The England Topic

Nice to see King get a goal, well done. Not a brilliant performance, but it was one of Sven`s experiments again. 1-1 in Portugal will do us, very respectable. It was a joy seeing "amateur" Scotland getting thrashed tonight, too. The kilts were flooding out of the Millenium Stadium before the final whistle! Great evening. :D

yeah i thought we did well, and on the matter of Svens experiments i think its good. if we have injuries, which are no doubt, bound to happen at some stage, the back ups wil know exactly how Sven will want em to play. should be a good finals i say.

C'mon - were none of you shocked at the inadequate play of James? He is bound for disaster! You can smell it. I hope he tightens his game up for God's sake.

He is the Titanic and the Euro Cup is a big-ass iceberg in the misty night. :(

ghazi said:
C'mon - were none of you shocked at the inadequate play of James? He is bound for disaster! You can smell it. I hope he tightens his game up for God's sake.

He is the Titanic and the Euro Cup is a big-ass iceberg in the misty night.

:(

James is unpredictable - but there a few other keepers` as options so I`m not too worried. We have superb defenders, midfielders and strikers - they are the main men. But you`re right, we don`t want any disasters at Euro 2004 . . . . .

James is James and to be fair to him it look like he got his studs caught in the turf for that howler. Nice analogy tho ghazi!

I thought at times our retention of the ball was appaling,we always looked to get the ball in Portugals half when we should of just kept possesion.Ledley King was outstanding

GoonerMagik said:
I thought at times our retention of the ball was appaling,we always looked to get the ball in Portugals half when we should of just kept possesion.Ledley King was outstanding

No-one want's to get injured in a friendly so they don't commit themselves as much, which is why they are meaningless.

How come everytime I watch England, I feel like I'm watching Liverpool...............boring.

Have to admit Portugal didn't impress me much, but a good performance by England.

Still think the likes of France, Italy and Germany are ahead of these two teams though.

FD

fd1972uk said:
How come everytime I watch England, I feel like I'm watching Liverpool...............boring.

Have to admit Portugal didn't impress me much, but a good performance by England.

Still think the likes of France, Italy and Germany are ahead of these two teams though.

FD

France and I taly maybe, but I wouldn't say Germany.

fd1972uk said:

FD

i feel exactly the same England = Liverpool, were so boring!

I loved seeing Ledders prove the doubters wrong and i enjoyed stickin one up to my mates who thought he was sh*t B4 last night.

ah well we just need to wait for Jackson to get his chance on the left wing and we will have a good squad. oh yeah and if we get rid of that lazy c*nt Scholes.

Really need some proper opinon on this topic.

Bridge v Cole

Even though i am a Chelsea fan, I feel Wayne Bridge is better, but only just.

Age - Cole is younger by a year.
Crossing - Bridge delivers excellent curling crosses
Pace - Cole comes out on top
Violence - Cole is very agressive, Bridge is struggline to get yellows!
Actual Defending, Both are very attacking and arent that great at defending.
Assits - This season - Bridge
Goals - This season - Bridge
Passing - Pretty Even

IMO Bridge is better, you?

I am inclined to agree with you cos Cole looks a bit more dodgy defensively, but i'd still go with Cole cos he has more Champions League experience and i think he is much more dangerous going forward!! Close though...

fd1972uk said:

FD

You mean Chelsea right?!

Scott Parker
Joe Cole
Wayne Bridge
John Terry
Glen Johnson
Frank Lampard

Liverpool

Owen
Gerrard
Heskey
Kirkland
Carragher

Player wise, Chelsea is better!

Ellis said:
I am inclined to agree with you cos Cole looks a bit more dodgy defensively, but i'd still go with Cole cos he has more Champions League experience and i think he is much more dangerous going forward!! Close though...

Champs Lge Experience, fair enough, but Bridge has done as well as Cole in the chmps lge this season, both scored 1 goal.

SulphuricX said:
fd1972uk said:

FD

You mean Chelsea right?!

Scott Parker
Joe Cole
Wayne Bridge
John Terry
Glen Johnson
Frank Lampard

Player wise, Chelsea is better!

Those 2 don't even play for the full England team.

Scott Parker is in the squad!

Johnson is in the U21, he is their captian.

U21s from that list

Johnson
Carragher

Chelsea still have more

Bridge maybe more suited to Englands attacking play coz hes a better crosser of the ball.Cole is brilliant going forward and has terrific movment but England simply dont have the movment down the left of Arsenal so there unlikley to get the best out of him attacking wise.

I would play both :D

SulphuricX said:
Scott Parker is in the squad!

Johnson is in the U21, he is their captian.

U21s from that list

Johnson
Carragher

Chelsea still have more

Parker isn't in the England team, he wasn't picked and there is no way Carragher is u-21, he's in the full squad and is 26.

If England play Bridge that means we have to play Heskey as well because lets face it Owen and Rooney arn't going to get much headers in with their height from his crosses. Cole has better speed and movement and without a natural left sided winger we have to rely on Cole's great attacking play. Cole has both the experience at champions league and international level so he will always be first choice at left back. Cole is still only 22 and is steadily improving his defensive qualities as a player.

Bridge v Cole

It's got to be Bridge. Cole annoys me and easily loses his rag, stupid 2 footed challenges and petty dives, he won't get away with it in EURO 2004. Plus cole used to be a striker and often loses his bearing when playing for England he just wanders away from defence. Bridge may also be surrounded by possible team-mates such as G.Johnson, Terry, J.Cole, Parker and Lampard so they will possibly have a bond with playing at Chelsea. I think Bridge, he attacks and defends very well.

i prefer Cole but who plays at Euro 2004 doesnt really bother me as they are both good players, a good idea would be to play one left back and one left midfield imo
solves our left side problem in a jiffy

Gotta be Ashley, I agree with 14_Henry, Bridge might put alot of crosses into the box but how many times did he find an England player with them last night? Ashley Cole is better suited to England because with Owen and Rooney playing, England have to play more like Arsenal attacking wise especially down the left, and not just whip in crosses like Bridge does because it will come to no avail. It's Asher C all the way baby! :mrgreen:

It's been crying out for over a year now to have both of them at left back and left wing. I really think it would work with Cole on the left wing. Him and Bridge could swap positions depending on how the match is going as well.

Back
Top Bottom