The BBC: The worst set of presenters/commentators?

MOTD: Rubbish Commentators?

• Yes

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Not Bothered

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Rocky...Go back to exam revision u fool

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
I like Ian Wright but come on, the guy is complete and utter useless, the only reason he is even on the tele is to rant on about England, he even said so himself all he cares about is England, well fuck off then. I watch it for the football not to listen to someone go on about England and shut up shop when another team gets mentioned. But what more can you expect from English commentators/pundits for an English match.

I heard Marcel Desailly(fink dats how u spell it) yesterday, i was impressed at how well he knew the game. Talking about formations and that.
He knew what he was talking about and made good relevent points.

Evert ten Napel from Holland is by far the best. BBC should sign him and let him call the games in Dutch.

They're all shite if you ask me. For all their collective years of experience they never go into any depth above the level of pub chat.

"Oh yes, see how Beckham whipped in that cross? He's so deadly from these set pieces."

No shit Sherlock. You've only been saying that since France '98, possibly before. Why do they never talk about anything other than the obvious? I'd like a video-aided inquest into why he doesn't bury direct free kicks anymore. That would make good viewing 8)

ITV can't pronounce names right... and the BBC commentators don't know anything about foreign football, when a new player from say Serie A comes in the prem' they have no idea about him, have to give us stupid facts, which we already know! [well i do anyway :S] Like when Kuyt joined liverpool asking him how to pronounce his name... and they still got it wrong!

I could do with more than one person (Hansen) who knows his football. The world cup is always a disappointment - they spend millions on it, but can they get one measly interpreter so we can interview players after? Nooooooooooo....we have to listen to inane stereotypical babble, too much focus on England and too much fawning over what were a fat Brazil.

Jonathan Pearce is comparable to listening to fingernails go down a blackboard - why use 1 word when you can use 1000 Jonathan?

ITV - David Pleat - Why? Always gets the names wrong despite being in the game for 30 odd years.....Silly cotton bud mikes, and daft idea putting Ally McCoist and Andy Townsend on the corner of the ground pre-match. Gabby - ordinary.

marsmanic said:
Like when Kuyt joined liverpool asking him how to pronounce his name... and they still got it wrong!
I just save the hassle and call him Dirk Kunt.

How patronising is John Motson? Honestly, it was embarassing listening to him as a very tactically astute and well organised Macedonia team nearly came away with a win. Well played Macedonia. Motty - time to get the fact books out and start to swot up, so we know a little bit more than one of the midfielders plays for Lazio.

Hansen isn't that bad, what about the first time he said "have it.":lol: that was funny; Motty trys his best to keep us entertained and he isn't bad besides I don't like Brian Moore, yes I know he's not alive but he wasn't a good commentator imo.

Back
Top Bottom