Arsenal Thread

Re: The All New ARSENAL Thread - Henry talks on hold until Summer 2006

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Dont know about a takeover but my cousins in the states say press over there have stated that that Shawn Carter (jay-z) is looking to buy a stake in the gunners which is poss as he already has a stake in an NY b-ball team....
what? i need to look around for that one!

Re: The All New ARSENAL Thread - Henry & Campbell back on 22nd Oct?

Kanu of all people. Its injuries. Hleb Cole Campbell and Henry. All are first teamers. Right?

Sulph said:
Kanu of all people. Its injuries. Hleb Cole Campbell and Henry. All are first teamers. Right?

You can add Ljungberg to that list too, does it look a bad injury for him

It seems that squad depth has become very important this season, but it is typical looking at the Arsenal and Chelsea squads

Arsenal small squad loads of injuries
Chelsea large squad ardly any!

Just the way it goes I suppose

It all seems to have gone to pieces... playing like that, defensive mistake again, and again by Senderos, leads to Kanu scoring.

Injuries, and a very small squad of players.. out were freddie, henry, campbell, gilberto, Hleb, V Persie, Cole.

We play the way we did, fucking hell, we won't even finish top four. Love to see our squad for when Ashburton opens...

.........Almunia.

Lauren..Senderos..Toure..Clichy

Ljungberg..Fab..Hleb..Reyes..

...V Persie...?????....

Nice one Arsene... save the money for xmas presents why don't ya!

Last edited:

I've had a gut full, that was shambolic...why can't we bloody finish off our chances or even shoot from distance? We're trying to walk the ball in taraaaated.

League gone, focus on CL.

Mastermind said:
I've had a gut full, that was shambolic...why can't we bloody finish off our chances or even shoot from distance? We're trying to walk the ball in taraaaated.

League gone, focus on CL.

Thats exactly what my local presenters said before they signed off, however they also stated that they do not want to focus so much on CL that they lose sight of 4th place or above as that has serious concequences.

Injury crisis, Goddamit I was hoping Arsene would buy a WORLD CLASS CD during the summer transfer. Campbell and Gilberto have proved to be VERY VERY injury prone now. these guys are in and out of the squad and that hurts the team alot. I dont think sellin off Vieria was the problem either. Just buying quality experienced players in cricital positions....

Yea man hopefully Rey Reyes can convince some of those first team players on the Spain national to come a board

What is up with our away form. Its disgusting.
We've lost 4 of our last 5 Premiership away games.

Wenger, sort it out.

As much as I enjoy seeing you guys lose, I'm a bit worried that you'll struggle for a CL place. Even though you're in a low position in the league, you're still one of the top 3 teams in the country so if you lot dont qualify, we're gonna have to have 2 weak English side in the CL for next season. You lot still have a chance if you beat Chelsea in the home game and Man Utd beat them too.

Don't worry. We'll be there.
We've been top two for years. Cant see that becoming 5th all of a sudden.

Don't worry, you guys'll make a run. There's enough quality there to beat almost any team in the league, when some of the injuries sort themselves out. Its a long season, you're having a bit of a year like United this time last year. They fielded a team of O'Shea, Fortune, Keane, Carroll, Bellion, Djemba Djemba, Miller, Smith, Scholes and Giggs for a few games. And didn't do very well. Youll be back in the top 3 by early next year, if not before. And what would the champions league be without the gunners underachieving ;) ?

Thierry is back in squad for Tuesday's Champions League game. Thats the first bit of good news we have had for a while!

They say he will start on the bench, I can only hope he is not rushed back too quickly!

Last edited:
Re: The All New ARSENAL Thread - Henry in squad for Prague trip!

HEY M8s!!! HE`S B A C K... cheer up m8s it`s all going up from here...Newcastle////bottom 2 Mid.WE`RE GOONERS!!! MID 2 TOP so stop crying spillin negativity.don`t try to see,what your eyes can`t follow.whatever happen today,we still be here tomorrow....:applause:

Under Arsene Wenger's Management since 1997

1997/1998 (World Cup Season)- Won the Double
2001/2002 (World Cup Season)- Won the Double
2005/2006 (World Cup Season)- ?????...We will see
HISTORY CAN REPEAT ITSELF!!!!

Stringer Bell said:
Under Arsene Wenger's Management since 1997

1997/1998 (World Cup Season)- Won the Double
2001/2002 (World Cup Season)- Won the Double
2005/2006 (World Cup Season)- ?????...We will see
HISTORY CAN REPEAT ITSELF!!!!

Cant see it

Its to be hopes Arsene hasnt rushed Henry back is it

beboquintero said:
HEY M8s!!! HE`S B A C K... cheer up m8s it`s all going up from here...Newcastle////bottom 2 Mid.WE`RE GOONERS!!! MID 2 TOP so stop crying spillin negativity.don`t try to see,what your eyes can`t follow.whatever happen today,we still be here tomorrow....:applause:

Clearly youre blind if your eyes cant follow a 2-1 loss.

Well, could be worse, could have thrown away a 3-0 lead in a CL final :p

HAHA only jokin ;) (like we'll ever get there)

Right, enough bullsh*t. We need a win to lift the spirits of the squad and the fans. Henners return should help but we've also got Gilbert and RVP back in the side which should bolster both attack and defence. Still a lengthly injury list, so the line up is probably:

------------Lehman

--------Kolo-----Senderos
Ralf-----------------------Clichy

--------Gilbert
---------------Fabulous
Pires---------------------Reyes

---------RVP

--------------Titi

Wenger probably won't start Henry so probably Quincy will come in. Personally I'd like to see Lupoli get a european game. He scored a good goal vs Ajax in the Amsterdam tournament and needs the exp.

Sparta are a mess at the moment, I work with a Czech guy who is expecting nothing less than a loss for his side. Could be just the fixture we need at the moment. COME ON BOYS!

Congratulations to Thierry - 186 not out!!

He was quite candid about his future in the interview but I suppose he's only being consistent. We just have to hope he wants to stay!! What a performance tonight from him though, I did worry a bit when he was warming up after he had come on! Reyes injury is a blow, but welcome back Thierry!

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Henry breaks Arsenal goalscoring record in Prague win!

Thierry Henry 186 Goals = Best Striker in Arsenal History :applause:

WOW. How badly can a team need one player to win? Henry coems on and all of a sudden the team has this confidence they havent had since last season.

What an awesome first goal from Henry. The way he brought the ball down, and the finish!!

Amazing

From the normal angle, the goal looked great but from the view behind him, it looked world class with the curl he added with the outside of his foot.

Simply amazing.

RuneEdge said:
From the normal angle, the goal looked great but from the view behind him, it looked world class with the curl he added with the outside of his foot.

Simply amazing.

Thats because he is World Class ;)

Not many players could have done that to such perfection. You also have to take into account his lack of match fitness, then he does something like that. Unbelievable.:applause:

God damn, that first goal was really something.

I loved the control more than the finish however!

Back
Top Bottom