The best ever WE game (PS2)?

Mauras

Premiership
7 October 2002
Well, the main reason of this post is because last night while running a WE meeting with some friends we decided to give it a try at Classicos 2004 for WE7 Int...

After a few games I didn't feel that usual akward feeling you have when you go a version back enjoying the game, enjoying the graphs (in fact in his new Sony LCD TV/Pc Monitor WE7Int looked a lot sharper and good than WE8LE) and most of all enjoying the playability once again.. the fluid passing, the lack of that dodgy feeling this year versions somewhat deliver, the better overal crossing...

In previous years when I tried back a version the feeling would be negative. For the first time I played a version back and really had the feeling of playing a better game, both in graphs and playability.

So my vote goes for WE7Int as the best ever since the game arrived on PS2.

Winning Eleven 6.FE By far was the best game it had the biggest impact for all versions & the great Patches avalible were from the top draw ie. The Premership Patch, Classico, & a few others always stood out

The only problem is your always best leaving the past alone as you may not like what you find!!!!!

Im with WE7:INT too.

I still play it loads. Just really hard to find a decent patch with it or finding new kits to put into the game.

Cant beat scoring from miles out ;) and the keeper animation is better than WE8:LE imo

Adonis said:
Im with WE7:INT too.

I still play it loads. Just really hard to find a decent patch with it or finding new kits to put into the game.

Cant beat scoring from miles out ;) and the keeper animation is better than WE8:LE imo

Did you check WEFantasy X-Patch FINAL for WE7IJ...

The best WE patch of all times IMHO.

Ive actually only just recently got into WE7:Int as I was away when it was released so never gave it a chance. That was mainly because when I got back WE8 was a month away from release so didnt bother.

I picked it up about 2 months ago from play asia for £15 (bargain!) and havnt been able to put it down. Ive managed to get the redux patch coz my mate had it, but its full of bugs so cant really rate it.

I cant seem to find any decent patches for it anywhere :(

You know any places to look?

Thanks

i still play

we7 with wendetta patch, its really fun.

I sometimes wonder what it is like to play the older versions.

Sometimes i try the older versions.

I then go WTF and go right back to LE.

My mate just said Winning Eleven 3 on the PSX.

Anyone played it? was that ISS Pro 2 over here?

Ridicoulous thread.

Best game ever? Surely WE LE.

Someday try to open a thread asking if we prefer SEGA Genesis or SONY PS2.

Stay Well, bye

Notty said:
Ridicoulous thread.

Best game ever? Surely WE LE.

Someday try to open a thread asking if we prefer SEGA Genesis or SONY PS2.

Stay Well, bye

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

WOW i am surprized no one has voted this one the best of ps2:
the first one:
WINNING ELEVEN 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1best one for me!!!it was the hardest one to drible and the more tatical game in the ps2 ive seen, just because it was the same gameplay of the previews versions of psx, wich all WE were better than any WE afeter WE5

the best evar?
WE4 - u23!!

but definatly we5 had me!..i couldnt stop playing.i evan loved the "look like" oficial kits they had..i remember Juve with that lotto kit with a yellow square on the shoulders..nice!! and i remember the most fearlous stirker of WE era : BATIGOL...mas that man could shoot!
WE5 was the best..
did you like it Mauras?

i also enjyed WE6 fe...after that i though WE got in the wrong direction..ARCADEsH...maybe cause of the Konami osaka fusion..

WE6FE was cool and WE5FE too. The fact is that FE versions always rule, pretty stupid in terms of oportunities given to the european players. The buddies playing PES already see it every year as the best but if only they would get acess to a decent FE... never quite got this from konami.

Nevertheless I must tell you for example that when I tried WE6FE after playing WE7 and WE7Int I really noticed less quality, while last night, when I picked WE7Int with Classicos 2004 I really couldn't say which was the best.. WE7Int or WE8 LE.. sure the recent one has more animations (better graphs? don't think so, try both on S-video cable on a nice tv and you'll see my point), but in what regards to the CORE of football, the passing, the teamplay, the crossing, etc I suddently found myself enjoying the previous one over WE8 LE. Opinions.

Notty - It's the second stupid remark you make on my comments. I'm really used to having portuguese kids mocking me (only explanation I can find is that in our country we are like crabs, when one climbs a bit higher the others try to bring him down instead of doing the same) but keep this in mind kid: I'm not a super player of WE. I'm not the best patchmaker. In fact I'm pretty much another fan of WE. But be sure that Mauras is a name that many, many WE fans know and Notty is and always will be the name of another kid who just finds it funny to make childish moves on grown up threads.

PS - hope this time the moderators see the point of my reply, cause it's the second time this kid leaves a lame comment on my forum participations.

Mauras said:
PS - hope this time the moderators see the point of my reply, cause it's the second time this kid leaves a lame comment on my forum participations.

I did see your point before, but I doubt there's any relation between internet boards and other people's sex lifes. Just don't feed the trolls, he's on our watch list now anyway.

I like the final versions. WE6FE, WE7I and WE8LE still my favourites. Good times playing WE6FE LusoWEdit... :mrgreen:

SPiTFiRE[NN] said:
I like the final versions. WE6FE, WE7I and WE8LE still my favourites. Good times playing WE6FE LusoWEdit... :mrgreen:

those were the days.. almost I admit those lusowedit big 3 were a bit overrated but.. what great matches one could make with them :).

The patch that gave me most joy was Classicos WE6FE by Honome... I remember me and my friends doing a straight night without sleep just trying all the teams endlessly.. it was a joy without description.

I know a lot of ppl felt the same rush playing Classicos 2005 but as you can imagine it's tottally different once it's you behind the patch, you lack that sense of "wonder" when it comes out, although I still feel proud today about it... no match for that intro video :).

I enjoyed WE6FE the most I think. It's hard to say if it's just me having played the game for too long by now, but I liked every new version since then a little less besides the improvements they had.

As brunnoce mentioned, credit must be given to WE5 though. I still remember the enthusiasm about seeing the happy transition of WE from PS1 to PS2.. it could have been disaster but it was quite cool and fun. It was a great moment trying it for the first time.

Speaking of the older versions, and alhtough I started playing even earlier, I remember all the fun I got from ISS Pro Evolution 1 and 2, what great evenings those provided.

Iss Pro evolution 2 on the PS1 - i know this isnt a winning eleven game but this was arguably the best football to come out of konami, licenses were virtually non-existent and the game was still amazing!!!!!!!!! Konami really need to get back to basics and build from there!

Mauras said:
I remember me and my friends doing a straight night without sleep just trying all the teams endlessly.. it was a joy without description.
QUOTE]

WOW!!
golden WE era!!
i used to do that with my m8s too!!!
but that was back in WE2000 U23 or any we4 and only WE5 for ps2!!!.. i jsut couldnt stop playing..

i rember i didnt really care about perfect kits and stuff like that, mostly cause the look like kits konami used to make were so cool, and look awnsonme in game ...also, i loved the old TV camera..wich was from a higher view of we8 tv camera..and waht about the replay camera..they torally scrol it with we8! of course those arent major things..but still..
one more thing , i would notice much more diference between players back in the psx day evan though the rating were only to 19 instead of 99, it was much better..i rmember that none would cath Ronaldo(fast as ligh back in those days) and batistuta had a sniper in his foot...(he had 19, 19 for shoot power/acccurance) ...those were the days!
i really feel that Konami Osaka is the one to blame, when you see the arcadish stille get in WE series..althou Konami Tokyo(WE developer) was aways too lazy about the leagues structure and other stuf, theier gameplay was aways getting better in little nice touches..i remember the transitions between WE4 and we2000 U23...just few thing would change in the gameplay, but things that by the end of the day were major things..not bullshit flipflap moves and circous thing like nowdays..

brunnoce said:
Mauras said:
I remember me and my friends doing a straight night without sleep just trying all the teams endlessly.. it was a joy without description.
QUOTE]

WOW!!
golden WE era!!
i used to do that with my m8s too!!!
but that was back in WE2000 U23 or any we4 and only WE5 for ps2!!!.. i jsut couldnt stop playing..

i rember i didnt really care about perfect kits and stuff like that, mostly cause the look like kits konami used to make were so cool, and look awnsonme in game ...also, i loved the old TV camera..wich was from a higher view of we8 tv camera..and waht about the replay camera..they torally scrol it with we8! of course those arent major things..but still..
one more thing , i would notice much more diference between players back in the psx day evan though the rating were only to 19 instead of 99, it was much better..i rmember that none would cath Ronaldo(fast as ligh back in those days) and batistuta had a sniper in his foot...(he had 19, 19 for shoot power/acccurance) ...those were the days!
i really feel that Konami Osaka is the one to blame, when you see the arcadish stille get in WE series..althou Konami Tokyo(WE developer) was aways too lazy about the leagues structure and other stuf, theier gameplay was aways getting better in little nice touches..i remember the transitions between WE4 and we2000 U23...just few thing would change in the gameplay, but things that by the end of the day were major things..not bullshit flipflap moves and circous thing like nowdays..

Yeah man i really miss those days. THe older games had the stats out of 10, 9 being maximum! ROnaldo- Owen -Sheva. WHere the best in the game. COz all of them with a speed of 9. Bergkamp and batistuta had the power man.

Back
Top Bottom