The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360, PC) NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Getting a bit bored of it now, everything seems to be about following somebody and it takes aaages. Yawn.

Can anyone explain the "persuade wheel" to me? I have no idea how you're supposed to use it (or even when, actually).

I started fighting at the arena...good stuff. I'd like to get a top class bow...any ideas where I can find one?

The persuade wheel is simple.
When you talk to ppl if they like you they will give you more info and some quests require this info e.g. the missing painting quest.

So you go to persuade the wheel has 4 options 2 are good and 2 are bad and the key is to select the good ones when the large piece of pie is on that section and the bad ones when the smaller piece is on.

Every time you choose one the pieces turn clockwise.

You can tell which are good and bad by looking at their facial expression before you choose it.

When you do it often you get the option to spin it once for free and maybe more later.

if you fail to get into the 70's 80's you can bribe them.

I've become so powerful now with magic that I can kill some creatures with 1 hit! Got a bunch of staffs (one lightning, one ice and one fire... that do upto 50 damage per hit). I also made my Katana have a lighning bolt of 20 damage on every hit.

I really hate recharging enchanted weapons as they cost a shitload... is there an easier/cheaper way?

And I heard a few opinions about becoming a vampire...sure seems cool. I think I'll probably prefer hunting them though when I reach taht point. I'm a wood elf by the way.

And do you know if we can handle a weapon in each hand?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not be a vampire!!! Its hell! You have to drink blood every night or else you die in the sunlight. You basically cant walk around much during the day, and people start to run away from you. Finding the cure took me years.

Jack Bauer said:
Getting a bit bored of it now, everything seems to be about following somebody and it takes aaages. Yawn.

Can anyone explain the "persuade wheel" to me? I have no idea how you're supposed to use it (or even when, actually).

If you're bored of going through the same conversation over and over again, you can boost your speechcraft quickly by just hammering the button repeatedly while moving the analogue stick in a circular motion.

Milanista said:
Do not be a vampire!!! Its hell! You have to drink blood every night or else you die in the sunlight. You basically cant walk around much during the day, and people start to run away from you. Finding the cure took me years.

I guess you become a lot stronger though...And does it have any reflect on you characters look? Red eyes and sharper teeth maybe...

(i'm still in the early steeps of the game, just wondering around a bit)

You start getting thinner and uglier, and people start running away from you. The only noticeable change I had was higher capacity and stealth. But apart from that it was a pain in the ass sucking blood every night and hiding in the dark.

yeah, probably it's best to take them all down.
and how about using weapons on both hands?

Dupe Glitch Guide

Heres the true guide and its simple.

1. OK have some arrows equipped
2. Go to unarmed mode and swing a punch
3. As soon as you hit the punch button RT hit the B button
4. Now choose a different kind of arrow by hitting the A button and you DO HAVE TO HIT THE A BUTTON AGAIN so the message comes up "You cannot change weapons while attacking"

Now a missing part of any guide is that the amount of arrows you have is the amount of Duped items you will receive (20 arrows will give you 20 potions easy)

Now drop the item you want to Dupe by pressing the X button

Another Important missing part is that you can only have 1 of the item you want to dupe.

Now when you go back to the game a whole bunch of duped items will fall to the ground Easy.

Good-luck

Still loving the game but I have a question:

I have been playing the game since it was released and have completed many quests but my level is still only at 3! Why is this? What do I need to do to increase it?

ninjabreakz said:
Still loving the game but I have a question:

I have been playing the game since it was released and have completed many quests but my level is still only at 3! Why is this? What do I need to do to increase it?

Don't you have a manual, mate? (page 27 in my german booklet) :)

You need to raise your seven major skills by a total of ten levels, then you'll have to sleep in a bed to advance in your level.

I cant get it for pc as the minimum requirements are:-

3Ghz Processor!
64mb Graphics Card
1GB RAM!

My laptop is only

2.8Ghz
64mb Graphics Card
192mb RAM

I'm level 7, and I've become Arch Mage as well as highest level (dunno what it is in English since mine is in Italian) of the dark brotherhood. Arch mage is well worth the work since you get to have an apprentice to follow you around as well as a nice hood and free materials!

I joined the Fighters Guild over the weekend and the initial quest is to kill some rats. However I can't seem to talk to the woman who owns the house. Is that a bug or am I missing a step??

You're meant to talk to her first, then kil the rats, then talk to her again.I'm not surprised if its a bug, because Ive found thousands throughout different quests and its incredibly annoying.

LemonJelly said:
I joined the Fighters Guild over the weekend and the initial quest is to kill some rats. However I can't seem to talk to the woman who owns the house. Is that a bug or am I missing a step??

Go into her house, head to the basement and kill the rats. Once you have done that then head upstairs and you should be able to talk to her

CWright said:
Go into her house, head to the basement and kill the rats. Once you have done that then head upstairs and you should be able to talk to her

If I did that then I would get arrested for breaking in. I had to talk to her prior to starting the quest to enable me to get into the house without getting nabbed by the guards.

This game is packed with bugs. I had a quest today that was faulty so I couldnt finish it. I emailed the makers and they told me it was a common bug, and that a certain procedure was needed. The bugs in this game are pathetically common, and I hope future game developers do more testing. Its extremely frustrating to find out you have to stop after 90 hours of play.

LemonJelly said:
If I did that then I would get arrested for breaking in. I had to talk to her prior to starting the quest to enable me to get into the house without getting nabbed by the guards.

Dont do it at night mate, it looks shifty ;)

CWright said:
Dont do it at night mate, it looks shifty ;)

This ^

The game ain't full of bugs - it's top-notch AI! Some things you have to do at certain times in a certain order. The rats one is fairly easy - wait until daytime and if her door is open it means you are welcome in. Go and speak to her and follow her instructions. :)

Thread revival(!)..I understand that there is a new downloadable expansion pack for those interested.

I must be one of the few people who really couldn't get into this game. I brought it second hand a few days ago and haven't played it since - the acting is overdramatic and the character models just freaks me out. What are those rats about?!

I guess you're either gonna love these games or hate em. I've read that the expansion pack is supposed to be amazing anyway for those who love this game.

Patience is the key to enjoying Oblivion. It's a deep game. If you want childish pick-up & play bullshit with the depth of a child's paddling pool, buy Crackdown.

This is amazing ,reading reviews and experiences from (last post 2007).
For me this game is something I missed back then.
Now with all sorts of 4k updates for Skyrim and an updated version of this game ,wonder how you all would feel if they were released 14 years ago?
We're talking OG Xbox and PS2 days.

So my time travel thing here will let you all back in 2007 know I'm going to play this real soon

Back
Top Bottom