The Aviator

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
This evening I watched The Aviator. I was skeptical prior to this as I'd heard very good things about it which usually means I expect too much and end up thinking less of the movie, and because the lead is Leonardo Di Caprio who along with Cameron Diaz ruined Gangs of New York.

The movie was good however, Di Caprio did a great job and I no longer see him as a talentless cockmuncher as I did some 4 hours ago. I didn't know anything about Howard Hughes' life, truth be told I had never heard of the guy, but I enjoyed the film.

I would give this an 8/10, and say it entertained me more than Million Dollar Baby which was also good.

I felt it began to drag around 2.5 hours into it, the segment between his crash and when he was called to the hearing. I felt it picked up again after that.

"The way of the future".

Aye right Howard, gotcha...:lol:

a good movie with a great DiCaprio, but about half an hour too long. a 7,5 out of 10 for me. certainly does not deserve more than 3 or 4 oscars i think, but then i didn't see many films this year.

i liked it and would give it 7.5. cant understand why people say he cant act he has been in a lot of shit but in the basketball diaries and the beach he acted well in my opinion.

Million Dollar Baby I found it touching in places but the boxing scenes ruined the film for me. I would give that a 6.5 although Clint was great in his role

I do have to say of all the big movies out recently Ray has to be my favourite of the lot from start to finish. didn’t know much about Ray Charles before but thanks to the movie i'am enjoying his music I have to give this film a 9.

Sideways and team America I really enjoyed. team America has got to be the funniest thing I have seen in a while 8/10 from me Sideways gets 7.5

also just finished watching band of brothers fucking great tv

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom