The best eleven ever

Now that's a class, charming and elegant man. George Clooney is crème de la crème.

I wonder why are we discussing men's (and women) beauty. Certainly a very interesting discussion but not for this topic. It's always a pleasure to talk about grace and glamour.

Back on topic:
69196_Fifa_Team.jpg

Last edited:
I saw her while surfing on the net by a coincidence. She caught my attention but to be honest she's average beauty which is hidden by heavy makeups I think. Nice body, hands down. :)

Yeah, dude. I was trying to surpass myself back then and mastering on the knowledge on international beauties. :P Chicks are all around, though. :)

This thread's getting out of the way indeed. :LMAO:

ok my team.. from players i would love to see playing together.. everyone at peak of their career...

---------------- Kahn ---------------

Alves --- Hyypia -- Maldini - R. Carlos

--------------- Makelele ------------

C. Ronaldo --- Gerrard ----- Zidane

---------- Messi ------------------

--------------- Ronaldo -----------

That smiley is damn funny :LOL:
Actually yes. She's a facemaker & only makes handsome footballers (no offence for her).
Now man save the thread and post your XI!

---------Schmeichel-----------
Maldini--Baresi--Nesta--Cafu
----------Redondo----------
------Xavi-------Iniesta---
----------Messi-----------
--Maradona-----Ronaldo

not sure whether to swap Maradona and Messi in regards to positions maybe.

No long term perspective in those two last posts...
What about Di Stefano, Eusebio, Best, Yachin, Pele, Garrincha, Cruijff, Rensenbrink, Beckenbauer, Muller, Zico, Bobby Moore, Carlos Alberto, Platini, Fillol...

People tend to overrate present players... Of the present players only Messi would be in my team...and i'm not even sure (not that i doubt him, he is without a doubt among the very best players ever).

Is Schmeichel better than Yashin (probably)
Are Baresi and Nesta better than Beckenbauer, Moore and Scirea (i doubt it).
Is Redondo better than Neeskens (yes!!!, but he's one of my favourites).
Are Xavi and Iniesta better than Cruijff, Zico, Socrates, Rivelino: i doubt it

Ps: i don't want to pick on Younggun, i take his post, because it's the last...and the fact that nobody ever agrees on this, makes it fun. So don't take this reaction too serious (just like most of my other posts).

@YoungGun_UK

You better swap Cafu and Maldini first. :P

Your list looks quality indeed. Assuming that you witnessed Baresi's and Maradona's era, if you don't mind me asking, I'd like to hear from you about the likes of Sammer, Kohler or Bergomi and Desailly in their heydays and how you would find them in a comparison with let's say, Nesta as you prefer him to those players. Cause as I heard from one of my elder cousins, Sammer and Kohler are said to have been truly magnificent in every aspect of defence and a lot more complete, comparing 00's defender such as Nesta and Cannavaro. Not that I take it as an unquestionable fact but maybe given yours and others opinions on this subject, I'd make my personal opinion clear and accurate as much as possible.

@gerd

Man, you know, actually Glavisted has already given those XIs that imo, 90% of people here would absolutely agree to. I personally think that it's plain wrong for me to make judgements on players whom I didn't watch regularly in their good times so I picked an XI like that one, as you see. I know you frankly get my point of course.

Too much good players were in the history i cant pick 11.

Maybe would be easier to pick best english, dutch, spanis elevens and so on....
or an eleven from players who played in the PL, Seria A and so on...

Best eleven:

326461_Champions_League_Team.jpg

Bench: Maradona, Puskás, Beckham, Xavi, Platini, Beckenbauer, Lucio, Buffon

Favourite eleven:

326465_KS_Beselidhja_Lezhe.jpg

Bench: Bergkamp, Kluivert, Nedved, Ronaldinho, Makelele, F. De boer, Stam, Chilavert

Last edited:
ok my team.. from players i would love to see playing together.. everyone at peak of their career...

---------------- Kahn ---------------

Alves --- Hyypia -- Maldini - R. Carlos

--------------- Makelele ------------

C. Ronaldo --- Gerrard ----- Zidane

---------- Messi ------------------

--------------- Ronaldo -----------

Hyypia :LOL:

Your list looks quality indeed. Assuming that you witnessed Baresi's and Maradona's era, if you don't mind me asking, I'd like to hear from you about the likes of Sammer, Kohler or Bergomi and Desailly in their heydays and how you would find them in a comparison with let's say, Nesta as you prefer him to those players. Cause as I heard from one of my elder cousins, Sammer and Kohler are said to have been truly magnificent in every aspect of defence and a lot more complete, comparing 00's defender such as Nesta and Cannavaro. Not that I take it as an unquestionable fact but maybe given yours and others opinions on this subject, I'd make my personal opinion clear and accurate as much as possible.

mmmh, i wouldn't agree with your cousins honestly. sammer and kohler were indeed absolutely amazing, but i wouldn't say they were more complete than nesta and cannavaro. they were just completely different defenders, who played in a period when football was much different than today.
kohler was a world class stopper (to make it simple, a "stopper" is a cb a la vidic). he was truly magnificent in his prime. his heading skills were absolutely ridiculous. his anticipation was almost cannavaro-esque (wich is as close as u'll get to perfection, when it comes to anticipation)... positioning-wise on par with fabio. i believe the only difference between cannavaro's anticipating diagonals and jurgen's were due to timing: cannavaro's timing was freaking insane, kohler's timing was just not that perfect...... still, it's like looking for a pimple on botticelli's venus, as we're talking about a proper world class player. however he was not really what u would define a complete cb. the stopper position is quite a narrow, limited role, and jurgen was never more than a world class stopper.

moreover i wouldn't mention him alongside the absolute legends. in my personal opinion, to be worthy of the legend status, u gotta be absolutely unique. there was only 1 beckembauer in football history, only 1 baresi, only 1 nesta, 1 scirea. legends are uncomparable, not even to each others. no one is ever gonna be labeled "the new baresi", because if we'll ever get to see a cb as gifted as he was, then comparing this new awesome player to any other player (even a legend like baresi) would be unappropriate, reductive and degrading for both baresi and this new "legend in the making".
think of messi, no reasonable man would define messi as "the new maradona".... messi is just too good to be compared to anyone.... and so was maradona. that's why we use the label "legends" afterall: so we can remark their hall of fame status, without having to compare them to each others or rank them (wich would be impossible).
desailly, kohler, bergomi and sammer were amazing world class players, but they were not unique and uncomparable to any other cb in history, so i wouldn't call them legends.

sammer imo had a great luck, because he was a libero in a time when liberos were becoming an endangered species. the 90s were a decade full of changes. sacchi's revolution (1988-1990) had changed the very concept of defending for ever and that, combined with the growing importance of the offside trap in coaches' gameplans, meant that there was no place anymore for a libero on a football pitch.
the thing is, matthias was actually so fucking good at his job that, even though from a tactical point of view his very presence on the pitch was a liability, it was just impossible not to line him up anyway.
so credit to sammer for being able to emerge and separate himself in a time were liberos were just disappeared from the scene.... but that was also quite a lucky coincidence for him. because, since he was basically the only great libero in the world, he got huge praises and accolades. much more than he actually deserved. if only he had been born 10 years before (when the libero was the cornerstone of basically every defensive line and there were dozens of great liberos all over europe), his history and his reputation would have been very different.

mind u, i'm not saying sammer wasn't a great player. he was a world class player.... and would have deserved the "world class" label also if he had played during the libero's golden era.
but a legend? no. there already are 3 legendary liberos in football history (beckembauer, baresi and scirea) and, as good as sammer was, he was just nowhere near as good as them. not even close. and i have watched plenty of baresi, scirea and beckembauer (even though i was born only in 1980), so i know what i'm talking about (like u, i also find it unappropriate to judge players u haven't seen enough).

anyway, like many already stated, this is no scientific matter and there are no undebeatable certainties, so my opinion is just as valuable as anyone else's (including your cousins').

I'd easily slot Thiago Silva into my team, which I haven't made. I know it's a crazy call to make, but after watching him for about 4 years, I really haven't rated a defender that highly for a while. He has everything a defender needs. Pace, technique, power, aerial power and great ability to read an attacker. When he plays, he counts for two defenders.

I'd love to hear what some Brazilians think of him.

Last edited:
No long term perspective in those two last posts...
What about Di Stefano, Eusebio, Best, Yachin, Pele, Garrincha, Cruijff, Rensenbrink, Beckenbauer, Muller, Zico, Bobby Moore, Carlos Alberto, Platini, Fillol...

People tend to overrate present players... Of the present players only Messi would be in my team...and i'm not even sure (not that i doubt him, he is without a doubt among the very best players ever).

Is Schmeichel better than Yashin (probably)
Are Baresi and Nesta better than Beckenbauer, Moore and Scirea (i doubt it).
Is Redondo better than Neeskens (yes!!!, but he's one of my favourites).
Are Xavi and Iniesta better than Cruijff, Zico, Socrates, Rivelino: i doubt it

Ps: i don't want to pick on Younggun, i take his post, because it's the last...and the fact that nobody ever agrees on this, makes it fun. So don't take this reaction too serious (just like most of my other posts).

Well ofcourse theirs always going to be players missing and prefered. Beckenbauer could probably come in but I wouldn't change any others, that quartet of Xavi/Iniesta/Messi are not only legendary players but the way they work with and without the ball is something I would dare a team to try to pass around, Maybe Im wrong but its all about opinions.

No love for rivaldo, Dennis Bergkamp or Thierry Henry...Not good enough?

There are at least 20 forwards better than those 3.

Take Bergkamp (a great player, let there be no misunderstanding about that) in Holland i see at least 3 forwards better than him: Rensenbrink, Cruijff, Van Basten.

Rivaldo: there must be at least then better Brazilian players than him (Pele, Garrincha, Zico, Ronaldo, Leonidas, Carlos Alberto, Socrates, Tostao, Rivelino, Jairzinho, Kaka,...)

Henry is IMO one of the 5 best French players ever (Platini, Zidane, Fontaine, Henry, and Fontaine's team mate in 1958).

There are at least 20 forwards better than those 3.

Take Bergkamp (a great player, let there be no misunderstanding about that) in Holland i see at least 3 forwards better than him: Rensenbrink, Cruijff, Van Basten.

Rivaldo: there must be at least then better Brazilian players than him (Pele, Garrincha, Zico, Ronaldo, Leonidas, Carlos Alberto, Socrates, Tostao, Rivelino, Jairzinho, Kaka,...)

Henry is IMO one of the 5 best French players ever (Platini, Zidane, Fontaine, Henry, and Fontaine's team mate in 1958).

I think people have something against Rivaldo..maybe he was to low key...I wouldnt say kaka was better than him.

Time and time again rivaldo would score and set up goals in the big games. ANd great goals. Very underrated.

A good read

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/19/barcelona.brazil

Last edited:
Arguably, I'd put also over him to Faas Wilkes.

I wouldn't put Kaká over Rivaldo but I'd add to the list of attacking players to Zizinho.

I'm agree he could be on the top, but there I'd put definitely to Kopa over him. Near to Tigana and Thuram.

Rivaldo suffers from being in a under performing Barcelona team as well as at National level overshadowed by Ronaldo.

I always rated him and think he was amazing. He WAS Barcelona at one point, and was key in the WC. Remember his winners against Belgium and equaliser vs England in WC2002? Was key for that WC.

-------------Oliver Khan----------
Dani alves--Puyol--Maldini---Roberto Carlos
--------------Patrick Vieira---------
Xavi Hrndz.----Leo Messi------Z.Zidane
---------Maradona--Ronaldo Naz.

Bench:
Casillas (khan)
Thuram (alves)
Hierro (puyol)
Bekhenbauer (Maldini)
Cafu (R.carlos)
Makelele (Vieira)
Iniesta (Zidane)
Redondo (xavi)
Del Piero (messi)
Ronaldinho (maradona)
Pele ( ronaldo)

Rivaldo suffers from being in a under performing Barcelona team as well as at National level overshadowed by Ronaldo.

But surely this proves his quality.

He single handledly won Barca most off theri games in that era..

NO rivaldo=no barca win.

A bit like Robin Van persie for asrenal these days lol....but rivaldo was doing it at higher level and bigger games.

Back
Top Bottom