The Cheapest Player in WE/PES History (aka I am FED UP with Adriano)

lumlum

Premiership
3 August 2003
MUFC
I am about to lose it! Here's the latest goal he scored against me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4AGvFHy9XM

I've reached my limit with this player! Game after game of him scoring near-impossible shots from every position, still running with the ball after I've won it from him many times in a row, overpowering the strongest defenders in the game, out-running the fastest defenders in the game, constant scoring from corners no matter how well you defend, and the mystical luck he seems to have, has finally reached the point of rediculiousness seen in the above goal.
Damn it, Konami! I know you guys love to give the Brazilian stars inflated stats, but this guy is worst than Rivaldo was!

I am about to lose it! Here's the latest goal he scored against me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4AGvFHy9XM

I've reached my limit with this player! Game after game of him scoring near-impossible shots from every position, still running with the ball after I've won it from him many times in a row, overpowering the strongest defenders in the game, out-running the fastest defenders in the game, constant scoring from corners no matter how well you defend, and the mystical luck he seems to have, has finally reached the point of rediculiousness seen in the above goal.
Damn it, Konami! I know you guys love to give the Brazilian stars inflated stats, but this guy is worst than Rivaldo was!

Happens to me everytime when I play against Inter!:(

True....i hate it when you put in a great tackle against top players and they STILL keep the ball.

All we can do is hope they make the next installment less unrealistic.

There gets a point where it stops being hilarious and you question why you buy the game... It is ridiculous, but unfortunately all games seem to be a waste of time online. If I play PES6 I get cutback kings and Adriano abusers, if I play Gears Of War I play people who must play the game 24/7 to get as good as they are, if I play Burnout Revenge they all start downloading something when the race starts so that they jerk like hell and you can't catch them...

There's no room in online gaming for the casual gamer. You have to play games every waking minute (or know all the cheats) to be good enough to have a fair game.

My nephew made me laugh the other day, he bought a game and after he'd paid for it said "this is so crap" - I said, why the hell did you just spend £20 on it then?? He replied, "because you can get the first 200 Gamerpoints on it dead easy"...

It's not about having fun any more, it's about "my virtual cock is bigger than yours". Ban Gamerpoints, I say!!

There gets a point where it stops being hilarious and you question why you buy the game...
Thats why theres a power button on the console. Use it before you lose it. ;)

It is ridiculous, but unfortunately all games seem to be a waste of time online. If I play PES6 I get cutback kings and Adriano abusers, if I play Gears Of War I play people who must play the game 24/7 to get as good as they are, if I play Burnout Revenge they all start downloading something when the race starts so that they jerk like hell and you can't catch them...
:roll:
Its not their fault for being too good for you, its your fault for not being good enough.

Thats why theres a power button on the console. Use it before you lose it. ;)
I do. Often. I've smashed too many cups over Football Manager, if I start doing it when I play other games then I'm going to end up locked up. :|

:roll:
Its not their fault for being too good for you, its your fault for not being good enough.
Sorry, but for me the point of playing a game is to have fun. What's to stop games companies including level-restrictions (optional, of course) so that you can set the game to only choose opponents of a level similar to yours? It's already in some games, it should be done across the board. Then the people who play games for a laugh are happy, and the people who quit their jobs to take over the world at Gears Of War are happy as well.

I have beaten Inter loads of times online with La Juve & Barca, I agree Adi's stats are way off the mark but trust me, they are beatable.

I've beaten them many times too, and I know how to handle cutbackers easily. The problem though is when Adriano scores whether you try to stop him or not.
If you look in the video, I blocked his initial header, he then knocked my defender down with herculian strength and did an overhead kick. I've played thousands of games of WE/PES across all the sequels, updates, etc, and I've never seen someone score from an overhead kick not once.
Adriano is on the game's cover, so I'm not too surprised he's that strong. Konami are also very lazy when it comes to updating stats, so if a player has a single amazing season chances are his stats will remain the same for awhile.

There's no problem with games that take actual skill, but the problem is widespread exploitation of glitches in games or unsporting behavior. And unforetunenately online gaming attracts alot of dicks.
Also, Microsoft have methods they implement to try and improve online match-ups, like that True Skill thing and the gamerzones (Pro, Rec, Underground), but I'm not so sure they are working. They also really need to add a player blacklist and not just this avoid player garbage that doesn't really work. I want to be able to never face certain players under any circumstances. And they should work on the game rep system, most people have full reputation because it's so easy to increase.

There gets a point where it stops being hilarious and you question why you buy the game... It is ridiculous, but unfortunately all games seem to be a waste of time online. If I play PES6 I get cutback kings and Adriano abusers, if I play Gears Of War I play people who must play the game 24/7 to get as good as they are, if I play Burnout Revenge they all start downloading something when the race starts so that they jerk like hell and you can't catch them...

There's no room in online gaming for the casual gamer. You have to play games every waking minute (or know all the cheats) to be good enough to have a fair game.

My nephew made me laugh the other day, he bought a game and after he'd paid for it said "this is so crap" - I said, why the hell did you just spend £20 on it then?? He replied, "because you can get the first 200 Gamerpoints on it dead easy"...

It's not about having fun any more, it's about "my virtual cock is bigger than yours". Ban Gamerpoints, I say!!

jack, you need to make friends who share the same goals as you online. I played jflores last night in some intense PES battles on the 360. I chose real zagoza and he chose deportivo, i beat him two games in a row in a home and away series. It was pure fun. Then I was Nantes and he was St Etienne... another epic match. I play raibow six with 6 guys from work, awesome times man... get some mates, play with them, online kicks ass when this happens..

jack, you need to make friends who share the same goals as you online. I played jflores last night in some intense PES battles on the 360. I chose real zagoza and he chose deportivo, i beat him two games in a row in a home and away series. It was pure fun. Then I was Nantes and he was St Etienne... another epic match. I play raibow six with 6 guys from work, awesome times man... get some mates, play with them, online kicks ass when this happens..

I couldn't agree with you more.

We had lots of fun last night indeed. It's all about playing with mates you know. I am all for fairness.

Hopefully, tonight will be my night in winning against csaunders.

Now, I have leave you guys for a news conference I have to attend to for loosing those two matches last night. I have lots of explaining to do to my fans. ;-)

Peace out!

Sorry, but for me the point of playing a game is to have fun. What's to stop games companies including level-restrictions (optional, of course) so that you can set the game to only choose opponents of a level similar to yours? It's already in some games, it should be done across the board. Then the people who play games for a laugh are happy, and the people who quit their jobs to take over the world at Gears Of War are happy as well.

Couldnt agree more mate too many people ruin the online experience by cheating on a game or choosing the best teams over and over it gets so boring,I would much rather play to have fun.:)

i still kick their asses, just put on man on man marking with a great defender like ferdinand

haha adriano made some of the finest goals ive ever seen againts me, lots of time, lots of times....

I agree Adriano is unrealisticly good... But it makes it even more enjoyable when you beat those pussies... I actually stop him with Senderos, Toure and Gallas, it's just about timing it right, of course he escapes ocasionally then i just pray he misses it, that's when i realize god doesn't exists! haha

he isnt as bad as ibrahimovic. once u play against inter on top level, expect to never touch the ball. his dribbling and balance is annoying.

but the biggest cheat character is rooney. yesterday, i scored from like 35 yards with his left foot. i was like wtf, that aint even right. nut i was still laughing at my friend cause he was pissed

the issue is the computer gives it winning all the time.

i am playing master league, inter is on my league and i can beat them twice 2-0 in a row. happily for me, adriano was on the bench and entered at the 75th minute. but somehow all the other teams in the serie bow to him because they never lose matches. I have beaten them twice and it's the only defeats they have had the whole season. how i am supposed to catch them if every season is the same?
what to do? cheat myself. when I lose myself; do not continue, just reload until the match is won.
bad for purist but that's okay by me.

Back
Top Bottom