The best show on television... and another show too.

EatonTJ

Why Today Doesn't Suck.
11 April 2002
Okay, as far as I can tell this show has never been mentioned on these forums... "The Shield".

It's the greatest cop show ever, I'd say the greatest show ever. We're at season 5 now and with the upcoming season to be the last (in my opinion). I just purchased season 4 a few days ago and finished my marathon of watching it over the weekend and I must share my joy with you lovely Evo-Webbers.

Feel free to join in and post if you've seen it, otherwise, do yourself a favor and grab it. You can purchase the first 4 seasons on DVD (season 5 soon) and of course each season is availible at the usual places on this interweb thingy. My only word of caution to those wishing to enjoy an evening of cop justice is that the show is extreme... so watch out. *Note, the first episode is the weakest of the series... I assume it's because it was the pilot*

Show number 2 is "Rescue Me"

Great show brought to you by Dennis Leary. The show is about a NY Firehouse and the crazy hijinks and shananigans. Full of great one liners and smoking hot chicks, plus a lot of crazy irish fighting/drinking/etc. Gotta love it.

This show is just kicking off season 3 on FX (same network as the Shield) and you could order/intersteal the first 2 seasons at your leisure. FX is really putting out some great shows besides "The Shield" and "Rescue Me". There's also "Nip/Tuck", "It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia", and "Thief"... the first two are great as well and "Thief"s okay as well for those who like to download everything on the net.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• B00006RCNW.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B00006RCNW.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 9
  • B0008JIJ1A.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1115364095_.jpg
    B0008JIJ1A.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1115364095_.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 10
Seen some Rescue Me episodes and its not bad. Quite enjoyed them.

I still prefer shows such as Lost, Prison Break and CSI Vegas though.

Milanista said:
Seen some Rescue Me episodes and its not bad. Quite enjoyed them.

I still prefer shows such as Lost, Prison Break and CSI Vegas though.

I watch all those shows as well, but I think Prison Break turned out to be pretty weak after starting out very strong.

Seriously though, watch the Shield.

Stan said:
"The Wire"!!!!!
Best ever...

Another good program.

Also, if any of you watch "The Unit" (new military special forces show, pretty cool as well) its co-producer is Shawn Ryan who created "The Shield". Yet another reason to try it out, you assholes.

I want someone to be thanking me by the end of the week for turning them on to this show.

I remember watching an episode of this a while back. Must have been on about 2am on C4. It was about some latin racist thing and the other cop pissed on someone, thats about all I remember. It was pretty good though.

Rescue Me is awesome. I always laugh when I see the face of the hero, Tommy. Denis Leary is a great actor.
I'm very happy to follow the 3rd season, the same with Deadwood. 2 great shows, it makes me remember the poor cancellation of Carnivale, for no reason :(.

Yeah I like the shield, good show. Rescue Me, I have never seen. It's never been aired here. They all got nothing on the Sopranos though!

Rescue me is good show but that cop show where dennis leary was before Rescue me was better. He was better as a cop, doesn´t fit as a firefighter.

All good dramas. I particulary like the Shield, but it stopped airing here after Season 3 I think it was, so I'll get it via other means. Although, I always preferred 24. I've watched The Unit and thought it was disappointing.

Regardless, I steer clear of TV in the summer, so the only thing I've been watching is Entourage (3rd season). Full of great one-liners and smoking hot babes.

I've gone off Lost and The O.C, Prison Breaks gone off so what am I left with.....

well, basically, I've been watching a lot of Paramount lately, Two and a Half Men, Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens.

oh and that old favourite South Park

Lost
Prison Break
All the CSIs

Basically I watch too much telly but its fuckin good telly

CWright said:
Lost
Prison Break
All the CSIs

Basically I watch too much telly but its fuckin good telly

That's pretty much my TV schedule (although obviously throw in the Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck short rotations as well) but I'm thinking about dropping Prison Break. The show never lives up to its promises in the trailers and moves a bit too slow for me.

But that said, I'll probably watch it anyway.

All this made possible by the greatest invention of this generation... TIVO.

Series 5 of The Shield starts here on Friday night, I missed most of Series 4 though due to Channel 5 moving it around the schedules but I will catch up with it now

joostebrood said:
Growing Pains

Not as funny as "Roots", but sill, I give you a "Ha" because I can still remember the theme song.

CWright said:
Series 5 of The Shield starts here on Friday night, I missed most of Series 4 though due to Channel 5 moving it around the schedules but I will catch up with it now

Season 5 is even better than 4, which is also great.

i second " the wire" best cop show ever IMHO, though i do love the shield, i love the fact that each 12 hour series of the wire deals with mainly 1 case

For those of you that are/were Arrested Development fans (the show, not the music), then check out "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".

This show is ridiculous and can be found on the FX network (for US residents) or online in the typical locations.

Highly recommended for anyone with good bandwidth.

the wire is awesome! when is that comming back, im am utterly amazed at the coverage you guys get in europe, I grew up in germany on a military base, and all we friggin got was armend forces network, and german shows staring hans and deiter who would cook weird food and shit.... its amazing how far things have come...

csaunders said:
cmon, admit y ou guys watch "The Hills"

Well, my wife watches "the Hills"... my only occupation is studying for the bar.

Weee.

recently i cant stop watching brainiac science abuse repeats off sky. i know its supposed to be for kids but it makes me laugth apart from that cock who was in big brother.

I caught the start of season 5 of The Shield and have been watching since (think we're about 5 epsiodes in over here). Wish I'd seen the previous 4, will have to get a hold of them on DVD. :/

Not really seen any of Rescue Me. I love Lost, probably my favourite series. Missed Prison Break initially but they're showing them from the start on UKTV Gold so I've been watching that too. Started out really well but has dropped a level in the past few episodes. Still compulsive enough to watch each week though.

The Sopranos is truly excellent, can't wait for it to start again over here.

Smallville can be good at times, but about 70% of each season is absolute fluff, with no substance and is completely seperate from story progression in the series as a whole (I'm talking about random meteor rock freaks who try to do something insane, which Clark then deals with and we never hear of them again).

Think the CSI shows are a bit naff. It feels like TV for eejits at times when in every episode they have one forensic expert explain to another forensic expert exactly why they've done this or done that, so the viewer can understand the process. If they're experts they wouldn't have to explain this to each other every week, they already know (I know it's picky but it shows a complete lack of decent writing IMO)!

24 was interesting for the first dozen episodes or so I watched (end of season 2/start of 3), until I realised it's the same thing over and over again. CTU chase down apparent terrorist threat for a few episodes, eventually find out that wasn't the real threat but was used as cover for a bigger one. CTU chase down new threat, and find out that wasn't actually the real one either, it was something different again. Rinse and repeat. Plus Jack Bauer putting on this voice that gives the impression he's constipated everytime he has to speak really annoys me. I think 24 is one of the most average shows I've ever seen hyped to such a level.

I love Battlestar Galactica though, so what do I know? ;)

FRACK YOU! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom