The FA Cup Semi Finals...

Save the Millenium Stadiium for the Final only?

• Total voters

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
...are now being played at the Millenium Stadium. Is it just me or does that ruin the fact that once you get to the final you have to travel there again? What is wrong with having the Semis played at neutral grounds?

Am I on my own in this or does anyone else feel the same

I think it should be for the final only, make it a special event.

I read in the papers this morning that the FA are planning to do the same thing when they re-open Wembley, its just wrong!!

The Millenium Stadium IS a neutral ground ;)

I agree though, the final should be the most special occasion, but unfortunately money now dictates and this is only to the detriment of the FA Cup, which, i feel, no longer holds that special place in supporters and players hearts.

A shame, but i think it was bound to happen sooner or later . . .

The main reason behind it I understand is that the deal with the new Wembley was that there had to be a certain number for matches played there per annum in order to get agreement to get the thing built. Therefore in future all FA Cup Semi finals will be at Wembley. I guess that they are doing this with the Millenium stadium this year to get the fans used it the idea.

Its all wrong, and its just another knife into the heart of the FAC. No 5th or 6th round replays next year for the teams in Europe either. Buts thats a different story.

Yep 4 sets of fans in 1 city on 1 weekend should be fun

I think Old Trafford and Villa Park should have been used like last year, this may take a little sparkle of the final (location wise)

Back
Top Bottom