The England Topic

Oh and I wish a sniper would just shoot Joe Cole, so at least one of his utterly ridiculous dives would have justification. He shamed the jersey with that crap. Fine do it when your rather unscrupulous club manager tells you to, but when you're representing England, play like you've got a pair.

OK I decided to post a potential England side which i would like to see.

I think this would be a pretty balanced first team.

Crouch - a genuine handfull for defenders
Rooney - obviously
Downing - can produce decent balls for players in the box
Lennon - will cause anyone problems
Gerrard - no explanation needed
Hargreaves - tough tackler and good work rate
A. Cole - better than Bridge
Ferdinand - quality defender
Terry - no nonsense
Neville - solid old pro
Robinson - best keeper England have

Subs:

D. Bent
Johnson
Defoe
J. Cole
Carrick
Lampard
Beckham
Wright-Phillips
Richards
Bridge
Dawson
King
Foster
James (maybe a shock but who else is there)

Again my opinion and not accounting for thing like injuries. ;)

c'mon take S.downing off!!!He hasn't got the international level!!put joe cole instead and i think your team will be perfect

c'mon take S.downing off!!!He hasn't got the international level!!put joe cole instead and i think your team will be perfect
I put him there because of his left peg, and i am sick of watching Joe Cole's pointless step overs. :lol:

You can make as many fantasy England teams as you want, but they'll still play inconsistently. Trust me, for many years now, I keep telling myself how amazing they should be (overall we do have some of the best sets of players in all/most areas of the field) - but I've just lost patience with em....

The fact is, these bunch of overpaid prima donna's can never play with each other. People are only concerned about WAGs/MAGs/FAGs and whatnot thesedays anyway :(

You can make as many fantasy England teams as you want, but they'll still play inconsistently. Trust me, for many years now, I keep telling myself how amazing they should be (overall we do have some of the best sets of players in all/most areas of the field) - but I've just lost patience with em....

The fact is, these bunch of overpaid prima donna's can never play with each other. People are only concerned about WAGs/MAGs/FAGs and whatnot thesedays anyway :(

Yes agree with that but i think the real problem come from the manager!!as long as he will keep playing players out of position(gerrard??),keep playing players out of form(Lamps with England shirt)and keep thinkering(one day 3-5-2 another 4-4-3)that won't function .c'mon McLaren choose a tactic and STICK WITH IT AND WORK ON IT!!!most of the players play a 4-4-2 with their clubs so built something around that!!!
like you said these bunch of overpaid prima donna need a kick in their ass!!!he should pick the best players at the moment(Nolan,Barry,barton)To show nobody is "untouchable"so you'd have better to move your ass

Last edited:
How about a full time England team that is paid by the FA? They can play against prem teams on alternate weeks. You could get these players at under 18 level and train them as almost a club team. This would also eradicate club versus country arguments.

Back
Top Bottom