The fans thread

Cuky

International
23 June 2007
Rab, Croatia
Real Madrid, Hajduk Split
Well, I couldn't find any similar thread so if there is one please merge this thread into it. I have found one for posting videos and photos, but non for discussion about fans misbehaving, penalties, racism etc.

What prompted me to open this thread is this weeks warning from UEFA to HNS - Croatian Football Association that if they do nothing about hooligans that all our club and national teams will be excluded from UEFA sanctioned competitions.
Although I am all in support against hooliganism I find this warning ridiculous because of few things:
1. Last time there was real trouble with fans in Croatia is 1st of May 2010. when Bad Blue Boys (Dinamo Zg fans) confronted police on stands and outside of stadium. And, in my personal opinion, that time fans were right and police got what they deserved as they had provoked BBB for whole duration of the match and they even beat up women with children and older pepole. Some guys are saying that everything started when few BBB members went to help a teenager being beaten on the floor by few members of special police forces.

2. From than (it is almost 3 years now) only trouble fans are making are fireworks being used on stands (usually with 2-3 minutes break for smoke to clear up) and insults to club boards, FA and Zdravko Mamić.

3. Only real problem that I have witnessed in last few years was racism toward Henri Belle while he was still playing for NK Istra. I haven't heard about any racism in Croatia this season though and that is encouraging.

4. And while things are not perfect here, they are far better than for example in Italy where fans get killed in riots, where racism is at really high level. Or in Russia where Zenit fans even demanded not to sign black players. Or Greece and Turkey where there isn't a derby without fans confronting between themselves or assaulting players and referees.

And yet, non of those I mentioned got same warning as we in Croatia did.

Back
Top Bottom