• Guadalajara -- América (México)

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

sonoman

Champions League
13 November 2003
México
Mexico / Türkiye
I know there was this thread about the greatest derbies, but I believe it doesn't has to be a derby in order to have GREAT rivalries...

My vote is defenitely to [highlight]Barcelona - Real Madrid[/highlight]

So, bring it on football tribe :cheers:

If your favourite one isn't in the list, feel free to tell us..

(Sorry if I made grammar mistakes, but I'm not a native english speaker) ;)

hey massacre_1907, i can only set [size=+2]10[/size] poll options, go bother somewhere else...

I voted Barça - RM, but I changed my mind.

It has to be Celtic - Rangers. Why? Hell, rangers fans were glad Porto won Celtic on the UEFA cup final!

Last edited:
Revan said:
I voted Barça - RM, but I changed my mind.

It has to be Celtic - Rangers. Why? Hell, rangers fans were glad Porto won Celtic on the UEFA cup final!
Which is why you like Rangers, right?

I pick Man Utd vs Arsenal.

sonoman said:
hey massacre_1907, i can only set [size=+2]10[/size] poll options, go bother somewhere else...

well the last one isnt "biggest" rivarly at all, at least not worldwide imo :roll:

Revan said:
No. And I don't like Rangers.
Seeing how you're from Portugal, I thought you supported FC Porto so if Rangers wanted Celtic to lose to you, you'd probably like Celtic too.

Maybe I'm just thinking too deep.

I think is Barcelona - Real Madrid but I like more to see an AC Milan - Inter.

Yeah. Milan derbys are good and the fact that they share a stadium adds to the excitement too.

The Milan clubs swap players more frequently then teenagers swap spit. That demeans the value of the derby for me. It's all subjective, of course. If you're a Milan fan that'll be your favourite rivalry. Realistically, I don't care, I would watch all of those games.

I'd add Red Star vs. Partizan to that and also, Al-Ahly vs. Zamalek. Great rivals.

That "rivalry" only started up about 2 years ago. Other than the fact that they're a threat to your title chances, you have no reason to hate them.
And there are many other teams in London so you cant argue that its a derby thing.

Man Utd vs Arsenal has history.

I'd say the Old firm, and Madrid vs Barca, as there is history which does not involve football behind them both.

The best London rivalry is Spurs V Arsenal.

The FIFA's "Worlds Biggest Derby Rankings"

1. River Plate - Boca Juniors
2. Inter Milan - AC Milan
3. Galatasaray - Fenerbahce
4. Panathinaikos - Olympiakos
5. Glasgow Rangers - Celtic

It's funny to not see Turkish and Greek derbies in the pool list. Also, I have never heard Guadalaraja and America teams names.

So strange!

It's all relative to your own team, so of course I think the Celtic-Rangers match is the biggest. It's not really possible to get a definative answer, a Boca fan will always think the game vs River is the biggest, and will never be convinced otherwise.

ClassicD said:
It's all relative to your own team, so of course I think the Celtic-Rangers match is the biggest. It's not really possible to get a definative answer, a Boca fan will always think the game vs River is the biggest, and will never be convinced otherwise.

totally agree with this!

I think the 2 biggest are Rangers-Celtic and Real-Barca it aint just a footbal game its a way of life a religion or a nationality very strong and hatred fulled but went for The old firm as my choice

RuneEdge said:
Seeing how you're from Portugal, I thought you supported FC Porto so if Rangers wanted Celtic to lose to you, you'd probably like Celtic too.

Maybe I'm just thinking too deep.

I'm a Porto supporter only! :mrgreen:

I just like seeing good football matches. I have preferences of teams in EPL, serie A, La liga, etc... But I really don't care.
For example in the EPL I like ManUtd and Chelsea, but not a big fan of Arsenal, thou they are a great team also, but If they won (again) the EPL I wouldn't be upset.
I don't like Celtic also, no because of the UEFA final but simply because I don't like their style of play - "ball upfront and faith in god". (Celtic fans don't take this as an insult, it's just the style I don't like :))

Bule said:
The FIFA's "Worlds Biggest Derby Rankings"

1. River Plate - Boca Juniors
2. Inter Milan - AC Milan
3. Galatasaray - Fenerbahce
4. Panathinaikos - Olympiakos
5. Glasgow Rangers - Celtic
Where can I see this official ranking?.

I'll go for Boca-River, and I'll tell you why.
Most other classics are from teams representing cities. For example, Barcelona vs Madrid. It is very passionate, but if you go to another city.. say.. Bilbao, you are most likely to find Bilbao fans, right? So the feeling decreases.

Boca and River is followed by fans all over Argentina, it divides a whole country in two. Wherever you go, there are more Boca/River fans than the sum of all other club's fans.

A Boca-River puts faces to face our two styles of football. Boca: whatever it takes to win and more, playing aggressively, with guts, defending advantage to death, winning by manhood. River: talented players playing beautifuly, more touches and more people into attack, always looking for another goal.

It doesn't matter which other club you support, you'll definitely take a stand for Boca or River because of their different styles.

I heard somewhere that Celtic vs Rangers has some sort of political or religion bakcground. That sounds interesting. It bet that can turn a simple classic into a very hot one, right?

Back
Top Bottom