shit out of you but he's done us the world of good today. 5 live reckon we'll need at least 250 but the clouds are supposed to be on the way to reduce the light.

WHAT A TEST THIS IS!

What a series this is!!

221-7 at tea. We look a bit stronger again but a couple of quick wickets after tea and could go to the wire. There is still a possible 50 odd overs to go.

I think it's safe to say the ashes have come home.

Five live are saying that the Aussies will probably retire the game at around 5 to 5:15. I wish they would have held out until just after 6 so I could get home from work!

Another great game i thought England were brilliant yesterday to bowl out the Aussies for less than us considering the way they were going. Got a bit worried earlier on, Warne was looking very dangerous!

I think were just waitning to see if Giles can make a century now!

Last edited:
Unbelievable.:D Especially as Australia looked like they would make 500 at one stage yesterday morning.

The Ashes back in English hands for the first time in 18 years!

I dont think The Ashes is the remains of a person.

Anyway, Well Done England. Is so great to see our country doing well for a change. The rugby team win the world cup, cricket team win the ashes, we win the bid for the Olympics, etc.
And then we have our football team.

RuneEdge said:
Is so great to see our country doing well for a change. The rugby team win the world cup, cricket team win the ashes, we win the bid for the Olympics, etc.
And then we have our football team.

Don't forget Liverpool being European Champions!!!!

(Sorry I just couldn't resist(!) :mrgreen: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom