The biggest derby in the world

Nah I know it isnt the biggest derby in the world (maybe just europe ;) ) but it is quite a biggy considering all the events in the 2 last season.

If anybodys got any predictions (biased or unbiased) I would like to hear them?

Cheers

I'll go for a draw, Villa are plating well at the mo but I don't think that means much in this game.

By the way, try re-naming the thread one of the biggest derbies in the Midlands ;)

The biggest derby in the world: FC De Hoek - SV Alsemberg or maybe the Old Firm :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8)

Oh and by the way, i hope Birmingham thrashes Villa...

Arsenal v Scum! I mean Spurs.
Villa are the form team and Birmingham can't score goals, plus there's the added insentive of the two defeats last season.

Four Four Two did a supplement a bit a go and the best 20 trips of a lifetime were to see matches :

AIK Solna v Djurgardens IF
Universidad de Chile v Colo Colo
Beijing Hyundai v Dalian Shide
Bayern Munich v 1860 Munich
NY/NJ Metrostars v DC United
Sparta Prague v Slavia Prague
Ajax Cape Town v Kaiser Chiefs
Olympiakos v Panathinaikos
Club America v Guadalajara
Marseille v PSG
Urawa Red Diamonds v FC Tokyo
Spartak Moscow v Lokomotiv
Sporting Lisbon v Benfica
Zamalek v Al Ahly
Ajax v Feyenoord
Roma v Lazio
Galatasaray v Fenerbache
Flamengo v Fluminese
Athletico Madrid v Real Madrid
Boca Juniors v River Plate

ainslm said:
Celtic v Rangers!!

Hands down!!

:mrgreen: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :l :) :mrgreen: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Sorry thats fukin funny. dont think you read the topic mate it said the best Derby in the world not the most over hyped!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Two_blindmonkeys said:
Sorry thats fukin funny. dont think you read the topic mate it said the best Derby in the world not the most over hyped!

or the most frequent.......

I know yeah, Dont these guys play each other about 12 times a season?

We do play each other too much but if you ever get the chance to go you won't be dissapointed!! The atmosphere is electric every time they play!

mon the hoops!!

I know:
Barcelona - Real Madrid (Spain)
AC Milan - Inter (Italy)
Roma - Lazio (Italy)
Boca Juniors - River Plate (Argentina)
Flamengo - Fluminense (Brazil)
Atlético Madrid - Real Madrid (Spain)
Celtic - Rangers (Scotland)
América - Guadalajara (México)
PSG - Olympique Marseille (France)
Ajax - Feyenoord (Netherlands)
Palmeiras - Sao Paulo (Brazil)
Independiente - Racing (Argentina)
América de Cali - Deportivo Cali (Colombia)
Universitario - Alianza Lima (Peru)
Peñarol - Nacional (Uruguay)
Manchester United - Liverpool (England)
Rosario Central - Newell´s Old Boys (Argentina)

Sundays game is massive, but id hardly call it the greatest derby in the world, cause when you look at our history it's pretty clear we're a much bigger club. One word somes this rivalry up.. Jealousy.!!!

We shouldn't really get into which derby is the 'biggest' or 'best', there are many things to consider. For example I know The Old Firm derby has nowhere near the quality of football other derbies do, but there are other derbies with a very high quality of football which don't have anywhere near the passion, or rather hatred, that The Old Firm does. Also, each person thinks their own team's derby is the biggest, always seems that way.

Also, it makes me laugh when people say "Barcelona vs Real Madrid", "Liverpool vs Man Utd", "Man Utd vs Arsenal", etc - they're not derbies :roll:.

Another point to think about is player trading, I honestly think when two teams who are meant to be bitter rivals trade players between themselves so freely it makes it plain to see it's hardly one of the bigger derby games. Examples of this are Seedorf, Helveg, Panucci, Coco in Milan, Houghton, Barmby in Merseyside, etc.

One of the most electrifying and most thrilling derbies in the world is without a doubt Red Star vs. Partizan. It doesn't matter which quality both teams have every single players runs for his life in these matches. :D

Barca Real, indenfitely

Someone should make a poll
barca real
Inter AC (milan derby)
Arsenal Chelsea (london derby)

SulphuricX said:
Barca Real, indenfitely

barca real
Inter AC (milan derby)

Ii never heard the term DERBY till this year, but doesnt it mean 2 teams from the same town/playing eachother? If so, how is Barcelona-Madrid a derby?

All of you need to remember that every time you make a minor mistake you confuse the American! :D

ghazi said:
SulphuricX said:
Barca Real, indenfitely

barca real
Inter AC (milan derby)

Ii never heard the term DERBY till this year, but doesnt it mean 2 teams from the same town/playing eachother? If so, how is Barcelona-Madrid a derby?

All of you need to remember that every time you make a minor mistake you confuse the American! :D

Those aren't derbies. Hotly-contested battles, no doubt, but not technically derbies. Derbies are matches between teams from the same city/town/region.

Doesn't seem to matter how many times it's said, people don't read - I pointed this out just before SulphuricX made the comment :roll:.

ClassicD said:
Doesn't seem to matter how many times it's said, people don't read - I pointed this out just before SulphuricX made the comment :roll:.

I saw it and you're right. I was basically repeating what you had just said.

Well everyone knows that Exeter City Vs Plymouth Argyle is the biggest derby in the world...:)

If only we didn't lose each time we play them....although it looks like we're not going to play them for a long time anyway.

I miss derby days, Vs Argyle was always a good atmosphere, Vs Torquay was just funny cos they've got no fans and Vs Yeovil would have been good, had we not crashed into the Conference. Ah well, theres always Weymouth next season :)

Back
Top Bottom