Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters
N

ninjabreakz

What would you consider to be the biggest and most famous (not most financially rich) and most globally known football club in the world? Discuss.

Edit: Sorry guys, missed the mighty AC Milan in the poll, not intentional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The biggest club in the world?

BOCA JUNIORS!

Dale Campeon! As many international titles as Independiente, Real Madrid and AC Milan, Maradona's team, and the best on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

At the 60's was Benfica and Santos, but now they're Chelsea and Barça without any doubt. :)

Dpeends what constitues the biggest club?

The biggest average attendance.
The most fans worldwide.
The club with the biggest ground.
The club that has been the most successful within their country historically.

Real Madrid combines being the greatest team in history (trophies won) and being the most important club in Europe, with a great Asian presence (especially China, where it has a franchise team, and Japan), a lot of South America acknowledgement (something British clubs lack) and a great marketing and economic power.

Maybe they have the best combination of all key factors, hence my vote towards them.

Id say real madrid, many trophies won and some of the most famous players world wide (Ronaldo, Beckham, Zidane) that are even known by people that dont watch footall.

I'll have to disagree FD...
The biggest club is about more than just achievement.
To me for example Barcelona is a much bigger club than Real Madrid...
In fact Barcelona would be a very close second to Man Utd.

But it's all so subjective...

I think is Real Madrid, they have a great marketing in all the world and is the most famous (doesn't signify they have the big quantity of supporters).

Last edited:

Peter Eyres said:
Real Madrid
AC Milan
Liverpool
Man United

Top 4

I hate to say this but you cannot put Liverpool ahead of United (plus where's Barca!). United are the biggest club in Britain hence they must be ahead of Liverpool.

Has to Real Madrid. They are know all over the world, and their achievements speak for themselves. Their signings usually make headlines around the world.

Peter Eyres said:
Real Madrid
AC Milan
Liverpool
Man United

Top 4

Completely agree, but i'd add Juventus into 5th place.

I'd put Liverpool there due to their greater success than United on a European level. If not, i'd say the domestic power of United balances out the European power of Liverpool, and therefore they'd be tied.

Barcelona havent always been the same big club as of recent. They're often very hot and cold, and dont have a strong European pedigree that matches some teams like Ajax and maybe OM.

gerd said:
I'll have to disagree FD...
The biggest club is about more than just achievement.
To me for example Barcelona is a much bigger club than Real Madrid...
In fact Barcelona would be a very close second to Man Utd.

But it's all so subjective...

No probs mate, however I think otherwise and I don't even think it's a close thing.

I think Barca over the past couple of years have been the best team in the World, however if we're talking about history and famous, everyone knows the names of Puskas, Di Stefano and Gento from the marvellous Madrid team of the 50s/60s, however can you really run off a barrage of names from Barca of the same era, they're the names I can relate to from that era? Also I remember the names of Butragueno, Sanchez, Michel and Camacho from the 80s, I know Barca had the likes of Michael Laurdrup, Schuster and Maradona (although I think he really starred when he went to Napoli) but still think Real where the better then in the 80s for def. Barca did come to the fore in the early 90s taking over from the great Milan team (probably my fav team along with Holland at around that time) however I'm sure they've only won the European Cup once in 92 or 93. Then Real came to the fore with the Galacticos which have been very entertaining. Now Barca are changing again. Real have seem to be around the glory far more than Barca and surely that rubs off in a lot of people around the world.

FD

The poll actually says the most famous club....I think that that club is Man Utd, as their known everywhere ALL over the world.

Hard to judge here tbh, we're on a British site dominated with English people, therefore it's obvious that Man Utd will be up there. However as you can see a lot of foreign people have chosen other teams, therefore if it's based on world terms it's the non-brit's opinions that have more meaning than us Brits.

FD

mnutd?? hahaha

milan? hahaha

real madrid ? hahahahahahahahaha real madrid? hahahahahahha real madrid ? hahahahahahaha

ok ok ok....

Peter Eyres said:
Exactly. European greatness:

Real Madrid- 9 times winners etc
AC Milan- 5 times
Liverpool- 5 Time

So, are Nottingham Forest a bigger club than Arsenal or Chelsea?

I don't think Boca Juniors is the biggest in the worl... but from america for sure...

7 Amateur national championshios (1905-1931)
22 National championships
15 International Cups (Its the world recorn, also shared with Real Madrid, milan and Independiente, from argentina)

Boca is the biggest in America... and in the hole worl, I think it is Real Madrid, for its history, not fot its present

Peter Eyres said:
Exactly. European greatness:

Real Madrid- 9 times winners etc
AC Milan- 5 times
Liverpool- 5 Time
I think it hasn't any relation with the fame of the clubs, when Liverpool won the last Champions League mid world was surprised because although has a rich history wasn't one of the most famous nowadays.

I think the 5 most popular or known now are:

1. Real Madrid
2. AC Milan
3. Barcelona
4. Manchester United
5. Juventus

Probably too Bayern Munich and Inter.

In America, I don't know if is Boca, but it's possible; too River Plate, Santos, Sao Paulo and Peñarol.

where the fuck are arsenal? lol

anyway i went with real madrid, definitely at the top not only because they are well known but they have one major trophies throughout their history, something united failed to do.

Ari-Glavisted said:
I think it hasn't any relation with the fame of the clubs, when Liverpool won the last Champions League mid world was surprised because although has a rich history wasn't one of the most famous nowadays.

I think the 5 most popular or known now are:

1. Real Madrid
2. AC Milan
3. Barcelona
4. Manchester United
5. Juventus

Probably too Bayern Munich and Inter.

In America, I don't know if is Boca, but it's possible; too River Plate, Santos, Sao Paulo and Peñarol.
I agree with this 100%. His top 5 is more or less what it is or atleast should be.

Back
Top Bottom