The Christmas Thread!

E

El Diego

Hello darlings! I have served my prison sentence and I now return to this glorious place!

Where are you spending Xmas this year? What are you hoping for pressy-wise?

Best post wins a gift from yours truly!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best post wins a gift from yours truly!

Here's my attempt at best post, it's small, sturdy and a nice shape. Classic design. Also, the Xmas bow adds a nice little touch.

lamppost.large.jpg

Good thread Diego. Nothing sums the season up more than a model Coca-Cola Christmas house. :D

lgclaras.jpg

I. Hate. Christmas. So there you go. Probably not a thread for me.

Any occasion that encourages your family to descend upon you, laugh at how little you've accomplished with your life and how easy life is for young people nowadays, put their "best ever present, wow, thank you" Patrick Kielty DVD on your telly for everybody to "enjoy", and give you socks in return, whilst you're sitting there with your forced-on party hat not even being able to escape and do something infinitely more enjoyable just because "it's Christmas", is not an occasion that I look forward to.

Unless I get a Wii, a new telly or something that I would actually like, in which case, bring it.

Thing is though, I won't even get the wireless 360 pad I've asked about seven different family members for. It'll be Spongebob Squarepants: The Game from auntie Shirley (because "every game is the same"), three games I've already got from everybody else and a scar from when the tree falls on-top of me, but the kids were "only playing with it, don't be like that".

Roll on next bloody year.

Last edited:

Any occasion that encourages your family to descend upon you, laugh at how little you've accomplished with your life and how easy life is for young people nowadays, put their "best ever present, wow, thank you" Patrick Kielty DVD on your telly for everybody to "enjoy", and give you socks in return, whilst you're sitting there with your forced-on party hat not even being able to escape and do something infinitely more enjoyable just because "it's Christmas", is not an occasion that I look forward to.

Unless I get a Wii, a new telly or something that I would actually like, in which case, bring it.

Thing is though, I won't even get the wireless 360 pad I've asked about seven different family members for. It'll be Spongebob Squarepants: The Game from auntie Shirley (because "every game is the same"), three games I've already got from everybody else and a scar from when the tree falls on-top of me, but the kids were "only playing with it, don't be like that".

Patrick kielty, never watched much of this fella, but what i have seen of him all his jokes were about prodestant and catholics? are they still the same, they were funny last time i seen them:D

I could not help but laugh at your post JB, we've all been there mate. :lol:

I'm not a big fan of what Christmas stands for these day's but at least it creates a nice atmosphere.

Patrick Kielty's jokes tend to be along the lines of "when I say I'm from Northern Ireland, English people always put on the same Dublin accent that sounds nothing like the accent where I came from, it's the equivalent of someone telling me they're from Liverpool and me going, [Brummie accent] alroit mate!" - and "isn't it funny how all jockeys are short?". In other words, the unfunny kind of jokes.

So I'll be sitting there on Christmas day listening to a "hilarious" story about a Brummie jockey who thinks all Irish people sound the same, while my DVD sits in the corner. At best it'll be Family Guy, at worst it'll be Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie because it came half-price if you bought the game with it. "I thought you said you liked Spongebob Squarepants?" "No auntie Shirley, I said RAINBOW SIX VEGAS."

So I'll be sitting there on Christmas day listening to a "hilarious" story about a Brummie jockey who thinks all Irish people sound the same, while my DVD sits in the corner. At best it'll be Family Guy, at worst it'll be Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie because it came half-price if you bought the game with it. "I thought you said you liked Spongebob Squarepants?" "No auntie Shirley, I said RAINBOW SIX VEGAS."

I hate when people buy you a shite present and there standing beside you, you don't know what to say to them, but when you go to the kitchen you call them all the stingy ba****ds in the world:lol:

Totally agree about Patrick "Paddy" Kielty. He should stick to crap like Love Island because he really is a shite 'comedian'. When will TV bosses realize we don't want to watch this unfunny buffoon on our screens.

the only presenters i like is ant and dec:D there the best:applause:

I LOVE Christmas! It's just gonna be me, the woman and our two cats. I am cooking a great meal and get drunk all day in-front of the tv watching my wife play Zelda on the Wii.

Can't wait.

man you lost the real meaning jack... just get drunk dude, it will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun

I LOVE Christmas! It's just gonna be me, the woman and our two cats. I am cooking a great meal and get drunk all day in-front of the tv watching my wife play Zelda on the Wii.

Can't wait.

sounds good man, you sure sound like a guy who got bannend from here a while ago.... what is going to be your poision?

sounds good man, you sure sound like a guy who got bannend from here a while ago.... what is going to be your poision?

Well mate, I start the day with Champagne and smoked salmon with bagels, then I drink one or two lagers, then a nice bottle of wine with dinner, Jack Daniels in the afternoon, followed by a few glasses of Baileys and I end the day with a big fat Christmas spliff. :)

You sound like a man who likes to live the high life, good on you mate. ;)

Thankyou my friend.

This is such a nice thread! No arguments or flaming. God Bless you all. :applause:

Well mate, I start the day with Champagne and smoked salmon with bagels, then I drink one or two lagers, then a nice bottle of wine with dinner, Jack Daniels in the afternoon, followed by a few glasses of Baileys and I end the day with a big fat Christmas spliff. :)

man that sounds nice, i hope one year me and my lady will have a day of christmas to ourselves, too much family around here. Im going to the folks house in the am, opening presents. Im going ot start the day off with a nice stout with my breakfest, possibly a guiness or a sam smith oatmeal stout. Then its time to eat, and I probably will have a few american india pale ales with the apetizers. Next its time for the turkey! Im going to drink a nice chimay reserve or a another belgium. Then its on to the ladys parents house, probably wine, there not really beer drinkers, and if i bring out hte good stuff, they will be like, what the fuck is that? Probably only there for an hour then heading home. Going to smoke a big bowl then take the dog on a walk, come home and pop open a Gouden Carolus Noël / Christmas. Finish off the night strong. Loveley lads. Then on boxing day me and all my boys are getting together to watch football and play WE all day long.

Yeah it's my first Chrimbo with my woman. We can't wait. We doing the family thing on Boxing Day this year. :-)

I probably will have a few american india pale ales with the apetizers.

Dude,everything sounds sweet bar this (especially the Guinness in the am and the football/WE to round things off!), but how do you drink that shit? Are you talking about IPEA? Donkeys urine, direct from the source if you ask me, almost projectiled that day man, seriously.

Xmas? Dealing with family and then getting as high as possible for me. On what you may ask? My life, I guess, there may be a few different herbs and spices thrown into the mix also.

Last edited:
Christmas in Japan is a little boring. It's just a typical day here and people go to work. The wife will make English christmas dinner for me though. I have a few presents from England but they have written what's inside on the customs notes, so no surprizes there.
I think I'll drive north on christmas day as there is snow there and I can watch the wild monkeys playing in the river.

Can't wait.

Sounds like a good day to me m8, I have to take my two kids to her parents for dinner this year around 1pm. Sit with her family that I cant really be bothered with, listening to her mum talk about how wonderful things are and I should try them as she knows Id like them. Having her 55yo aunt try and look at the label of my jeans then ask if she can feel it. Talk to her granddad about something then listen to her uncle play Scottish folk songs on the guitar. Then I need to goto my parents house around 6-7pm sit on my arse and let my kids do what the hell they want precede to get steaming in the room with my brother and mates playing PES6 while my missus keeps asking me to be social, come and sit and talk with her, don't abandon her. It wasn't that when your aunt got her first wet patch in a year and wouldn't help me, when your mum (who is a patronising, ignorant, fat cow, ignorant, know it all, ignorant bitch) when your mum tried to tell me how I am supposed to heat a bottle wash a bottle or change a nappy(my eldest is 4 ffs), tell me what my own son likes for breakfast, tell me how he is a perfect angel at their house unlike our own. You put me through all that and now I am going to relax, the Zelda part will follow when I eventually get to my home.

On boxing day I goto my parents house for dinner so more PES6 all day long. :D

Last edited:
I don't know why but that really tickled me!! :lmao:

Me too, actually. It says 'football shirts, cosmetics and underwear.' I know the shirts are for me and the cosmetics for the wife but not sure about the underwear. If it's for her and it's nice then it's for me too I suppose \\:o/

Dude,everything sounds sweet bar this (especially the Guinness in the am and the football/WE to round things off!), but how do you drink that shit? Are you talking about IPEA? Donkeys urine, direct from the source if you ask me, almost projectiled that day man, seriously.

Xmas? Dealing with family and then getting as high as possible for me. On what you may ask? My life, I guess, there may be a few different herbs and spices thrown into the mix also.

im talking about Stone I.P.A. or maybe a Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale. AMericans took something the enlgish used to do good and made it great :) IPA's.... or India Pale Ale, why do they call it India? Because back when england had India as a territory or whatever, they wanted to ship beer to the soldiers there, in order for the beer to keep they had to add more hops and alchol so it would last on the ship. Hence India Pale Ale.

Back
Top Bottom