• Amphetamines (Speed, whizz, base)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • L.S.D (acid, tabs, blotters)

• Heroin (junk, smack, gear)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MDMA (E, happy, pills)

• Valium (downers, green eggs, sleepers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cannabis (smoke, weed, draw)

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Nothing for me thanks, I am clean.

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
MrCoopz said:
Exactly

I cant answer 100% straight about my own kids taking drugs because i have none but at this moment i would do the below but my views may change when i do.

When/if i have a kid and they asked about drugs i would tell them everything about my experiences and let them decide for themselves. After all if u say no they probebly will anyway without you knowing so at least i will educate them on it

Totally mate.

Well i have two kids and i can tell you i would be devastated i they took some hard drugs...i wouldn't mind pot and moderate use of alcohol...It ain't no use to preach against kids about how "bad" drugs are...young people want to try things and that in itself is a good thing...but i don't know how i would react if i knew my kids would take some hard drugs..
Two of my best friends have OD'ed on heroïn and died because of it...i have seen how dependent and inhuman they became because of the drugs and to be completely honest with you...i can't bear to see features about drug addiction on television or on paper...the last months of their lives my addicted friends were totally dehumanized...they hardly had any intact veins left over...
I don't know about the "newe" recreational drugs like XTC but i know that there is much bad stuff among it...it looks dangerous to me...but maybe that is because these are drugs from a younger generation...

Joost, maybe there are some artists who have done beautifull things under influence (especially in painting).
I'm not sure about music...well there is the country singer we both like (forgot his name, he sings with Emmylou Harris) and one beautiful album by Johnny Thunders (Hurt Me i think)...
Apart from that i'm not sure...The Doors??? i don't like them...
Oh...the best Stones albums...Let it Bleed, Beggars Banquet, Exile On Main Street and Sticky Fingers...
Most drug addicted rock stars are pathetic: Sid Vicious, Johnny Thunders, that idiot from Babyshambles...

Gerd:

Appetite for Destruction (Guns n Roses), Nirvana, the Band, Bob Dylan (at a certain time in his career). Probably many more.

But that's not the point, it was more to point out that drugs can, till a certain extent, expand your creative horizon. I've had that experience myself as well. What it also does with you is that it breaks you in the long run. Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, Kurt Cobain and many others have all fell victim to it. To give this discussion a new direction, when you look at the numbers, alcohol is a way bigger problem than drugs. Just look at domestic violence, accidents in traffic, violence in clubs etc. Then there's also the alcolhol-abuse related diseases. Drugs is usually not the biggest problem. Most of the time people who are on XTC for example, live in their own strange world without annoying others too much. That's basically my biggest problem when people talk about drugs. I'm not saying it should be legalized, but I do find it strange that alcohol is so accepted while drugs isn't worse than that at all.

Having said this, drugs can and eventually will fuck up your mind and body.

Ok Joost...i agree with you on alcohol...
And how could i forget the Band one of my favourite bands...(Music from Big Pink).
Nirvana: could have been great (especially like the unplugged album...what a great singer Cobain could be sometimes)...but Cobain and his holy professional widow both prove my point about pathetic rock stars.

Responsible drug-taking? :lmao: LOL..............

This from Joos is it in a nutshell....

joostebrood said:
Having said this, drugs can and eventually will fuck up your mind and body.

FD

I did some speed once (hey it was in Ibiza and a long time ago). Whilst the high was good the down was shit. I have never done it since as I felt the up wasn't worth the down, if you see what I mean.

I will just stick with booze ;)

drugs are bad - very, very bad...

it all starts off great when you're having a good time - but they WILL fuck your head up, eventually...

Back to the drugs part. There was a program on Dutch tv. In that program 2 guys did experiments. One with sex and sex attributes and one with drugs. The drug tester wasn't a user at all and did most of the drugs for the first time ever. It was quite interesting to watch actually. He thought speed was the worst drugs of them all, since you feel terrible the day after. Now this is exactly the reason why I've stopped taking drugs. The longer you use, the worse it will get. Sunday isn't too bad, since you're still half high, but Monday and Tuesday can kill you after a while. Now I wasn't exactly a heavy user, but I've found out exactly what the advantages and the disadvantages are. And believe me, there's a lot of of both. The big difference is, the advantages are mostly short term. Wha't I also find to be an advantage is that you develop a social instinct, you might want to call it street wise. This is not meant to sound tough, but it's true. It has helped me quite a few times. I'm not exactly sure what I want to say here, but it's just to point out a few specifics about drugs.

Last edited:
Interesting post Joost...
There was much talk about that program over here in Belgium (considered to be typically Dutch)...was it good or was it just sensational???

What you say about drugs is intresting too...if tried some things but i never was a real user (explained that in a post above).

The things you say about becoming street wise are intresting could you explain a litle bit more...do you feel more knwlledgeable in an instinctive way (i'm sure if we could discuss this in Dutch it would be less harder)

I know what you mean, Joost. You definitely see the other side of life if you take drugs, its like a secret club.

I think in the hands of the wrong people drugs can be a terrible thing. Personally I can deal with them in a social sense and stay well clear of highly addictive substances, thats when your life goes down the pan. Thats when they are at thier worst.

I only do coke and E and I do them maybe once a month. I dont drink all that much and have taken drugs for over 10 years with no real ill-effects, except perhaps a small hangover every now and again. My friends are all in the same boat as me. Maybe we will see some side effects down the line and thats something I am prepared for but for me drugs aren't a major problem.

I would like to say that as I know many people are not like me, I certainly dont want any drugs legalised. Too many people out there dont have my willpower or my lifestyle and get into smack or smoking crack and thats it for them.

P-dogg said:
Well, I stand by my theory that I am not a fool to take drugs, I am a risk-taker.

I am well aware of the negative side's of these drugs and the fool would be someone who said they weren't worried by them. I do however have enough experience with them to know that I need to be careful with them but can take and enjoy them, provided its done on the correct level.

IMHO I'd say pot was the worst as it really is the gateway. I dont like to think of myself as a fool, thats all ;)
pot is not a gateway drug, your just weak

gerd said:
Well i have two kids and i can tell you i would be devastated i they took some hard drugs...i wouldn't mind pot and moderate use of alcohol...It ain't no use to preach against kids about how "bad" drugs are...young people want to try things and that in itself is a good thing...but i don't know how i would react if i knew my kids would take some hard drugs..
Two of my best friends have OD'ed on heroïn and died because of it...i have seen how dependent and inhuman they became because of the drugs and to be completely honest with you...i can't bear to see features about drug addiction on television or on paper...the last months of their lives my addicted friends were totally dehumanized...they hardly had any intact veins left over...
I don't know about the "newe" recreational drugs like XTC but i know that there is much bad stuff among it...it looks dangerous to me...but maybe that is because these are drugs from a younger generation...

Joost, maybe there are some artists who have done beautifull things under influence (especially in painting).
I'm not sure about music...well there is the country singer we both like (forgot his name, he sings with Emmylou Harris) and one beautiful album by Johnny Thunders (Hurt Me i think)...
Apart from that i'm not sure...The Doors??? i don't like them...
Oh...the best Stones albums...Let it Bleed, Beggars Banquet, Exile On Main Street and Sticky Fingers...
Most drug addicted rock stars are pathetic: Sid Vicious, Johnny Thunders, that idiot from Babyshambles...
huh... stan are you serious, jeff tweedy from wilco, the ENTIRE grateful dead, Ray Charles, Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix, Duane Allman and the Allman Brothers, Carlos Santana, The Who, Prince, Lots and lots of rappers, The Birds, and i could go on but how about one more THE FUCKING BEATLES!!!!!

Gerd, it wasn't meant to be sensational, but it also wasn't good. For me it was just fun to watch, maybe others learned something from it.
About the streetwise thing... yes, Dutch would definately be better here. I'll PM you about it when I have the time.

csaunders said:
pot is not a gateway drug, your just weak

LMAO. Seriously mate, I am far from weak. I have smoked weed every day of my life for 12 years and I deal with it fine, I do see the dangers of it though. For me, over a period of time, it has the most negative efects out of all the drugs I take.

How can I be weak? A completely half arsed comment, try to think before you type. Oh and btw, I know you're a Yank but its 'you're' not 'your'. You + are = you're.

Last edited:
Alcohol is the worst drug

did you know most deatchs due to drugs happened while dringing alcohol?

But u dont see Alcohol getting the blame very often

rockykabir said:
LOL! Thankfully someone told him that... Its true, its almost like he just discovered the opposite sex

Oh shut up - I got the balls to post my girlfriend (who DID know I posted her and doesn't give a fuck) SO WHAT? Get over it and CHANGE the record. If you get a chance to have a dig at me you can't help yourself. Some people would think you are jealous! :lol:

P-dogg said:
LMAO. Seriously mate, I am far from weak. I have smoked weed every day of my life for 12 years and I deal with it fine, I do see the dangers of it though. For me, over a period of time, it has the most negative efects out of all the drugs I take.

How can I be weak? A completely half arsed comment, try to think before you type. Oh and btw, I know you're a Yank but its "you're" not "your". You + are = you're.

Don't be so fucking petty - if he wants to type 'your' he can! Oh and it's 'you're' not "you're". You bloody pot*-junky fool.

* Over-indulgence of cannabis leads to depression and the mind builds a dependency for it. Looks like P-Dogg 'House Of Pain' dude has got a drug problem, guys.

Haha. So true chaps, I'm a manic depressive with a huge drug problem. :lol:

Chap, I dont know if you realise but your constant need to prove to others how much of a man you really are does nothing but show what a fucking poser you are and I am positive you spend more time with your cock in your hands than any of these so-called geeks on here.

House of Pain dude? Do explain.. I mean, its not like you posted a thread asking what drugs we take, is it?

P-dogg said:
I smoke far too much weed and can't even get it up anymore. When I get home all I want to do is smoke a fat bowl of green. I think my avatar with the bong is really cool. I am still in that frame of mind of 'smoking weed is cool and I can roll a 6 skinner now, look boys! I think I need help

It's cool man, we are here to help.

Thats the funniest thing I've ever seen mate. Seriously, at heart you're a comedy genius, unlike the 5 year old you come across as. The funny thing is, all the stuff you rip the piss out of others for, you're actually guilty of yourself.

Why post this topic if people aren't allowed to share their experiences without your ridicule?

Why pretend you're funny and try and boost your own ego instead of actually answering my post? Its down to you lacking the brain capacity to actually do so. You're clearly only capable of terribly bad and rather embarssing attempts at humour.

Grow up, you silly little child.

Give me a kiss P-dogg you hiphop mofo! I bet you roll with your homeboys smoking da green on a Saturday afternoon?

I like you, give me a kiss baby.

Roll with the homeboys? Wtf are you talking about, stop trying to make a fool out of people all the time, it doesnt work. You end up looking like even more of a penis..

Awwww come on P-dogg! Supp blood? You my homeboy or not, bruv?

Back
Top Bottom