The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360, PC) NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

N

ninjabreakz

This is going to be IMMENSE. Anyone else looking forward to it? Release date is set to March 20th.

927345_66171.jpg

I have seen the screenshots, videos, trailers etc and it looks REAL good. It is going to be such a hit. I have never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games though, can anyone give me more information?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360)

Yeah, here, waiting patiently for this gem. I'm a huge fanboy of Morrowind, so I think I'm not gonna need any other game for the rest of the year. Oh, except for Ghost Recon AW, that is. Bring it on, March!

Basically, the Elder Scrolls series combines HUGE (and I mean HUGE) terrain with tons of quests and secrets to discover. It's not linear, so you can do whatever you want. Stay to the main quest or just wander around and play it the way YOU want. There isn't any other role playing game offering a freedom like Morrowind. And since Oblivion is meant to be 1.5 times larger...terrific.

I've spent about ~200 hours in Morrowind now and haven't completed the main quest once. I'd really like to move there and live for the rest of my days.

Last edited:

How did Morrowmind play, Kezz?

Kezz said:
Yeah, here, waiting patiently for this gem. I'm a huge fanboy of Morrowind, so I think I'm not gonna need any other game for the rest of the year. Oh, except for Ghost Recon AW, that is. Bring it on, March!

Basically, the Elder Scrolls series combines HUGE (and I mean HUGE) terrain with tons of quests and secrets to discover. It's not linear, so you can do whatever you want. Stay to the main quest or just wander around and play it the way YOU want. There isn't any other role playing game offering a freedom like Morrowind. And since Oblivion is meant to be 1.5 times larger...terrific.

I've spent about ~200 hours in Morrowind now and haven't completed the main quest once. I'd really like to move there and live for the rest of my days.

Sounds AWESOME mate! :applause:

It isn't a 'turned-based' RPG though, correct? What are the fighting sequences like?

ninjabreakz said:
Sounds AWESOME mate! :applause:

It isn't a 'turned-based' RPG though, correct? What are the fighting sequences like?

Right, no turn-based crap. Realtime fighting, you see your sword/bow/whatever equipped in your right hand and shield/torch/whatever in your left. You swing the weapon depending on how long you pull and release the R-trigger.

Is it the type of game where I have to fight? It would be cool if I could hunt deer and sell it to villagers or something as well. Can you be a fisherman?

psfzola said:
Is it the type of game where I have to fight? It would be cool if I could hunt deer and sell it to villagers or something as well. Can you be a fisherman?

That would be awesome (hunting animals etc).

Can you be a fishmonger?

fish-monger_int_pic.jpg

he he he he he... lol..................................................................... or are you serious :mryellow:

Not long now guys! It's gonna take over my life!

Kezz said:
Right, no turn-based crap. Realtime fighting, you see your sword/bow/whatever equipped in your right hand and shield/torch/whatever in your left. You swing the weapon depending on how long you pull and release the R-trigger.
Not turn based crap?

It certainly was. Just because it happened in real time like the battles in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic doesn't mean that the fights weren't based off of turn based dynamics.

And either way you look at it the combat was crap! It was atmospherically crushing to get into one of those mish-mash fisticuffs.

As much as turn-based fighting is frowned upon it did Jagged Alliance and Fallout a world of good.

The latter BTW surpassing Morrowind in every aspect.

I found the world of Morrowind to be bland and uninspired. The inhabitants to be a collection of crazy and boring individuals devoid of life and soul. The amount of meaningless text you had to read in order to garner anything from the meandering around doing nothing of interest also seemed far too annoying as well.

When is out here?

there is no street day in America so as soon as they get it they can sell it 1pm today i can pick mine up.

UK is 4 days later i think

Gamefaqs
03/20/06 US
03/24/06 EU

But should be same over there as soon as they get it they can sell it.

Just ordered mine from HMV online (I had 8000 gamerpoints = £40) so it's only costing me £10! Can't wait - this is the BIGGEST title to be released on the 360 as yet.

Rocky - I don't like RPGs either mate but I have been watching my brother play Elderscrolls III on the Xbox and it is a great game - it's the GTA of the RPG gaming world I suppose.

shame the 360 has reunined it abit cos, you now do just as much damage to the enemy if you hit them on the finger as to hitting them in the head.

Check out the ign play test for more details.

Release date is now 24 March (Friday) in the UK.

Alright, I'm an official nerd now. I bought myself a 32" LCD-TV to enjoy this game as much as possible.

(Okay, my damaged 16:9 Sony TV just came in handy...)

The game is amazing.
Love the way the clouds move and the stars and moon move very slowly across the sky.
Gameplay is great and truly Next Gen.

bsmaff said:
shame the 360 has reunined it abit cos, you now do just as much damage to the enemy if you hit them on the finger as to hitting them in the head.

Check out the ign play test for more details.

Due to crap stats, always have been the case with these games need to upgrade yourself!

Official statement from Bethesda:

Oblivion uses the Xbox 360 hard drive extensively to cache (copy and reuse) game data. This is done to optimize all loading the game does. It has been found in rare cases on some Xbox 360s that the cached data can get overly fragmented. This exhibits itself by the game taking a long time to load anything from menus, dialogue, sounds, objects, levels, and more.

To solve this problem, reset your Xbox, and hold down the A button as the game is booting up. If any button is held while Oblivion is loading, it will clear its hard drive cache, and create a new one.

Once you see the “Bethesda Softworks” logo video, the game is already loaded, and the cache should have been cleared.

Note, this does not effect your game in any way other than loading. You will not lose any saved data.

Back
Top Bottom