The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
www.apple.com

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/guidedtour/

ipod_hero_touch_20070905.jpg

Last edited:
Re: iPod touch

The classic is priced really well now. £159 for 80gb and £229 for 160. It'll be interesting to see how Creative/Cowon etc. respond.

Zen have just released their new player already, the Zen.

Comes in at 8GB & 16GB. And maybe 4GB as well, not sure.

It's looks the doggies danglies, but surely they could go bigger than 16gb.
The previous gen went to 60gb, so on that aspect it seems like a step back.

Or is it just me?

It is because this is flash-based player, whereas the iPod Classic is HDD models. I think they are slowly phasing out HDD, since Zen, Sony etc have all gone that way.

So I think come iPod Touch 2G you will get bigger sizes.

I think I wanna kill someone now. I just paid £240 for the 80gb one a few months ago.

The classic is priced really well now. £159 for 80gb and £229 for 160. It'll be interesting to see how Creative/Cowon etc. respond.

Creative have responded (and prior to the the announcement) very well!. Their media player (I think it's the Zen that ash mentioned) takes SD cards and can play divx and xvid movies ;)

It also has a FM radio and microphone....well worth a look imho.

Personally, I don't see any point in investing in the iPod touch until flash prices decreases. What they are selling for 16GB is actually very good value atm as these flash drives were going for £450+ a few months ago.

Well I just got mine! 16GB model for around £245ish.

Quite liking it, I'm going to have to get used to the keyboard, and the touch interface, but so far loving the web browser, and YouTube!

I.... i-what? :)

# SharePod 3

# Songbird

# Yamipod

# Winamp

# JakPod

# Floola

# PoddoX

# reTune

etc ....

Back